News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Cross Dressing and Multiple Personalities

Started by Wendyway2, May 21, 2017, 09:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendyway2

Hello,

What is cross dressing, as a Transgender and deconstructionist in my own experience gender never played that significant a role. I would either pass as  a pretty boy, or a transitioning woman. Yet in coming out dressing in numerous roles, supplicating a name change to fit an identity, and de-gendering my masculine personality has left me with a wide open gap, that beckons for the mending of souls and spirits to see me as human. That social media offers a diverse way of communication, but to speak in numerous tongues to strangers is not always the goal of communication. To shy away from being a role model as  a parent may mean we are being naive about what we can expect in this life. What are the convincers that we are who we say we are, what do we use as supporting evidence that will reinforce our beliefs that we are united to the human race and to man and woman kind. We offer a wide range of solutions in response to how, and why our personalities change and have changed, but we need to breathe, we need to develop, and we need to grow.Most importantly perhaps is the lesson that we face an inner conflict that causes us to struggle, and yet it is in our exploration and discovery of gender non conformity and self affirmation, that we can differentiate, and literally show the difference as to whom we identify as a person of high self esteem and worth.

Michelle_P

Welcome to the site.

"Cross-dressing" has a pretty precise definition in practice.
QuoteCross-dressing is the act of wearing clothing commonly associated with another gender within a particular society.
I consider cross-dressing to be wearing clothing associated with another gender than the one I identify as. Im my case, wearing men's pants shirts, suits, and such would be cross-dressing for me.  Not very philosophical of me, perhaps, but pragmatism is often the best way to engage the physical world.

We'd like to get to know you!  Try posting a little bit about yourself in a new topic just for yourself, over in our Introductions forum. Tell us your story, how you came to join our family, life lessons learned, and tell us what makes the world a special place for you. 

I hope you feel welcome here.

A Cautionary Note:
Please try to remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out there somewhere make sure of this.

This is a public forum. We cannot insure that any information shared on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction.  There is no way to guarantee that automated image and writing style analyzers out there won't see and process your post.

Do not share anything on Susan's that you do not want to be public information.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to take a look, please take a moment to go through them.

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Dani

Wendyway2,

It took me over 50 years to find myself. It is not easy and definitely not straight forward. Many of us here have struggled with our own personal search for years.

Best wishes for you and take care.
  •