Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christinej78

Cream of Wheat Ten Minute Cook Time with Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Peaches, etc., Dark Brown Sugar, Fat Free Milk cooked in a double boiler (prevents scorching). Any combination of fresh fruit that you like works well.

Difficult to find 10 Minute Cream of Wheat in a supermarket; apparently doesn't sell too well there as most seem to want instant. Taste the difference and you'll probably never go back to instant or the fast stuff. You can find it on the net for prices ranging from $5.60 - $25.00 for a 28 once box. Don't buy the $25.00 box because it's a rip-off. Search the net and you should be able to find it at the low price. If you can't, PM me and I'll send you the link.
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

V M

I think I hear a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon calling to me
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

cartowheel

Since I'm a late to bed, late to rise sort of guy, I tend to skip breakfast altogether and go straight to lunch.  But when I do have breakfast, it's usually a cheese omelette, scrambled eggs, or an over-medium egg with toast, sometimes fried ham or turkey bacon if I can afford it.  Used to have more Pop-tarts and Eggos before I discovered my gluten sensitivity, so maybe it's a good thing I'm eating healthier things.
Began questioning: Around 2011?
Chose to identify as a genderfluid transman: Around 2014ish
Came out completely: 2017
Began using new name: 2017
Starting HRT: 2018
Complete legal name change: 2018
  •  

GCHR88

If I actually make something for breakfast it is usually Arepas (Venezuelan corn cakes stuffed with meats and cheeses).
  •  

MollyPants

I'm making some banana pancakes and fresh coffee and orange juice today

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

V M

I think I'm addicted to omelettes, French toast and bacon or possibly it's just comfort food in an attempt to quell depression
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Laurie

Dratz

It finally dawned on me that my gruel would not be coming so I had to throw something together with limited resources. It seems I'll need to do some grocery shopping. It turned out that my breakfast? Brunch? lunch? was as scrambled as my thoughts this morning.

Bon Appetit,
  Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Gertrude

Bacon, eggs, cheese, SPK on a Keto mug bread muffin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Gertrude on April 23, 2018, 12:52:18 PM
Bacon, eggs, cheese, SPK on a Keto mug bread muffin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Gertrude,           23 April 2018

That looks yummy; I'm assuming SPK is Salt, Pepper and Ketchup; is this correct?

I think I'd have to use a knife and fork; I know I have a big mouth but that looks like more than my old pie-hole can handle.

Best Always,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: christinej78 on April 23, 2018, 01:33:32 PM
Hi Gertrude,           23 April 2018

That looks yummy; I'm assuming SPK is Salt, Pepper and Ketchup; is this correct?

I think I'd have to use a knife and fork; I know I have a big mouth but that looks like more than my old pie-hole can handle.

Best Always,
Christine
75% sugar free ketchup. No sugar added. 1g carbs per tbsp. Regular ketchup is like 6. Bacon, egg and cheese, SPK is a long island standard.
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Gertrude on April 23, 2018, 02:28:10 PM
75% sugar free ketchup. No sugar added. 1g carbs per tbsp. Regular ketchup is like 6. Bacon, egg and cheese, SPK is a long island standard.

Good Afternoon Gertrude,     23 Apr 2018

Thanks, I'll see if I can give it a try tomorrow morning.

I used to live and work in Hicksville LI in 1967 and 1969. Worked for General Instrument Corp on Andrews Road.

Thanks, will let you know how it turns out.

Best Always,
Christine
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: christinej78 on April 23, 2018, 05:07:04 PM
Good Afternoon Gertrude,     23 Apr 2018

Thanks, I'll see if I can give it a try tomorrow morning.

I used to live and work in Hicksville LI in 1967 and 1969. Worked for General Instrument Corp on Andrews Road.

Thanks, will let you know how it turns out.

Best Always,
Christine

I lived on Long Island for 40 years. I was a kid when you were there.
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Gertrude on April 23, 2018, 06:36:03 PM
I lived on Long Island for 40 years. I was a kid when you were there.

Hi Gertrude,       25 Apr 2018

Got up late so I haven't tried the muffin yet; maybe later today.

You are still a kid; we can remain kids until we decide otherwise. I plan to remain one until... I can't find a fun thing about being grownup; requires too much work.

As long as you are happy and healthy life is great; wishing you both.

Best Always,
Christine
  •  

Maddie86

yay, I'm so happy! I FINALLY got to cook something in my new apartment! I made a pancake version of Samoa girl scout cookies and it was amazing! I toasted coconut for the first time and it came out great, and then I tried out my new non-stick sauce pan and used it for homemade caramel sauce and a chocolate ganache. and even the pancake itself was one of the best I've made, I think I have my buttermilk cakes perfected!

•  

MollyPants

Quote from: Maddie86 on May 02, 2018, 08:17:43 AM
yay, I'm so happy! I FINALLY got to cook something in my new apartment! I made a pancake version of Samoa girl scout cookies and it was amazing! I toasted coconut for the first time and it came out great, and then I tried out my new non-stick sauce pan and used it for homemade caramel sauce and a chocolate ganache. and even the pancake itself was one of the best I've made, I think I have my buttermilk cakes perfected!

Oh my goodness those look absolutely amazing Maddie!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Orzo pasta with bacon and eggs sauteed onions and mushrooms and garlic bread

- V M
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Maddie86 on May 02, 2018, 08:17:43 AM

Good morning Maddie,          02 May 2018

Open up a restaurant here in Fort Worth and I'll be there for breakfast every morning. That looks very, very tasty; now, if I just had that sitting here on my desk I'd be in 7th Heaven.

Best Always,
Christine
  •  

TicTac

I will toast exactly 2 pieces of bread with tofurky on it and then I will eat them. That is what I pretty much eat for breakfast.
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: TicTac on May 03, 2018, 04:00:42 AM
I will toast exactly 2 pieces of bread with tofurky on it and then I will eat them. That is what I pretty much eat for breakfast.
Sounds yummy and good for you [emoji4]

Lately I've been eating bakery things from a market nearby and coffee shops. Usually with cheese, spinach, tomato, onion, or sweet potato. The dough they bake with is so good.. And pastries [emoji39]

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •