Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I'm afraid of North Korea

Started by redhot1, April 28, 2017, 03:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhot1

Sorry for being too general in the Politics forum, but I don't think I can post this on any other community. I'm afraid that North Korea will strike the US, which is the country I live in, and it's all going to end. I'm freaking out about it because their tension has been rising, and I want to pursue a lot of things I never got, not just exploring my gender, but I'm just talking about all stuff. Once it all ends, there it isn't proven that we will get to re-live our lives in this same universe or get a second chance.

Sorry for that bit of being philosophical, but do you really think things will end now? What can I do to calm myself? My parents don't even want to talk about North Korea, hmm, maybe I should've talked less about it in the first place to "save" my raving. It borders on oppression. It's like they think whatever I say is 100% crap that holds no water. If they were truly in my best interests, they would've let me talk about it and not shut me up. I can't convince them anyway.
  •  

Sena

Its probaly best to think about that usa has the biggest military in the world and i dont think a country like Nk will do anything against such overwhelming force. Also i dont think that Nk has any weapons that can even reach the usa so they cant really do anything against them.

I do hope that this helps you a bit.
  •  

jentay1367

North Korea DOES NOT have a missile with the range required to strike the continental United States.....period. Now if you're in Tokyo or Seoul? ll bets are off. Don't lose even one moment of sleep. If they actually do decide to strike anyone with a nuclear based weapon, their little potentate will be reduced to spun glass in very short order. And I assure you, they know that. Lots and lots of male posturing. Nothing to see here....lol
  •  

Deborah

We have been at war with NK since 1950.  The war has never officially ended.  I did my time in the Korean DMZ back in 1982 and even then we were fully uploaded to kill any NK we could find on our side. 

As others have said, they cannot strike us right now.  The real threat is to Seoul as its within range of lots of NK long range artillery and missiles. 

However, if NK ever did start something then between us and South Korea we would destroy NK in short order.  So unless their regime is actually in danger of collapse I doubt they'll do more than bluster for now.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Dena

Something that hasn't been reported much in the news is that Trump has had a discussion with China and China has been putting the pressure on North Korea by limiting supplies to the country. North Korea understands that they wouldn't exist long without China's help so I suspect you will start to hear less from them as time goes on. The last thing China wants is the US to take action in Korea so from China's point of view, it's better that China control North Korea than the US.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

TinaVane

I keep hearing North Korea can reach Seattle to which is where I reside. I would think they could hit Hawaii before Seattle [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C'est Si Bon
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: TinaVane on April 28, 2017, 05:27:54 PM
I keep hearing North Korea can reach Seattle to which is where I reside. I would think they could hit Hawaii before Seattle [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Just cuz' you "heard it" ain't make it true...they simply can't. In fact they just launched an hour ago and failed miserably...... again. They can't even get out of their own way. The little troll just wants some attention as most petulant children do.
  •  

TinaVane

Quote from: jentay1367 on April 28, 2017, 05:49:11 PM

Just cuz' you "heard it" ain't make it true...they simply can't. In fact they just launched an hour ago and failed miserably...... again. They can't even get out of their own way. The little troll just wants some attention as most petulant children do.
"petulant children "
Sound like what we have also

C'est Si Bon
  •  

Christine1

NK would have an issue hitting SK yet alone the US. It's called fear mongering!

Therapy 1-4-2017
  •  

Deborah

NK could kill tens to hundreds of thousands of South Koreans in Seoul before we could react.  Their artillery is in range and it has been targeted for over 60 years.  NK is not a joke.  Given time they will be able to reach the USA with their missiles even though they can't do it yet.

