Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I Love Red Lipstick

Started by DawnOday, April 22, 2017, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DawnOday

The redder the better. It just makes me feel sexy.  My favorite is from Revlon. Love that Red. What about you. What do you look best in.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Dena

While I haven't wore lipstick in a long time, red is far to harsh for my complexion. I am better off with one of the flesh pink shades.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Alora

So I was playing for the first time in my new makeup and choose to figure out my lips. This is what I did on my second attempt...

So much fun!!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

For me it varies depending on my hair colour and my mood I like deep dark reds and light pinks
  •  

ForLexGal

I'm obsess with red lippies.  :-*
  •  

JeanetteLW

I like reds more than pinks but finding that shade that looks really good can be hard.  I love how lipstick make my lips look regardless whether they are pinks or reds but since I am still in the closet, staining is a problem. It was surprising to discover that a pink shade will stain as much as a red. I have even used cigarette ask rubbed on my lips to hide the stain before.  Someday I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Hugs,
   Laura or Jeanette
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 28, 2017, 09:23:18 AM
I like reds more than pinks but finding that shade that looks really good can be hard.  I love how lipstick make my lips look regardless whether they are pinks or reds but since I am still in the closet, staining is a problem. It was surprising to discover that a pink shade will stain as much as a red. I have even used cigarette ask rubbed on my lips to hide the stain before.  Someday I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Hugs,
   Laura or Jeanette

I remember going to work in the 80's after a night of being dressed en femme, and having left over lipstick and mascara on.
a semi regular basis. To me it was obvious but nobody said anything But boy did I get teased the time I wore one black shoe and one brown shoe. Ok, I was getting up at 4 in the morning, in the dark.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Janes Groove

For some reason my best shade is rust tho I do love red. But at my age if feels like a guilty pleasure.
  •  

V M

I kinda have a thing for the reds also and I love some of the names they are given

One of my fav.s is called "Red Carpet" and it's coincidentally the least expensive  :icon_chick:  I also have "Ruby Red",

"Red-Y To Wear" and "Passion Pop"
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Shy

I'm just about to experiment with the more dusty pinks. Reds seem bit harsh on me, but I do like the deeper berry colours in the winter.

Sadie
  •  

Dusty

I love a good red. But my go to is nude colors. I love a bold eye and a nude lip.

I love that deep rich red you're wearing!

PS - This was one of the first few times I played with makeup. I'd watched a ton of drag queen tutorials and glued my brows down and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

danats2

I love red also! The hard part is finding a liner that's the right shade.
  •  

Maybebaby56

I love red lipsticks! They are my signature. My go to is Sephora Always Red, which is a lip stain. For a deep, dark red I tried the Kat von D Nosferatu, which is matte but has a wonderful luster to it. However I have found it can wear off unevenly, leaving blotches if you are not very sure-handed applying it.

For a wine-red I use a Tarteist Bling with an Urban Decay Hex lip liner, which gives a similar look to the Nosferatu. I usually wear a matte shade, but recently I tried Smashbox's line of glossy lip paints, and I do like Bad Apple, which is a red and shiny as it gets, but it is not a stain, and you have to be careful when you eat or drink, or even blow your nose. These are all mid-range products you can get for $20-25 each.

I recently tried going upscale and bought a Chanel lip crayon ($37!), No. 6 Framboise, which is a beautiful, creamy fuchsia, but it does does seem to fade fairly quickly and you have to keep reapplying it.  Ironically, the product that seems to last the longest and works for me the best is good 'ol drugstore L'Oreal lip stain No. 223, Mesmerizing Merlot ($15).  It has a top coat applicator and lasts all day (I am wearing it in my avatar picture).

~Terri
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: Laurie on April 28, 2017, 09:23:18 AM

Hugs,
   Laura or Jeanette

Not that you don't know, Laurie, but if you've never tried good old cheap Ponds cold cream (the kind mom used to use) as a make-up remover, you haven't lived....lol.  The stuff breaks it down, takes it off easily and leaves your skin smoooooth and soft. I don't know if I'd slather on liquid eyeliner and Mascara if I didn't know Cold Cream wasn't in my arsenal when it comes time to remove the warpaint.
  •  

Dani

Please excuse me ladies, but I am just not a fan of bright red lipstick.

For me, give me the light pink and natural, nude colors.

OK, OK call me the bad girl.  >:-) Tell me that I don't know what I am missing. I just know what works for me and how I want to present myself. :angel:
  •  

Anne Blake

For me it is all about working with the outfit that I am wearing. Red is a lot of fun but with it being spring my outfits are light and flowery and cry for a strong pink. Fall and winter I go toward a earth tone wardrobe and use a more natural saddle tan/pink color that blends well with my normal lip color. I also love burgundy tops which beg for a berry lip color.....but each to their own. - Anne
  •  

Cimara

I like pinks,  frosts, purples and mauves. I know a lot of blondes like red but I never wear red. I have very full lips and I don't like the way red looks on them.
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •