Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Cartoons

Started by Jennifer RachaelAnn, April 20, 2017, 03:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer RachaelAnn

Cartoons are the best. I love the stuff I grew up on. Felix the cat, Popeye, Betty Boop, George of the Jungle, The Jetsons, etc.

But I like some of the newer stuff too. Beavis & Butthead, Family Guy, South Park, American Dad, Johnny Bravo, and so on.

Another one I've always been a fan of is The Simpsons. Wallace and Gromit are really good to. So were the Ninja Turtles.

So what are some cartoons you like/love? What are some you hate?
"There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them."

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

Artesia

Most of the cartoons I like are actually Anime, so I don't know how to answer this. 

Robotech, Voltron, Gundam(all except the SD one) Speed Racer, Star Blazers

Also Flintstones, Jetsons, Strawberry Shortcake, Jem, GI Joe, Transformers(most of them still haven't seen a few) Tom & Jerry, Invader Zim

Don't like:
Family Guy, Power Puff Girls, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

undautri

I love Rick and Morty, Little Witch Academia, The Regular Show, Gravity Falls, and MLP. Also a variety of animated movies are up there for me.

Quote from: Jennifer RachaelAnn on April 20, 2017, 03:20:24 PM
Wallace and Gromit are really good to.

Since you listed stop animation, I'll also list Storm Hawks because it's CGI animation (like most are these days, even if they try to hide it) and I really wanted to mention it because I love that show.

I hate Family Guy, Bojack Horseman, Simpsons, The Flintstones, Invader Zim, and South Park. Don't get me wrong, Invader Zim is funny; I just don't have a strong enough stomach for it. I'm not huge on most "adult" cartoons for that reason- that and their humor usually just falls flat for me, and their usually lazy animation just makes it worse.
kindest regards possible,
Clay
  •  

toxicketchup

Rick and Morty is definitely one of the better animated shows that comes to mind.

I've mainly been watching more anime than anything else. I really love JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, lots of muscular manly-men fighting, posing and being generally fabulous, I can't wait for part V. And Boku no Hero Academia, love that, it's a really good underdog story that really appeals to me.

I used to like Family Guy, but it's gotten really stale lately. Same with the Simpsons. A show can only go on for so long before it loses its great flavor and leaves bad taste.
PSN: Toxicketchup363 (Please include a brief message if you add me so that I know you're not a complete stranger)
  •  

Jamie 65

•  

Deb Roz

I love cartoons!  Currently watching Steven Universe, which is really an excellent show that I recommend for everyone.  Also keeping up on Rick and Morty, hilarious, demented Sci Fi. 

My all time favorite cartoons are:

The Simpsons, Ranma 1/2, Adventure Time, Garfield, Futurama, Bob's Burgers, Invader Zim. 

There are probably more,  but those are the ones that I can think of right now. 
Mid 30s, assigned male at birth, seriously questioning my gender for the first time.
  •  

TicTac

I was about to make a thread on this, but I am glad someone else did it! I know it is a bit on the old side, but why create another?

I loved both of those shows to death. However, there are others of course.

The Rugrats.
Invader Zim
hi hi puffy amiyumi
Camp lazlo
Code Name kids next door
Ed, Edd, n Eddy
Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends
The PowerPuff girls
Dexter's Laboratory
Johnny Bravo
Kim Possible

The list is exaggeratedly limitless honestly. I cannot believe these shows are considered old now though. It is just so weird you know?
  •  

Allison S

Gotta add The Fairly Oddparents to that list Tictac! I loooooved that show and Ed Edd n Eddy was a close second lol
Aaah! Real Monsters may have been tied for 2nd
Lol what weird names for tv shows [emoji23]

Oh just remembered Cat and Dog, The Angry Beavers, Scooby-Doo, Franklin the Turtle, Winnie the pooh, Hey arnold!... and soo many more I can't even think of right now lol

Captain planet
Magic school bus
Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball Z
Tom and Jerry

I watched them all I never went outside lol kinda sad!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Allison S on March 31, 2018, 05:25:30 PM
Gotta add The Fairly Oddparents to that list Tictac! I loooooved that show and Ed Edd n Eddy was a close second lol
Aaah! Real Monsters may have been tied for 2nd
Lol what weird names for tv shows [emoji23]

Oh just remembered Cat and Dog, The Angry Beavers, Scooby-Doo, Franklin the Turtle, Winnie the pooh, Hey arnold!... and soo many more I can't even think of right now lol

Captain planet
Magic school bus
Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball Z
Tom and Jerry

I watched them all I never went outside lol kinda sad!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I could never forget about the The Fairly Oddparents! That show was great along with Danny phantom. All the shows you listed are amazing honestly. I especially liked Cat and Dog and Angry Beavers.

I never went outside when I was a kid either honestly. Cartoon Network was pretty great in the mid 2000s as not only were there great shows, but they also had those cool city bumpers were all the cartoon characters interacted with each other.

Here is a video of the bumpers.
  •  

Cassi

Well, when I was in my late teens, Fritz the Cat, and The 9 Lives of Fritz The Cat were totally cool.  But if you mean younger, MacGilla Gorilla, Top Cat, Hercules, Mighty Mouse, Beany & Cecil to name a few.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

TheDelBel

Western cartoons:
Codename: Kids Next Door
Powerpuff Girls
Hey Arnold
Star VS The Forces of Evil
Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends

Anime:
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Death Note
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Soul Eater
Pop Team Epic
<3
  •  

Sleepydf

MLP both old and new. Steven Universe. Gargoyles. Bleach. Full metal alchalmist.
  •