Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddie86

This morning I made sweet crepes and then I made some savory ones for lunch, but since we don't have a lunch thread and since it was pretty breakfasty  anyways I'll just post them both here!

Cherry cheesecake crepes:
I had some leftover filling from a pie that I made recently, so I used it. I've made these before with just filling and cream cheese but I felt like something was missing, so I sweetened the cream cheese with some sugar and vanilla and it made all the difference, so good!

Then for lunch I melted some swiss cheese on top of some ham that I smoked a couple weeks ago, and I put that on top of some scrambled eggs. Then I wrapped it all up and drizzled it with some chipotle mayo. This was soooo good, I wanna make it more often!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Very fancy crepes!

I guess I can make pretty good, but simple pancakes.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Maddie86

home fries, candied bacon, and blueberry coffeecake pancakes!
  •  

Michelle_P

This morning was a simple French toast with blueberry compote, grapefruit, and coffee.  Blueberries are plentiful in the grocery stores right now, and cook down to a wonderful sauce or topping.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Michelle_P

Bacon, Brussels Sprouts and eggs cooked in bacon fat, served atop roasted peppers and onions with a ghost pepper salsa, bagels, grapefruit, coffee...   

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Maddie86

Churro french toast! I deep fried some french toast and then covered it in cinnamon sugar and drizzled it with homemade cream cheese icing, yum! I also did a cinnamon sugar rim around the plate cuz I thought it'd be cute.

•  

Julia1996

This morning I made scramblers. Eggs, sausage and grits layered in a bowl.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Maddie86

•  

V M

Happy Birthday Maddie!!! Lovely cake  ;D  Is that a new coffee mug as well?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: V M on July 17, 2018, 12:57:49 PM
Happy Birthday Maddie!!! Lovely cake  ;D  Is that a new coffee mug as well?

Thanks!

The mug isn't new, but it's my favorite one and I figured it was appropriate for today lol
  •  

Julia1996

This morning I made a Denver omelet casserole. I actually made it yesterday and baked it this morning. A traditional Denver omelet is made with both ham and lots of bell peppers. I used sausage instead of ham and my brother hates bell peppers so I left those out and used mushrooms and extra onions. But I don't know why I bother trying to make any type of egg dish taste good. My brother will put ketchup on any kind of scrambled eggs or omelet and worse yet, Tristan will put Vegemite on his.😧 😖😵
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on July 17, 2018, 01:22:25 PM
Thanks!

The mug isn't new, but it's my favorite one and I figured it was appropriate for today lol

Happy birthday.🎉🎂
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Julia1996 on July 18, 2018, 07:51:34 AM
This morning I made a Denver omelet casserole. I actually made it yesterday and baked it this morning. A traditional Denver omelet is made with both ham and lots of bell peppers. I used sausage instead of ham and my brother hates bell peppers so I left those out and used mushrooms and extra onions. But I don't know why I bother trying to make any type of egg dish taste good. My brother will put ketchup on any kind of scrambled eggs or omelet and worse yet, Tristan will put Vegemite on his.[emoji47] [emoji37][emoji43]
How's my Julia doing? I love Denver omelettes. No ketchup needed, but I will take a side order of bacon with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Donica

I'm not very big on breakfast, well, I mean I keep it fast and simple. A small hand made thick flour tortilla heated on the stove, a very light dash of butter, 2 table spoons of pico de gallo, 2 to 3 table spoons of medium (some times hot) Pace Picante sauce. a large pinch of Jack cheese, warm it in the microwave for 20 seconds and yummy.

I'm a cheese nut. I put cheese on everything and anything. Rarely Cheddar cheese but lots of Jack, Mozzarella, Parmesan, and most other white cheeses. I love Cheddar but I've herd white cheeses are a little less artery clogging than yellow cheese?

Happy Birthday Maddie!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Maddie86

My brother will put ketchup on any kind of scrambled eggs or omelet and worse yet, Tristan will put Vegemite on his.😧 😖😵

ewww!

Quote from: Julia1996 on July 18, 2018, 07:53:21 AM
Happy birthday.🎉🎂

thanks!!

Quote from: Donica on July 18, 2018, 08:16:29 AM

Happy Birthday Maddie!

thank you!!
  •  

Dena

But I don't know why I bother trying to make any type of egg dish taste good. My brother will put ketchup on any kind of scrambled eggs or omelet and worse yet, Tristan will put Vegemite on his.😧 😖😵
Ketchup is pretty heavy handed as far as a toping. You might try having them use Salsa instead. If I make a omelet with cheese I would put Salsa on it. If it's a more complex omelet like your Denver omelet, no Salsa and just enjoy the flavor that's there.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

There are very few things I'll use ketchup on but can't think of any of them at the moment

I also like salsa for egg dishes and I use mustard on french fries and hash browns

Oh... I use ketchup to make the cocktail sauce for shrimp cocktail  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Gertrude

BEC SPK. That's where I use ketchup with eggs. It's a Long Island thing.

•  

V M

Ah, baconeggancheese? I see there are several renditions of it, how do you make yours?

- V M
  •  

Gertrude

It's bacon egg and cheese salt pepper ketchup on a roll. The egg style is normally fried, but it can be specified. If I don't want a mess, I cook the yoke.

•