Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The hardest part about make-up is..... what?

Started by Denise, April 21, 2017, 11:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The hardest part about doing makeup is...

Eye Shadow
2 (6.7%)
Eyeliner
18 (60%)
Lipstick/lipliner/...
3 (10%)
Foundation
2 (6.7%)
Blush
0 (0%)
Mascara
1 (3.3%)
Concealer
0 (0%)
Other - as usual, comment on what it it.
3 (10%)
I'm clean - I never touch the stuff!
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Denise

Let's hear it ladies - what do you find the hardest?
1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

JeanetteLW

I've played with makeup for many years. That doesn't mean I know what I'm doing really. I find doing my brows to be the thing I have most difficulty with. Using the pencil and getting the right shape and darkness before using a brow brush to blend and smooth it out. I recently acquired some brow templates and tried them with some success to give the shape I'm after.
  Next to brows I find I know absolutely nothing about foundation with regards to concealers and contouring. I'm at a complete loss beyond basic foundation and powder.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

staciM

Not exactly "hard", but more of an annoyance....lips.  Getting it perfect and then eating or drinking and messing it all up :)
- Staci -
  •  

Tasha.McKenna

The hardest part is breaking myself of the habit of scratching/touching my face.
  •  

Wanda Jane

Definitely eyeliner. Concealer a close second though. I switched to all brush and it has helped. It's up to about once a week though where I, and that's all that really matters, think I really nailed it and walk out all pumped. Those days make it all worth while.
  •  

Shy

•  

Balerie

Eyeliner is at the top of my list. Number 2 is contouring and blush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Artesia

While I haven't done eyeliner yet, my background in miniatures painting may help that a bit.  However, the Mascara combined with my smaller lashes makes it extremely difficult.  I've gotten it on my eyelids and in my eyes, by the way it BURNS when you get it in your eye.  One eye the lower lashes are so short that I haven't yet been able to put it on that spot yet.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Balerie

Quote from: Artesia on April 22, 2017, 04:38:08 AM
While I haven't done eyeliner yet, my background in miniatures painting may help that a bit.  However, the Mascara combined with my smaller lashes makes it extremely difficult.  I've gotten it on my eyelids and in my eyes, by the way it BURNS when you get it in your eye.  One eye the lower lashes are so short that I haven't yet been able to put it on that spot yet.

I try to go the false eyelashes route but that can be tricky with the glue. Somehow I always have residue left over after taking it all off.

•  

TomTuttle

Eyeliner. No question. I can't do it but i think a bit of butch eyeliner is cool as hell, so it annoys me.
  •  

amberwaves

Eyeliner.  When learning and experimenting I found contouring to be easy.  Eyeshadow I figured out with just a few tutorials and practice.  Liner is the 😈!  Always feel like a kid that broke into her mom's makeup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

•  

Fresas con Nata

I mirror MRV35's call: eyeliner followed by contouring/blush. I found that the way you grab the liner makes quite a difference regarding stability of your hand. I also have some new ideas about contouring that I need to try.

Quote from: Tasha.McKenna on April 22, 2017, 12:55:21 AM
The hardest part is breaking myself of the habit of scratching/touching my face.

And this too :)
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

for me it is lipstick I just can't put it on evenly
  •  

TonyaW

Eyeliner, other than tight lining but I think most of my issue there is over 40 eyes.  I haven't tried to tackle contouring yet.  Sephora did that on my makeover (see avatar).  I'll try that when I'm more out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Harley Quinn

Eyeliner... that's the silliest question EVER! It will never be even.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

findingreason

Eyeliner all the way...I've given up on even using it because I have jittery hands. Makes doing it impossible.

•  

Axolotl

The hardest part about make-up is finding products that don't contain aluminum or other questionable ingredients.  I'm allergic to sunflower seed oil, which is the one product I actually like: tinted lip balm.
  •  

VenessaKyle

Quote from: Denise on April 21, 2017, 11:13:28 PM
Let's hear it ladies - what do you find the hardest?

EYE makeup!!!

😇😸✌👄💕👗
  •  

Mikka55

Eye liner.  I need to get used to looking at mirrored image of me,  and controlling my hands,  plus I have a mono-lid

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

•  

Wild Flower

This will be a psychological response. The toughest part of make-up is looking at the makeup and realizing you need plastic surgery to even make it a remotely good platform to begin with. Make up could be powerful, but even with it on, you still end up looking like a man in drag.
"Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets."
  •