Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Spiders?

Started by HappyMoni, April 28, 2017, 09:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

Can someone help this old lady across the cyber street. What do Spiders and 'Hidden' mean? I see it all the time but don't know what it is. Is it some form of 'geocashing' or are the mods called spiders?
Moni
   You can now get your merit badge for helping me cross the street.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Dena

If you look at the bottom of the user list, you will see the names of several search engines. Spiders are used by the search engines to watch for updates to the site and return them to the search engine.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: HappyMoni on April 28, 2017, 09:14:06 PM
Can someone help this old lady across the cyber street. What do Spiders and 'Hidden' mean? I see it all the time but don't know what it is. Is it some form of 'geocashing' or are the mods called spiders?
Moni
   You can now get your merit badge for helping me cross the street.

Hey Moni (as in the Tommi James song)

You are still in trouble. Just a friendly reminder.

Hugs,
Laurie

•  

Dena

Oops, I forgot to explain hidden. There is a setting that will keep your name from displaying in the list for non staff members. It's a good setting if you want privacy while browsing the site. Staff can see all the users because it's sometime necessary when tracking a problem user.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

HappyMoni

Thank you Dena! Are the search engines capable of carrying off and hiding someone like, oh, I don't know,...Jeanette?

Moni (As in Bonnie, or Connie, or Roni) Ugh!

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Dena

Quote from: HappyMoni on April 29, 2017, 06:18:30 AM
Thank you Dena! Are the search engines capable of carrying off and hiding someone like, oh, I don't know,...Jeanette?

Moni (As in Bonnie, or Connie, or Roni) Ugh!
Naaaahhh, but they are capable of making off with everything Jeanette writes.
  •  

Janes Groove

Whew!
That's a relief.
I was worried about super intelligent spiders dealing with gender issues!
The one who keeps crawling into my bathtub is bad enough.  I keep putting her outside. But she keeps coming back. :(
  •  

FTMax

Quote from: Jane Emily on April 29, 2017, 09:25:22 AM
Whew!
That's a relief.
I was worried about super intelligent spiders dealing with gender issues!

This is a supportive space for everyone, regardless of the number of legs they have!
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Fresas con Nata

Quote from: Jane Emily on April 29, 2017, 09:25:22 AM
The one who keeps crawling into my bathtub is bad enough.  I keep putting her outside. But she keeps coming back. :(

In a flat where I used to live there was one that lived behind the mirror in the bathroom, and everyday around 6pm it would go out and just hang there near the ceiling.

One evening it wasn't there. That day I realised I had become fond of it :(

Quote from: FTMax on April 29, 2017, 09:28:33 AM
This is a supportive space for everyone, regardless of the number of legs they have!

Haha I see what you did there!
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Dena on April 29, 2017, 09:21:09 AM
Naaaahhh, but they are capable of making off with everything Jeanette writes.

So that's what happens when my posts are missing....

And it's still Moni like Tony

Laurie aka Jeanette
  •  

HappyMoni

That does it, the next spider I see I will ask if misnaming someone is a  TOS violation, Miss Two Names.  >:-)

I would like to go on record as  being supportive of transgender spiders. I will have to think about centipedes though. Maybe with a little makeup. But nice shoes would be a nightmare.

Moni  (If it was like 'Tony' with a long 'o' Jeanette, it would have two 'o's.')

]
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: HappyMoni on April 29, 2017, 12:48:55 PM
That does it, the next spider I see I will ask if misnaming someone is a  TOS violation, Miss Two Names.  >:-)

I would like to go on record as  being supportive of transgender spiders. I will have to think about centipedes though. Maybe with a little makeup. But nice shoes would be a nightmare.

Moni  (If it was like 'Tony' with a long 'o' Jeanette, it would have two 'o's.')

I agree shoes for a centipede would be a nightmare. Can you imagine 50 pairs of heels clicking all at once?

You are sooo wrong about your own name it is unbelievable.  **sigh**

If your name had two Os it would Be pronounced Moon ie  as in moon  or the sound a cow makes. And speaking of that.. with all this fuss you are making over a name....   
  Well anyway it's Moni as in tony and that cool old song Moni Moni.. so there :P

Sing it!  Here she comes now sing Moni Moni...

Love ya,
   Laurie
  •  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

To get back on topic, do you have to allow open registration for spiders, or can you keep your registration (I guess encrypted is the word I want?) and they still show up?
"There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them."

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•