Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Went to the grocery store earlier to get some of the things I need to make the Mac & Cheese Balls. Peanut Oil isn't cheap, lol.

I had to use my memory for the stuff I needed and fortunately I didn't get anything I already had.  Anyway, actually used peanut oil for frying my eggs.  Won't do it again, lol.

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Mumei

Quote from: Cassi on March 25, 2018, 02:27:47 PM
used peanut oil for frying my eggs.

That kind of sounds interest though.
Nutty flavored eggs.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Mumei on March 25, 2018, 03:52:23 PM
That kind of sounds interest though.
Nutty flavored eggs.

I had never done it before but the recipe for the Mac & Cheese Balls calls for it so when I pouring the peanut oil into a storage jar I saved a wee bit to try it out - for some reason Reese's Peanut Butter Cups came to mind - go figure, lol.

I usually use bacon grease and will continue to do so.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 26, 2018, 09:59:53 AM
I made scramblers this morning.
Coffee and 3 plain cake donuts from dunkin donuts. Sigh

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Cassi

Well, I went on safari to find the Pimento Cheese Spread at the store this morning - it was not easily found.  So I have all the ingredients for the Mac & Cheese Balls just have to get the energy to spend time making them.

As for breakfast, I deep fried mushrooms and broccoli, separately of course.  Never had deep fried broccoli with roasted garlic before.  I actually liked it and thought it would go good with beer drinking, lol - no beer yet :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Sinead

Bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, toast.. and if I can stomach it (which I usually can) pancakes w/maple syrup
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Sinead on March 26, 2018, 03:18:15 PM
Bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, toast.. and if I can stomach it (which I usually can) pancakes w/maple syrup

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez ;lol
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

RobynD

Lately its mainly eggs of some variation, omelets etc. Turkey or chicken sausage at times. Occasionally oatmeal or some sort of porridge with some fruit.

There are times though i make non traditional breakfast foods like salads, meat and cheese on bread, steamed veggies on rice with soy sauce etc.

•  

Mumei

Quote from: Laurie on March 26, 2018, 10:06:21 AM
Coffee and 3 plain cake donuts from dunkin donuts. Sigh

Why? Why? Why?
Dunkin Donuts is evil!!!! >:-)
But why do I open the door to the place, walk in and buy chocolate donuts and coffee from them???
I don't even like sweet things, they taste good but make me feel sick afterwards.
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

This morning Im making cheese, sausage and mushroom omelets.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

A toasted cheese sandwich sounded good to me this morning
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Mumei on March 27, 2018, 01:47:41 AM
Why? Why? Why?
Dunkin Donuts is evil!!!! >:-)
But why do I open the door to the place, walk in and buy chocolate donuts and coffee from them???
I don't even like sweet things, they taste good but make me feel sick afterwards.

I never really buy their donuts, but I've been drinking their coffee a lot lately, they added some girl scout cookie flavors and I'm seriously addicted to the peanut butter one! yum!
  •  

falk

Made oatmeal [steel cut oats with milk] with cut-up apples cooked in. I usually eat some variation of this for breakfast, usually with yogurt on the side [which I skipped today].

I tend to eat light for breakfast. Smoothie bowls are a go for me, omelets too [I like spinach and mushrooms or bell peppers and onions, for example]. I've also microwaved tofu chunks with a chili sauce and then had sauteed garlic greens as a meal.

I used to have heavier breakfasts [like with meats and whatnot] but I usually exercise and/or work early in the morning and it just wasn't nice to my body.
  •  

TicTac

Every morning I make plain waffles and vegan sausage on the side, and so yeah that is pretty much it.
  •  

Sarah_P

I either make a package of oatmeal or fry up a couple eggs & grab a fruit cup. At least for now, while I don't have my own kitchen. Eventually....
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

MollyPants

Freshly baked cheese scones and chutney today :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Gertrude

Pecan mug bread sandwich of bacon with mayo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

V M

- V M
  •