Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Removing eye makeup?

Started by Shy, June 06, 2017, 10:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shy

What's the gentlest way to remover eye makeup ladies and gents. Especially waterproof mascara.
I've tried a few oil based cleansers but it still takes a lot of fussing about. I love putting the stuff on but hate taking it off at night. I suppose I should try to find a way to get all zen about it, take my time and learn patience, but really when it's done it's job I want it gone as painlessly and quickly as possible.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

DawnOday

I have success with mineral oil on a q tip after using a facial wipe. If you have pitiful lashes like I do you may want to use caster oil as it is supposed to help them grow.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Shy

Quote from: DawnOday on June 06, 2017, 10:20:04 AM
I have success with mineral oil on a q tip after using a facial wipe. If you have pitiful lashes like I do you may want to use caster oil as it is supposed to help them grow.

Thanks Dawn, I've got a bottle of caster oil, i'll give it a go tonight and see how I get on.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Dusty

Any kind of oil will work well. I like straight jojoba oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

JulieA

I got some Neutrogena, Eye Makeup Remover at the grocery store---It is Fantastic.  Take all makeup off, even the waterproof mascara----It feels great, and conditions and soothes the eye area---no burning.  It takes a very small amount to do the job! Julie
  •  

ainsley

I use:
Olay Fresh Effects Everything Off! Deluxe Make-Up Facial Cleanser Removal Wet Cloths

Takes off waterproof mascara, etc. 
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

judithlynn

Hi Shy;
I use Simple Eye Make Up Remover on s cotton wool pad. It gets everything off really well.
Judith
:-*
Hugs

•  

Prada

I have amazingly waterproof super stay mascara and it's super hard to get off. Then I got Neutrogena Oil Free Makeup remover for Trial Team and it's truly amazing. My most stubborn lashes are completely cleaned and I got don't get panda eyes the next morning. I've also found that when my mascara's being a little stubborn, I hold my lashes between a remover soaked cotton pad for a few seconds and it really helps.

•  

Julia1996

I use heavy black waterproof mascara. It takes at least three coats to totally cover my snow white lashes and it can be a nightmare to get it off. I use an old, clean mascara applicator and I dip it in some eye makeup remover and apply it to the top and bottom lashes, apply more remover to my eyelids with a cotton pad and then let it set for about 15 minutes before I remove my make up. Just don't dip the mascara applicator in your bottle of makeup remover. And wash it with soap and hot water every time you use it. You don't want germs to build up on anything you use on your eyes.

Everyone probably already knows this but you should change mascara every couple of months even if you still have some left in the tube. Bacteria can build up and cause a eye infection. Also, don't share eyemakeup with anyone.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Zoe_Kay

After a first big wipe with a wet cloth, I use a little olive oil on a Q-tip and the eye makeup comes off pretty good!
"To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny." ~ Alan Cohen
  •  

Wanda Jane

Quote from: JulieA on June 09, 2017, 11:03:49 AM
I got some Neutrogena, Eye Makeup Remover at the grocery store---It is Fantastic.  Take all makeup off, even the waterproof mascara----It feels great, and conditions and soothes the eye area---no burning.  It takes a very small amount to do the job! Julie

I agree 100%! It is a bit pricey, so I've tried lots of alternatives but Neutrogena is the bomb!!!
  •  

Quinn_Elizabeth

Anything oil based will break down the waterproof mascara.
I use the Almay waterproof eye makeup remover pads. They're cheap and get the job done!
When I feel like treating myself to a nice (expensive, and unnecessary) makeup remover for my eyes
I really enjoy the one by Lancôme in the blue bottle. It's amazing and doesn't leave my eyes feeling greasy!

-Quinn💖
  •  

BillieC

I've had great luck with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser and Burt's Bees Makeup remover wipes for the really stubborn mascara. Never an issue getting clean at the end of the day!
– Happy to have finally found some peace of mind... if anyone finds the other peaces, please let me know!
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Why would anyone use water proof mascara? It's so pointless. I have been using the loreal lash paradise for an age now, working on cars, sweating, washing cars and getting wet, and in Ireland it rains all the time and never have I seen myself thinking, damn I need my mascara water proof.
I think with the added effort of taking it off it totally out weighs the benefits it provides. The abuse on such delicate skin should be enough reason to avoid it.

•  

ainsley

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on May 07, 2018, 05:04:59 PM
Why would anyone use water proof mascara?  ...  The abuse on such delicate skin should be enough reason to avoid it.

So that is stays on.  LOL  Also, I put it on my lashes, not my skin.  ;)

Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Wanda Jane on January 18, 2018, 01:28:46 PM
I agree 100%! It is a bit pricey, so I've tried lots of alternatives but Neutrogena is the bomb!!!

I agree with you ladies on the Neutrogena! It is pricey but I love it.

Hugs,
         Chelsea
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: ainsley on May 11, 2018, 11:23:55 AM
So that is stays on.  LOL  Also, I put it on my lashes, not my skin.  ;)

When you wipe it off, you avoid the skin of the eyes?
Also in the type of environment it was designed for, it literally makes no sense why it was ever created to be honest.
Make up and water makes no sense.
It's just my opinion, I wouldn't be using that type mascara certainly not everyday.

•  

ainsley

Beach/swim, working out and sweating, crying, etc.  There are reasons women want mascara (not ALL makeup) that is waterproof.  The growth rate of mascara is expected to be 6.7%, and waterproof mascara @ 6.82, per Mascara Market: Worldwide Analysis and Forecasts, 2017 to 2023.  Maybe you can convince them to stop selling it, and in turn women will stop using that 'pointless' product.  :)

Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: ainsley on May 11, 2018, 03:02:06 PM
Beach/swim, working out and sweating, crying, etc.  There are reasons women want mascara (not ALL makeup) that is waterproof.  The growth rate of mascara is expected to be 6.7%, and waterproof mascara @ 6.82, per Mascara Market: Worldwide Analysis and Forecasts, 2017 to 2023.  Maybe you can convince them to stop selling it, and in turn women will stop using that 'pointless' product.  :)

Ha, I'm not bothered to that extent no, just my personal feelings on it. I think it's a very delicate area and I prefer that it removes easily.

•  

ainsley

lol, fair enough!  I just hate it when my mascara smears, so if I put on mascara it will be waterproof.  So, don't you go lobbying the industry to nix it, girlfriend!!   >:-)

Shape of A GIRL!
  •