Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

GCS with McGinn (After so many years waiting)

Started by HappyMoni, June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

My last visit to the hospital, they had the cuffs on and that was just over night. With my age I am concerned. My doctor joked to walk out of the operating room if I can. I will follow directions of my surgeon but I will want to be up ASAP. I wouldn't buy the cuffs but I thought they might want the compression for the legs. I like the idea of the flexing Sadie. I hope to use my head and not go over board on anything. Except dilation that is, if you are listening Doctor McGinn. LOL
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Michelle_P

My understanding is that the pressure cuffs are there for increased risk of clotting immediately post-surgery as the body responds to the surgery 'tissue damage' and the medications that may have been pumped into you.

Once you are up and moving around to the point where your doctors are happy, and some of the surgery meds have been flushed out, the cuffs won't be needed.

After surgery for a bladder outlet obstruction I switched to just compression hose (Fytto, Futuro, or the more expensive Jobst) pretty much 24/7 during recovery to improve lower leg circulation.  I still wear these constantly except when sleeping to avoid problems with very early signs of vascular insufficiency in my legs.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Rachel

Hi Monica, congratulations. You are in good hands.

The pressure cuffs are on for two days and they get you up and standing on Wednesday and walking on Thursday.

My WBC was high for my labs for GCS 1200 I believe and still was allowed surgery. I was 800 on my WBC post op 6 weeks.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Moni (as in good friend),

Great news with finally getting past all of the testing and now just waiting for your dreams to be fulfilled! Please journal your experiences fully, I need your stories to help me through the next 151 days (but who is counting) until my surgery.

Best of luck and our prayers are with you girl.

Anne
  •  

Laurie

Yeah yeah yeah

I'm going to hunt you down...

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Hey Moni

How exciting...your time draws near

I think you will be just fine...getting moving is the best thing for healing...you are in capable hands with plenty of experienced people around to help

Hugs
Liz

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

V

Hey Moni, I found your thread!
Wishing you well and sending positive thoughts.
I am sure you'll be fine, and I concur about being too daft to worry, rather than very brave  ;)
Take care hon x
  •  

Johanna M

Hi Moni. So happy for you. Pray and hope that everything runs smoothly.
Hugs
Johanna

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on June 12, 2017, 02:08:48 AM
Hey Moni

How exciting...your time draws near

I think you will be just fine...getting moving is the best thing for healing...you are in capable hands with plenty of experienced people around to help

Hugs
Liz

I'll get her moving Liz. Hunting season opens in just over 2 weeks and she''ll be scurrying around trying to hide.

Laurie

•  

HappyMoni

Thank youall for posting with wonderful thoughts, making me feel so good. V you do know me, I am more than a little daft. I am finishing up my job in the next two days and then my attention turns to getting ready for the adventure. I wasn't expecting to have to need a bullet  proof vest with the female Elmer Fudd showing up at my bed looking  for 'varmints.' 
I will try to keep on point here, even if just a little. I have a question for the 'Trans Borg" who might be familiar with Dr. McGinn (Rachel, maybe?)  I am not sure if I need to jump on ordering dilators now, or does she have at least the first dilator or two? I also would like to know where to order what type she wants.
I received a statement from insurance today stating that my surgeon would be considered in network. I had previously been okayed for out of network. I want to thank Terri (Maybebabby) for making me aware of applying for the exemption due to no surgeons doing GCS in my area. It will definitely  help financially.
I am ready to get on with things of course, but I am calm, excited, and willing. As I moved around quite a bit this weekend, it hit me that it will soon take a long time to get back to such things, like walking, moving, stuff like that. I got no complaints though.
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Maybebaby56

Hi Sweetie,

IIRC, Dr. McGinn said they supply the first two, and you get the other two from soul source. Just call the office tomorrow and ask.

~Terri (Maybebaby)

P.S. If you're nice to me - and spell it correctly - I'll even tell you how I came up with my screen name.  Hint: Buddy Holly.
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Maybebaby56 on June 12, 2017, 05:16:27 PM
Hi Sweetie,

IIRC, Dr. McGinn said they supply the first two, and you get the other two from soul source. Just call the office tomorrow and ask.

~Terri (Maybebaby)

P.S. If you're nice to me - and spell it correctly - I'll even tell you how I came up with my screen name.  Hint: Buddy Holly.
Terri,
I'm always nice to you Hon. Got to say Maybebaby is better than "Moms Mabley Baby." Remember her?  Do tell! Your name origin?

