Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Help

Started by Undecided, May 23, 2017, 08:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undecided

Anyone I could talk to about Islam?
  •  

bubbles21

Hey,

Whats up? I may be able to help?  ;D
Blossoming with my Happy Pills :)
  •  

Undecided

Quote from: bubbles21 on May 23, 2017, 08:52:13 PM
Hey,

Whats up? I may be able to help?  ;D

I am still not quite clear on Islam and Allah's view of us... Is it or is it not haram to transition?
  •  

Hannah Samira

I don't think anybody is clear on Islam's view on us. Many people will say being Transgender is indeed haram, however there are some people (including Imams) who say it is acceptable.

Personally, I believe that as long as you are a good person and you believe in God then you are a good Muslim. Therefore being transgender shouldn't be seen as totally unacceptable.

I just wish that other's looked at it the same way x
Twitter: @HannahSamira14
Instagram: @hannah_samira14

:angel:
  •  

jordn

I know this topic is old and inactive, but I feel like I need to say this.

Most Muslims oppose gender transition because they believe it is wrong to temper with god's creation. But think of it this way, if someone is born with deformity e.g. a clubfoot or a cleft palate, they are allowed to undergo surgeries to fix themselves. So what's wrong with undergoing surgeries when someone is born with the wrong body?

Even the most conservative Islamic sects allow transition surgeries for intersex individuals because they are born with wrong bodies.* Heck! they even endorse it.

Therefore, I don't see any reason to oppose anyone's transition, male or female. We are all just born in the wrong bodies.

So, to answer your question: No, it is not haram to transition.

* I am intersex, and personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with my body, anyway.
  •