Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Quote from: Maddie86 on July 18, 2018, 10:09:42 AM
ewww!

thanks!!

thank you!!

Oh no Vegemite? I honestly didn't know that stuff was real until someone brought some into work. It is the most horrible tasting thing I've ever tried.  :o ewww indeed!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

V M

Quote from: Gertrude on July 19, 2018, 06:59:31 AM
It's bacon egg and cheese salt pepper ketchup on a roll. The egg style is normally fried, but it can be specified. If I don't want a mess, I cook the yoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here in the west we just call them breakfast sandwiches  ;D  You can get them all different ways here also

I won't use ketchup when I make my own, I just use whatever bread I have around and tend to dip mine in a bowl of Marinara Sauce  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Laurie

Hi Folks,

My offering for today is  just a one egg scramble with chorizo, green bell pepper, onion, and crimini mushroom. The ground chorizo was browned first then removed from the pan. I then sauteed the sliced mushroom in butter, salt, and pepper using the same pan until they were starting to change color color then added the diced green pepper and onion only cooking until the onion and pepper were warmed. I then removed the mushroom/onion/pepper from the pan. I then cracked one egg into the pan , added salt and pepper a a liberal dose of Smokey Chipotle Tobasco sauce and scrambled it. Once scrambled I returned the choriz and mushroom/onion/pepper back to the pan to re warm everything and mix it together. I then plated it on a 7 inch plate and added a sprinkling of Mexican blend shredded cheese.

Bon Appettit,
  Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: V M on July 19, 2018, 01:22:54 PM
Here in the west we just call them breakfast sandwiches  ;D  You can get them all different ways here also

I won't use ketchup when I make my own, I just use whatever bread I have around and tend to dip mine in a bowl of Marinara Sauce  ;D
Yeah, but it's on a real kaiser roll, or even a real bagel, not some crappy sourdough roll. When I moved west of the Mississippi, every bread seemed to be sourdough. Even Italian bread.

•  

V M

Quote from: Gertrude on July 19, 2018, 09:26:15 PM
Yeah, but it's on a real kaiser roll, or even a real bagel, not some crappy sourdough roll. When I moved west of the Mississippi, every bread seemed to be sourdough. Even Italian bread.

Sorry I asked, you have a nice day
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Donica on July 19, 2018, 07:38:42 AM

Oh no Vegemite? I honestly didn't know that stuff was real until someone brought some into work. It is the most horrible tasting thing I've ever tried.  :o ewww indeed!

Oh vegemite is all too real unfortunately. There are 2 big jars of it in my kitchen. You would think the USA would be a safe haven from such a nasty condiment but no. I don't know where she gets it but Tristan's mom always brings him a jar of it when his starts getting empty. I tried to get my dad to tell Tristan vegemite had been made illegal in the USA and that if he didn't throw away all his vegemite immediately he would have to arrest him for possession. Sigh...but he wouldn't do it. You would think having a cop as a dad would be at least a little fun but no. My dad won't arrest people I don't like just because I don't like them and he won't let me drive his police cruiser when I go shopping so I can run red lights and zip through traffic. He's just no fun at all.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Didn't you hear Julia?

The Food and Drug Administration has just issued a warning on Vegemite. It has been found to contain not only toxic chemicals but is full of carcinogens link to stomach and liver cancers. They are recommending tossing out any that you may have purchased withing the last 2 years.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Would I fib?
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Donica

There you go Julia! As Laurie put it, Vegemite is not just bad, It's bad for you. Tell them that.

Getting back to breakfast, This morning I cooked a 3 egg omelette with black pepper, 4 slices of bacon, hash browns with black pepper, chopped up some an onion, chopped up 1 large jalapeno with seeds, put it all on a large flour tortilla, rolled it into a very large burrito, put it on a plate with some tortilla chips on the side, poured enchilada sauce over everything (including the chips), added mass quantities of Jack cheese  ;D, warmed it in the microwave to melt the cheese and finally added a little sour cream. Oh, and some more black pepper before the cheese.

There is absolutely no way I could ever eat all that in one sitting so I will be having enchilada style breakfast burrito leftovers for the next 2 to 3 mornings.

Bon appetit!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

V M

Vegemite is kinda like a song that is bad for your radio, someone might like it but that someone isn't you  :D

- V M
  •  

Maid Marion

I bought a 10 inch pan so I could make omlettes with just two eggs.  I've scale recipes down all the time.  One trick is to measure dry ingredients like flour with a scale.  Much less hassle than sifting it like I was taught in school in the 1970s!

But, I usually scramble my eggs.  I like them nicely browned and slightly dry, cooked in lots of butter.  Its been years since there has been a stick of margarine in this house!

I also cook pancakes, waffles, and french toast.  I use the microwave to heat up a combination of butter and pure maple syrup.  If I have time I'll brown some Canadian bacon.  I can cook regular bacon and use up the fat later in the day but usually I don't do that.
  •  

Maddie86

A little while ago I came up with an idea for deep fried pancakes and last week I finally got around to trying them and they were so good! They were pretty much funnel cakes in a different shape, and I think that I actually liked these better than funnel cakes. I used my mom's homemade strawberry jam on them and I had some creamcheese frosting that I wanted to use up, and I thought a chocolate ganache would be good on these so I went with it, yum!

•  

V M

Maddie's got a bass, Maddie's got a bass, I didn't know she played, but Maddies got a bass... Right on  8)

Oh wow, we have the same kind of cast iron skillet and spatula  ;D     

- V M
  •  

Donica

I have a guitar and a keyboard. We should start a band! :angel:
  •  

Maddie86

Snickers pancakes! I took my standard buttermilk pancakes and cut them into rectangles to mimic a candy bar, then I topped the bottom one with a homemade nougat substitute, peanuts, and homemade caramel sauce. then I put on a top pancake and drizzled the whole thing with chocolate ganache. Then I made a peanut butter chocolate caramel coffee

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Maddie86 on July 25, 2018, 07:52:10 AM
A little while ago I came up with an idea for deep fried pancakes and last week I finally got around to trying them and they were so good! They were pretty much funnel cakes in a different shape, and I think that I actually liked these better than funnel cakes. I used my mom's homemade strawberry jam on them and I had some creamcheese frosting that I wanted to use up, and I thought a chocolate ganache would be good on these so I went with it, yum!

Looks yummy!
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

This morning I made blueberry waffles and sausage links. You would think waffles alone would be enough but Tyler came into the kitchen this morning and said " sausages would be really good with waffles ". So I made sausage too.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on August 05, 2018, 09:59:56 AM
Snickers pancakes! I took my standard buttermilk pancakes and cut them into rectangles to mimic a candy bar, then I topped the bottom one with a homemade nougat substitute, peanuts, and homemade caramel sauce. then I put on a top pancake and drizzled the whole thing with chocolate ganache. Then I made a peanut butter chocolate caramel coffee

That looks awesome. I will have to try that.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on July 25, 2018, 07:52:10 AM

OMG, those look sooo good. I would try some but Tyler, Tristan and my dad don't eat healthy as it is. All three of them work out regularly but even so there is cholesterol to think about. My dad is almost 40 so I wouldn't want to serve him a deep fried heart attack on a plate.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

SallyChoasAura

I only know how to make bagels and scrambled eggs. But I'm 15 so I don't know a whole lot about cooking 😅
  •