Do you have an address, have you sent for yours yet?

Moni

]
  •  

Laurie

Well you are the one that, makes me glad

It didn't come out until 1957 So I'm guessing 56 means something else.

•  

Gail20

February 3, 1959 . . .  the day the music died . . . .
"friends speak for you when you can't speak for yourself" :)
  •  

Maybebaby56

Laurie guessed it, lol.

Well before I decided to transition, I used to cross dress.  One evening I had done a particularly good job, and I was entranced by what (who?) I saw in the mirror.

I wanted so much to be that girl in the mirror. The song  "Maybe Baby" came into my head. It sort of fit, in a way.

Maybe baby, I'll have you
Maybe baby, you'll be true
Maybe baby, I'll have you for me (all for me)

It's funny honey, you don't care
You never listen, to my prayer
Maybe baby, you will love me some day (someday)

Well, you are the one that makes me glad
And you are the one that makes me sad
When some day, you'll want me
Well, I'll be there, wait and see

A few months later, I was growing convinced I was transgender, and I decided to at least attempt to transition.  That was around January 2014, and I was 56 years old.

Maybebaby56 was born.

~Terri
  •  

Maybebaby56

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 12, 2017, 08:20:25 PM
Terri,
I'm always nice to you Hon. Got to say Maybebaby is better "Moms Mabley Baby." Remember her?  Do tell! Your name origin?

Do you have an address, have you sent for yours yet?

Moni

Yes you are, sweetie. You are so cute! I love you to pieces.

See: https://soul-source-sd.myshopify.com/collections/grs-vaginal-dilators.

I have not ordered the dilators because my SRS date is still lightyears away, or at least it feels like it.

With kindness,

Terri
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Maybebaby56 on June 13, 2017, 04:48:09 PM
Laurie guessed it, lol.

Well before I decided to transition, I used to cross dress.  One evening I had done a particularly good job, and I was entranced by what (who?) I saw in the mirror.

I wanted so much to be that girl in the mirror. The song  "Maybe Baby" came into my head. It sort of fit, in a way.

Maybe baby, I'll have you
Maybe baby, you'll be true
Maybe baby, I'll have you for me (all for me)

It's funny honey, you don't care
You never listen, to my prayer
Maybe baby, you will love me some day (someday)

Well, you are the one that makes me glad
And you are the one that makes me sad
When some day, you'll want me
Well, I'll be there, wait and see

A few months later, I was growing convinced I was transgender, and I decided to at least attempt to transition.  That was around January 2014, and I was 56 years old.

Maybebaby56 was born.

~Terri
I'll never hear that song again without thinking of you with a smile on my face.

Thanks for the dilator address. I'll text them and ask if I need to order them now. I know I am weird but I don't like calling Papillon. I have this fear they will say something like, "So while I have you on the phone, we have all contracted malaria and your surgery is canceled." Isn't it silly how scared I am of getting there and not scared of the surgery? You should handle all the before stuff and I'll handle the surgery part. Well...maybe not.
Moni

]
  •  

Rachel

Papillion provides the #1 and #2 dilators. When you purchase the #3 and #4 from Soul Source make sure you get the curved front and not straight.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

HappyMoni

Thanks Rachel.

Today was my last day of working at my job until fall. As I went around the halls, everyone seemed very happy, excited. Then I saw a coworker who had obviously been crying. I soon found out that she had lost her son to a very unpleasant incident this week. She had to make the final medical decision. Oh my gosh, it really put things into perspective. Even going through such a nightmare, she came to say goodbye to the kids at the school where we work. It brought home to me how fortunate I am. I am thankful, very thankful.

I discussed my placement for next year at the school with my boss today. I said that when I returned, I will have to do 'maintenance' during my lunch period. I talked about going to my car to do this. To my surprise, she said something about them having a responsibility to make accommodations for the medical needs of staff members. She gave examples of breast feeding and insulin shots. She then took me to a room that I didn't know existed. It had a bathroom in the room and it had  a place for a cot. I was amazed as it would be perfect for dilating. She said I would have the only key. I wish every state had rules to protect those who have a situation that needs a small modification like this.
Moni

]
  •  

jentay1367

Sometimes, we get the luck we make. You're so sweet, nice and helpful that I suspect those that know you would be anxious to assist you and help where they can.  You generally get back what you give. Bet you're excited.  I'm sure excited for you.
  •