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

SailorMars1994

Yes, NKs leader has a very very very bad case of small man syndrome. If he attack anyone I can garruentee you that the following counties: France, United Kingdom, America, Canada , Austrialia, Isreal (more then likey, and a whole host of other countries including China would take swift and strong acton... NK knows this, so they are just trying to flex their muscle like a 13 year old boy after his first trip to the gym... Sleep tight <3
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

redhot1

Apparently, the nuke on SK or Japan may cause a worse scenario of making a volcano erupt.
  •  

jentay1367

If they can actually manage to get a nuke to either place, a crappy volcano will be the least of the worlds problems. It will be ugly. Very ugly.
  •  

Joelene9

The Kim dynasty leadership of the DPRK has long to be known as the "Addams Family" of the Western Rim. There are 3 generations that passed whom don't know about the outside world other than that negative stuff in the constant propaganda. The people are hungry for God, food and information. Each of the 3 leaders had complete control as each successor being more eccentric and having more dangerous 'toys' to play with. With Jong-Un, not even his relatives are safe. These people go by the nastiest forms possible.
  There is a lot to be afraid with this person with nukes. Japan was nuked twice before and they don't want to be nuked again! Today's missile test was another failure shortly after launch. The DPRK does not have trade relations with China. The last train China sent was confiscated along with the gift cargo. That bridge from Linjiang, China is lit across the Yalu River by colorful LED lights on the China side only. Another bridge has been constructed on both sides near the mouth of that river, but has no road from it on the N. Korea side. The lights are off at night in North Korea except those that illuminate the statues and portraits of the two past leaders.
  •  

kariann330

From someone who did 18 months stationed at the DMZ, I can tell you this much.....our Army alone has enough firepower to wipe NK off the face of the earth. Their special forces are constantly lied to about being the best in the world, yet their boots are worn out to the point of barely providing any protection, they are using modified USSR erra Kalashnikov rifles that are prone to malfunctions because of age, the cylinder magazines that they use are prone to malfunctions and jams, and they are malnourished to the extent that prolonged time in an active theater would lead to exhaustion at a severely accelerated rate.

Further more if you were to directly compare their numbers to ours we have them licked, sometimes on a 1,000:1 scale.

Now if you want to talk about technology, they do not have the money, or the equipment to miniturize a nuclear device to use it as a warhead no matter what they claim. The device that's being called the disco ball may be the correct size, but it is obviously lacking the rather advanced electronics needed to detonate a device that size.

I will say that compared to actual military facts the lame stream media sure is doing a great job once again of fearmongering and misrepresenting the facts about NK. Is it partially because of classified information, yes....but I have  feeling that wanting to make sure you have an even worse opinion about POTUS is also part of it as that situation wasn't even that stable under Obama or Bush.
I need a hero to save me now, i need a hero to save my life, a hero will save me just in time!!

"Don't bother running from a sniper, you will just die tired and sweaty"

Longest shot 2500yards, Savage 110BA 338 Lapua magnum, 15X scope, 10X magnifier. Bipod.
  •  

redhot1

Also, there is a clairvoyant prophet named Horacie Villeges who foresees World War 3 starting on May 13. What if he is right? He also foresaw Trump's election and the strike in Syria.
  •  

Tessa James

And the end of the world has been predicted by countless erring prophets for generations and here we are.

You can always find a way to worry but getting out there and making friends feels better :D
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Dena

Quote from: redhot1 on May 06, 2017, 11:38:34 AM
Also, there is a clairvoyant prophet named Horacie Villeges who foresees World War 3 starting on May 13. What if he is right? He also foresaw Trump's election and the strike in Syria.
Let me tell you how con men work. They take credit for something that has already happened and then make a prediction. This is a common game in the finance industry in order to rope people in. Most often they buy a worthless stock for pennies, make "predictions" that this stock is going to be valuable. The stock then goes up because everybody buys it believing the "prediction" and then the con man dumps what they are holding, making a profit by pushing worthless stock. This is an illegal practice but it's difficult to convict people who do this so people lose money every year to this scam.

When somebody makes a prediction about the future, the odds are they have figured out how to make a buck off it. The problem for you is to figure out how they are doing it.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Deborah

When I was in high school Hal Lindsey was all the rage with his book "The Late Great Planet Earth" with its prediction of the apocalypse and the return of Jesus in the 1980s.  Here it is 37 years later and Jesus is still conspicuous in his absence and the earth is still here.

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

SailorMars1994

Quote from: redhot1 on May 06, 2017, 11:38:34 AM

Well, we all died on December 21 2012.... We just dont know it yet ;)
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •