Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

GCS with McGinn (After so many years waiting)

Started by HappyMoni, June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

So I asked myself does Susan's need another GCS thread. Maybe not. I decided to take a poll and only one person answered. Laurie hated the idea so in accordance with that I am obligated to do this thing. I also can't think of another way to talk to a number of folks on here while I am not feeling my best near my surgery date of June 27.
   Before I start, I want to recognize  anyone who for whatever reason does not have a  major step in your transition available to them. I know it is painful and I am sorry. I have known that feeling for so long myself. I only wish positive things for someone in this situation. I hope to provide information to help someone going later than me. In the past I ended up with bad dysphoria reading posts like this, so if you get this way don't read it. Okay?
   What a difference a day makes. Yesterday, I had to redo my labs because my white cell count was high. For a week I sweated this out while I got off Progesterone.  It is terrifying. On one hand it could mean I am sick (thoughts of cancer maybe) and not getting surgery, on the other hand, I could be okay and getting my surgery. Dr. McGinn's office has been so responsive and this morning I got the answer I wanted... no, needed, to hear. I still have a voice in me that won't believe it will happen until I wake up from the event.
   I will try to focus on information about the process and maybe the emotions, anything that might be useful. I may not write unless I have something like that. Questions are welcome.
   Love to all,
   Moni 
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Cindy

Moni,

Susan's hosts threads that support people. You need support through this exciting time,
and yes some people will be sad that they cannot get to the point of GCS for whatever reasons. However you have reached this point and you need and deserve support.

Now stop worrying, you have plenty of time for that in coming weeks ;D
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM
   So I asked myself does Susan's need another GCS thread. Maybe not. I decided to take a poll and only one person answered. Laurie hated the idea so in accordance with that I am obligated to do this thing.

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday, I had to redo my labs because my white cell count was high. For a week I sweated this out while I got off Progesterone.  It is terrifying. On one hand it could mean I am sick (thoughts of cancer maybe) and not getting surgery, on the other hand, I could be okay and getting my surgery. Dr. McGinn's office has been so responsive and this morning I got the answer I wanted... no, needed, to hear. I still have a voice in me that won't believe it will happen until I wake up from the event.
   Moni

I knew it, I always get overruled. You asked and I told you not to do it and yet here it is .. another thread on GCS... *SIGH*  And you do it to spite me yet! That is soooo like you.

I'm going to read between the lines here and guess the white cell count came down and your worst fears were unfounded? Well I told you so. Didn't I? I always knew you were letting your imagination go into overdrive and were fearing the worst. That's just like you. Always thinking the worst about everything and everyone. I mean just look at what you said about me.. Well I'm not like that at all. To show you I'm going to tell you I am happy for you that the labs were nothing to worry so much about and happy your doctor has given the go ahead for your surgery. That is outstanding news. I bet you scheduled the surgery for when I'll likely be in the area in order to avoid me. Didn't you?

I suppose I can put up with one more mundane surgery thread.  *sigh* If I have to.

Congrats Monico moniker ugh monorail arrg Moni! Yeah that's it Moni.

Hugs,
   Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Laurie on June 08, 2017, 09:58:32 PM
  I knew it, I always get overruled. You asked and I told you not to do it and yet here it is .. another thread on GCS... *SIGH*  And you do it to spite me yet! That is soooo like you.

I'm going to read between the lines here and guess the white cell count came down and your worst fears were unfounded? Well I told you so. Didn't I? I always knew you were letting your imagination go into overdrive and were fearing the worst. That's just like you. Always thinking the worst about everything and everyone. I mean just look at what you said about me.. Well I'm not like that at all. To show you I'm going to tell you I am happy for you that the labs were nothing to worry so much about and happy your doctor has given the go ahead for your surgery. That is outstanding news. I bet you scheduled the surgery for when I'll likely be in the area in order to avoid me. Didn't you?

I suppose I can put up with one more mundane surgery thread.  *sigh* If I have to.

Congrats Monico moniker ugh monorail arrg Moni! Yeah that's it Moni.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Cindy, with support like this, do I really have to get support? Please don't make me, please!
Moni (Mon nee, ugh!)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 08, 2017, 10:11:23 PM
Cindy, with support like this, do I really have to get support? Please don't make me, please!
Moni (Mon nee, ugh!)

HEY !!

I was being nice Miss Moni.  Just see if I do that again.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

SadieBlake

Dang Moni, I was wondering when you'd start this thread, I almost started one for you thinking maybe you'd forgotten ;-)

So hugs and of course I want a chance to kibitz. I'm so excited for you and I want to hear everything. Obviously, so glad your wbc is back to acceptance ranges (I had a low hematocrit # going in which my endocrinologist attributed to estrogen hrt ... i suspect it was being run down from an insane schedule).

Questions ...

Who's helping you after the surgery and what's your plan for recovery?

How are you doing emotionally?

Hugs and best wishes, I'm really glad for you.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

LizK

Now Moni (as in Bonnie)

Stay cool, I promise "we" will try and keep Laurie(as in storrry) as far away from you as possible but you know what she is like...

Big sigh of relief with the bloods...See all will be well

Your GCS date has now been added to my official "Whiteboard of Significant dates" ranks right up along side some of the all time greats like "Hair Implant Date......round of applause please ... c'mon ladies no pushing....there will be photo opportunities later..

On a far more grave and serious note...I really wish you all the joy in the world. I will be thinking of you and eagerly waiting to hear of your success .

Liz

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Gail20

After being off the list for years I've been back since the first of the year because I needed to FINALLY research a surgeon.  I cant think of a single GCS thread where I didn't learn something and I've been out for years.

Please do give us all the details Moni. :)  I'm having surgery on 8/11 at NYU and I will certainly be posting my own details. . .
"friends speak for you when you can't speak for yourself" :)
  •  

Rayna

Moni,

Elective surgery is one of those things where we sympathize, wish for the best, but also embrace the pain as the necessary step to a better future.

Or maybe it's not really "elective" is it? Yes, this needs to be done and you will do it well! Anybody who gives Laurie this much grief is strong.

All the best.
Love Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

SailorMars1994

That is awesome girl!! i am so happy you are getting to be complete with who you were meant to be. You really are one of the sweets hearts i have ever met and have been there for me more then i could count on. Now, get that surgery i wish i could have but probably never will xD

love ya boo-Ashley
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

HappyMoni

I am so thankful for anyone who posts on here. If I don't mention everyone, it isn't because I don't value your post, I just have so many brain cells left and my favorite typing finger is sore.

Sadie,
I will have a lot of support. My partner, Ann. My brother and sister in law also. They are wonderful. Recovery plan is 3 days in hospital, Tues through Friday. If all okay, two visits to Papillon the next week, leaving that second Friday. I am so lucky to have changed jobs in 2010 and I work for the school system now. This means I can recover until late August without missing work.
My frame of mind was massive stress worrying about getting to surgery. Now that all seems a go, I am so much calmer. I don't have any doubts about surgery. My physical dysphoria is pretty bad which is an asset when it comes to being sure about surgery. I want to take this time and savor it. I am all smiles right now.
Liz
You got my name right!! Three cheers! Thank you and don't worry about Laurie, she thinks I'm crazy and when this is all done, she might be right. Clapping for hair implants.
Gail
Hi, is that with Bluebond Langner? I hope this is helpful to someone. Good luck, Girl.
Randy
Hi! No, it isn't elective surgery for me. When it gets bad enough you want to bang your head against the wall in frustration, it is not an elective thing. Hope you are doing well, my friend.
Ashley
Don't count it out for you, Girl. You are such a kind soul, you are a pleasure to talk to. Thanks for being there for me.

Moni

]
  •  

Laurie

Did you see that? Huh? Huh? Did you see how she left me out? and I've been ever so supportive of her too.

Moni as in Tony
Moni as in toni
Moni as in pony
Moni as on connie
Moni as in baloney
Moni as in bony

So there take that! Leave me out will ya?
I'ma gunna hunt you down lady and teach you how to pronounce you name once and for all.
Mark my words Miss Monica! See if I don't.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

I just talked to you on the phone you goofball! You know I love you even with that namelexia of yours. You even said my name correctly on the phone. Yeah you come find me, I'll show you.
Moni

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 09, 2017, 09:34:02 PM
I just talked to you on the phone you goofball! You know I love you even with that namelexia of yours. You even said my name correctly on the phone. Yeah you come find me, I'll show you.
Moni

Just who do you think you are calling a goofball?
I did not! And even if I did it was an accident! Love ya too Monica but I'll deny it if asked.

