Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

What awesome, delicious looking breakfast dishes!  Wow!

I just make eggs and easy stuff like that!  Or a fruit bowl!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Donica on August 25, 2018, 02:57:59 PM
Oh my Maddie! You certainly have a sweet tooth and an amazing knack for experimentation. I love carrot cake. When I first saw your picture, that's what I thought it was. Yum!

Hugs,
Donica.

I know right. I would never in a million years have thought of making carrot cake pancakes!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Maddie86 on August 25, 2018, 11:03:07 AM
carrot cake pancakes! I did pancake batter with applesauce and carrot and brown sugar and then seasoned it with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and clove. adding some homemade cream cheese frosting and toasted walnuts put it over the top, omg!

That does look pretty tasty  :icon_dribble:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Maddie86

aw, thanks for the compliments everyone! I've been super creative lately, ever since a friend and I started talking about opening a place some day I've just been coming up with idea after idea, I have some cool stuff planned out for down the road a bit
  •  

Maddie86

today's breakfast took all day yesterday to make! I tend to over complicate things lol, I made my own freaking brioche! I did key lime pie french toast with it... I snuck a little coconut extract into the eggwash and I breaded the brioche in graham cracker crumbs before cooking. then I put a homemade key lime pudding in between the french toast and topped the dish with a homemade honey almond whipped cream, some toasted coconut, and a slice of key lime that I brulee'd

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Maddie86 on August 26, 2018, 08:40:00 AM
today's breakfast took all day yesterday to make! I tend to over complicate things lol, I made my own freaking brioche! I did key lime pie french toast with it... I snuck a little coconut extract into the eggwash and I breaded the brioche in graham cracker crumbs before cooking. then I put a homemade key lime pudding in between the french toast and topped the dish with a homemade honey almond whipped cream, some toasted coconut, and a slice of key lime that I brulee'd

Wow!

When will you open your breakfast restaurant?   :)
I would think that many of us would be customers!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Julia1996

My dad left at the crack of dawn to go fishing with my grandpa so I made him bacon and eggs before he left. Tristan and Tyler are still sleeping of course. Now where did I put that air horn?
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

That's amazing Maddie. Do you cook breakfast for other people too or is it just you? If I didn't have to cook breakfast for the guys I would be totally satisfied with a green smoothie for breakfast.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Donica

Oh ya Maddie! This reminds me I still want to try my luck at baking a loaf of Italian sausage cheese bread. I guess you can have that for breakfast too?
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on August 26, 2018, 10:17:02 AM

Wow!

When will you open your breakfast restaurant?   :)
I would think that many of us would be customers!

Chrissy

someday! maybe in a couple years? practice makes perfect so I'm trying to fine tune things right now before I ever attempt to go public.

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 26, 2018, 10:32:40 AM
That's amazing Maddie. Do you cook breakfast for other people too or is it just you? If I didn't have to cook breakfast for the guys I would be totally satisfied with a green smoothie for breakfast.

thanks! I just cook for me, but a lot of times I'll have leftovers that I'll either eat later in the week or I'll give them away to friends. This morning I went for a walk with a friend and I gave her a chunk of brioche and then I stopped in to visit another friend after that and I gave her a piece too... then she gave me a jar of homemade salsa, yay! I've always been a big eater, but during the week I just stick to cereal, so I like to get creative on the weekends

Quote from: Donica on August 26, 2018, 11:06:29 AM
Oh ya Maddie! This reminds me I still want to try my luck at baking a loaf of Italian sausage cheese bread. I guess you can have that for breakfast too?

yum, that sounds really good!
  •  

V M

I stirred up some crushed pineapple, sweetened coconut, and semi sweet mini chocolate chips in some ricotta and made a few cannolis  ;D 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Michelle_P

Something simple and fast; a light French toast with blueberry compote.  The batter is egg white and almond milk.  (Stop making that face, @Laurie !   You ate it with no complaints when I fed it to you!)

With a 50 cal/slice bread, this one comes to:
166 Calories
26 grams carbohydrates
2 grams fat
13 grams protein
7 grams sugar

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on September 14, 2018, 10:27:57 AM
Something simple and fast; a light French toast with blueberry compote.  The batter is egg white and almond milk.  (Stop making that face, @Laurie !   You ate it with no complaints when I fed it to you!)

With a 50 cal/slice bread, this one comes to:
166 Calories
26 grams carbohydrates
2 grams fat
13 grams protein
7 grams sugar

But was it as good as my potato chips yesterday?
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

ChrissyRyan

Oh yeah, I am such a fancy chef.  Yeah, right.

I can make eggs, toast, ham, and Canadian bacon.  Sometimes the hash browns, but they come out of that big box that looks like a paper gallon milk jug of yesteryear.  It is easy to make them.

Good enough for me.  Sometimes I try to make pancakes.  Usually some I have to throw away.  They get clumpy or fall apart.  All well.

Laurie, Alaskan Danielle, Julia, Maddie, and Michelle are some of the expert chefs here!

Chrissy
  •  

V M

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Donica

A Pico De Gallo soft taco. An extra thick taco size flower tortilla heated on the stove, Pico De Gallo, Pace Picante sauce and jack cheese. Eat it like a soft taco.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Pancakes, although I frequently botch up one in a batch. 

Chrissy
  •  

V M

Bacon and egg breakfast sandwich with slice of red onion, tomatoes, gouda and provolone cheeses  ;D

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on October 22, 2018, 03:32:28 PM
Bacon and egg breakfast sandwich with slice of red onion, tomatoes, gouda and provolone cheeses  ;D

Sounds delicious!

Chrissy
  •