Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How much did being transgender cost you???

Started by Wild Flower, April 22, 2017, 11:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutumnLeaves

Financially I have no idea. A lot, probably 30K+, but that is cheap considering the peace of mind it's brought me. I had relationships "before" and now, and feel they are much better now that I am living as the real me. I have no depression or mental upset around my gender identity post-transition.
  •  

Wild Flower

Quote from: stephaniec on April 24, 2017, 07:24:37 PM
Cost me 65 years of my. Life for. Not getting started sooner

That's the best answer I read here... I was just thinking in dollar signs. Life is precious.
"Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets."
  •  

Thessa

Quote from: Wild Flower on April 25, 2017, 01:26:13 AM
That's the best answer I read here... I was just thinking in dollar signs. Life is precious.
The only thing you can't buy is more time. That's one of my current major issues, the waste of time and emotions on a person not worth it.
  •  

LizK

What I gained was far more precious than any amount of money could ever buy and miniscule by comparison to what I gained
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

LShipley

It cost me about $20,000 so far this year only as far as procedures.

Opportunities, family, friends i refuse to calculate. I am not going to be a victim!

Focus on what moves you forward. You cant change the past as much as we would all love to make a few changes prior to birth
  •  

Ypsf09

So far I am at 27 months into HRT and I have spent 71K on just surgeries:

1. 45K FFS(Forehead, nose, chin)
2. 11K(BA)
3. 15K(BBL)

I have following surgeries in the pipeline that I plan to complete by end of 2018 to finish my transition

1. Rib Removal, forehead+skull rounding/augmentation for 45K
2. SRS 25k
3. Vline,cheekbone reduction, fat transfer, tipplasty for 30k
4. Second BBL for 15k

So total cost for transitioning would be almost 185K excluding Hormones, laser, electrolysis, hair extensions

•