Now you just stop this nonsense. This is your surgery thread and you are derailing it. Get back on track.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Rayna

Quote from: Laurie on June 09, 2017, 09:58:16 PM
Now you just stop this nonsense. This is your surgery thread and you are derailing it. Get back on track.
Ha, what better topic to derail than thinking about surgery?  Gives me the shivers.  You are strong!
If so, then why not?
  •  

jentay1367

I have nothing to share other than I am watching and sending postive energy and prayers to you. These are heady important times for you. A true paradigm shift is coming. I'm watching in awe and hope for my day soon. If there's anything I can do to help, Hon....let me know. PM if you want to or need to. Our spirits are your guardian angels and we're all watching you and hoping you have the smoothest time with the most wonderful outcome. I'm sure it will be so. Cuz'od things happen to good people...... It's just the way it goes. Your're time is here, girl. All the work and worry and preparation are through.  It's gonna happen and it's all going to be wonderful!!!!!!!!
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: jentay1367 on June 09, 2017, 10:28:05 PM
I have nothing to share other than I am watching and sending postive energy and prayers to you. These are heady important times for you. A true paradigm shift is coming. I'm watching in awe and hope for my day soon. If there's anything I can do to help, Hon....let me know. PM if you want to or need to. Our spirits are your guardian angels and we're all watching you and hoping you have the smoothest time with the most wonderful outcome. I'm sure it will be so. Cuz'od things happen to good people...... It's just the way it goes. Your're time is here, girl. All the work and worry and preparation are through.  It's gonna happen and it's all going to be wonderful!!!!!!!!

Thank you ladies you are awesome! (yes that includes you Laurie, dog gone it!)

I think you are right about the paradigm changing, just knowing it will happen has made me feel happier, more feminine. It feels a bit like standing on the beach and the water is going out way further than it ever does. I expect that big wave will be along at some point here. But that is okay. It is an adventure. That is the only way to look at it. What sense does it make to dread  something I have wanted forever. It occurs to me Randy, maybe I am not strong but too dumb to be scared. lol

Yes back on track, you are right! I have a question for the collective trans brain trust out there. That is a horrible name, how about the Trans Borg? That should also please any Trekies out there. (Trekers?)  Okay Trans Borg, after one is out of the hospital and into a recovery place, are compression stocking used to minimize blood clot risk? If so, do I need to arrange to buy them myself ahead of time? Is it something the hospital takes care of. Are there sizes to be aware of? I know in hospital they have the pressure cuffs on, but what about after? Thanks in advance, Trans Borg.
Monica

]
  •  

Gail20

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 09, 2017, 09:10:14 PM

Gail
Hi, is that with Bluebond Langner? I hope this is helpful to someone. Good luck, Girl.
Moni

Thanks! Yes it is. If she's just half as good as her bedside manner I'll be in great shape. And good luck to you too. I enjoy your posts!  :)
"friends speak for you when you can't speak for yourself" :)
  •  

SadieBlake

Moni, I don't think there's a need for the pressure cuffs after the first 3 days unless you know you're at particular risk of throwing blood clots. Certainly they're going to be expensive to buy or rent. When I didn't want to be walking i just made sure to keep flexing my leg muscles which is all that's needed to help keep flow going.

My post op support is all falling on my GF and she's been amazing. I think it's hit her hard how much I've been affected and she really rose to that challenge. I do wish I had some family i could count on for help bit the only family that are supportive are a long ways off. Also good if your partner can be there for the whole time. She may not be able to help much practically during the hospital stay but I can sure say getting there and doing those first 3 days solo was a bit lonely.

And so glad your head is in a good and positive place, I know for my part from the time I decided for sure I was proceeding in January right up to the day of I didn't have any serious doubts. The only moment of difficulty was as they were putting me under, the real point of no return and that was the moment my surgeon was there holding my hand which turned a lonely moment of fear into a moment of support and acceptance.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Dena

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 10, 2017, 09:54:23 AM
Yes back on track, you are right! I have a question for the collective trans brain trust out there. That is a horrible name, how about the Trans Borg? That should also please any Trekies out there. (Trekers?)  Okay Trans Borg, after one is out of the hospital and into a recovery place, are compression stocking used to minimize blood clot risk? If so, do I need to arrange to buy them myself ahead of time? Is it something the hospital takes care of. Are there sizes to be aware of? I know in hospital they have the pressure cuffs on, but what about after? Thanks in advance, Trans Borg.
Monica
Clots are not an issue as long as you are moving around and are of a reasonable weight. They will have you back on your feet two days after surgery and they will take off all the clot care items at that point. You should be doing regular laps around the hospital to prevent clots and to build up your strength. After you are out of the hospital, continue to follow your doctors recommendation on movement. Both to little and to much movement early on can be harmful.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •