News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Soem makeup/beauty help please :D

Started by Petti, April 25, 2017, 06:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petti

Hey everyone

I need some tips and advice for makeup. There is so much info out there for how to apply foundation and eyeliner that I don't know where to begin. Does anyone have a good video or other tutorial that has worked well? I want to learn how to work with makeup in such a way that it appears I am not wearing much, save a bit of eyeshadow. I am kind of conservative with my look.  What should be on my shopping list? Like what kind of brushes, pads and things like that?

Lastly, shaving

I have tried almost everything and I CANNOT go against the grain to get a clean shave. I even looked through this thread

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,220210.0.html

And despite Sarah leah's and Harley Quinn's good advice in that thread I still get irritation. Through the years I've tried everything from hair removal creams, straight razors all the best skin prep and I just cannot get a clean shave against the grain without lots of irritation or bumps.

I mention because there still remain two things I have not tried: Epilators and Waxing. Anyone got tips on using either of those methods on the face? Can makeup cover that in any way? Facial hair is along with my height (6') pretty much killing my confidence. Some help please.  :)

•  

Dena

I move the thread to makeup where you may get some advice but as you are looking for videos, you might want to take a look here as well. Hair removal would be discussed here.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Petti

•  

Wild Flower

The graveyard section of the forum for the win!
"Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets."
  •  

Lyric

The best general advice I can give about makeup is something I heard from YouTuber LeighAnnSays (who I recommend checking out). Just take one aspect of makeup at a time-- like eyeliner or whatever. Practice only that every day until you've mastered it before you start practicing with something else.

The most important thing to start with, though, is basic skin care-- clensing and moisturizing. As for facial hair, everybody seems to be a bit different there, so you kind of have to try things until you find what works. Ultimately, save up you pennies for hair removal. Although people have said they use it, I wouldn't consider using wax or an epilator on my face. Some have had success with the home laser gadgets, but you need to be very careful with those, I think.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •