Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

GCS with McGinn (After so many years waiting)

Started by HappyMoni, June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

Pre surgical nerves are normal. I would be worried about you if you didn't have them. The good thing is if you did your homework correctly, they will be gone when you wake up. I have heard of cases where they were so bad that the person refused surgery and rescheduled at a latter date. Fortunately that doesn't happen often. Just keep yourself busy and try not to think about it much.

After GCS, you write your own letters. If you need a new endo, no letter required. If you desire any other type of surgery, again, no letter required. I needed nothing other than my request to get voice surgery and to return to HRT at a new location.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Dena on June 18, 2017, 10:30:24 PM
Pre surgical nerves are normal. I would be worried about you if you didn't have them. The good thing is if you did your homework correctly, they will be gone when you wake up. I have heard of cases where they were so bad that the person refused surgery and rescheduled at a latter date. Fortunately that doesn't happen often. Just keep yourself busy and try not to think about it much.

After GCS, you write your own letters. If you need a new endo, no letter required. If you desire any other type of surgery, again, no letter required. I needed nothing other than my request to get voice surgery and to return to HRT at a new location.
Thanks Dena, nice to know I will finally be dropping the need for other people giving me the okay. It's okay for a while but it gets old.
The nerves have finally hit. Well not mine, but my SO's. She was very upset this morning. I know I will be going through this physically, but it is really really hard to watch a loved one in pain and discomfort. I know she was flashing back to last year's midnight run to the ER. It was very traumatic for her watching me yell from the pain and watching them have to hold pressure on my face to stop the blood. I know that is still on her mind. I don't really relate that to this year. I guess I figure the thought of not having the surgery was so much worse than what I will have to deal with with surgery. My part is done, it is now in the surgeon's hands until recovery.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

SadieBlake

Ah Moni, I can relate. My partner was somewhat in denial about the whole thing until I was there. With a plan for her to follow and be there to pick me up when I was discharged from the recovery facility, she was suddenly quite distraught as we shared status on the phone and then moreso when she realized recovery was going to be a larger task than she'd imagined.

Happily amidst that shes also been a rock. We'll all be wishing you a trouble free recovery and smooth happy sailing for both of you. I think it's a given that people going for GCS have to factor all the downsides and our loved ones are necessarily a step removed.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

jentay1367

I try to keep mine in the loop and let her know it's coming soon. She surprisingly tolerated my FFS very well and has been the awesome life partner she always was. I truly did Marry ^^^^UP^^^^!! I suspect since yours is still here as well...so did you. You're almost home, sweetie. After this, it's all gravy and you get to do you. The way it should have always been. :)
  •  

Rachel

I did not need a letter for my BA.

The whole surgery and recovery thing gets a little old. When you have an issue after a surgery you definitely treat the next one with caution.

I had a little conversation with myself just before going to the hospital for GCS. I asked myself if I was sure. I answered I am transsexual, I have genital dysphoria ( I had no idea how bad until I awoke from GCS and my genital dysphoria was gone) and there is no way I am every going back. So, yes I am sure. It was really that simple, for me. I am who I am and I accept who I am. GCS relieved my genital dysphoria and it did some other things too. The benefits are still unwinding, mostly mental. I feel so much better about myself and I do not mean just genital related. It is a sense of well being.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

SadieBlake

My genital dysphoria went away when I was able to wear pretty panties (but see also my good/bad/ugly post).
  •  

Marcieelizabeth

Moni -

Cannot wait to hear the good news after your GCS sending love your way good friend!

Love and hugs, Marcie
:-*

First memory of cross-dressing - age 8 - 1967
Marcie Since 6-17-17   :D
Out to wife 6-27-17  :D :D
Started HRT 10-13-17  :D :D :D
First time completely me at therapy on 10-31-17 <3
Started Finestrade on 11-1-17 <3
Estradiol and Spiro to therapeutic levels on 12-4-17
Went out totally as Marcie with friends sans beard 3-24-18
Estradiol increased second time 3-27-18
Out to both sisters 2-3-19

...it makes me smile to know its me, fearful about losing the good things in my life, anxious about every single step, doubting my resolve, determined to stop living a lie,  VERY hopeful for the future as myself, Marcie, and I am thankful to have this safe place
  •  

HappyMoni

Thank you ladies, it truly is an amazing time for me. I think I am trying to keep a level head going into this. The benefits come after coping with some hard stuff, bowel prep, no eating, the pain of surgery. I guess I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. I could get real excited about all the things I have dreamed of. I am going to try to enjoy as much of this adventure as I can. Basically if I wake up and they said things went well, I will be happy. I am so lucky to have this chance. Love you all for your support. It makes me feel all warm and gooey inside. Really.
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 19, 2017, 08:41:55 PM
Thank you ladies, it truly is an amazing time for me. I think I am trying to keep a level head going into this. The benefits come after coping with some hard stuff, bowel prep, no eating, the pain of surgery. I guess I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. I could get real excited about all the things I have dreamed of. I am going to try to enjoy as much of this adventure as I can. Basically if I wake up and they said things went well, I will be happy. I am so lucky to have this chance. Love you all for your support. It makes me feel all warm and gooey inside. Really.
Moni

And just think, after you wake up and have a couple days to get over your wonderful new equipment you can worry about my imminent arrival again. bwaaaaah. Yup I'll be there you can count on it.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

HappyMoni

I have a message for a friend. This world needs dreamers.

Much Love

]
  •  

Marcieelizabeth

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 20, 2017, 10:45:52 AM
I have a message for a friend. This world needs dreamers.

Much Love

Ah to Dream, if they were  all reality!

"Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart."
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
:-*

First memory of cross-dressing - age 8 - 1967
Marcie Since 6-17-17   :D
Out to wife 6-27-17  :D :D
Started HRT 10-13-17  :D :D :D
First time completely me at therapy on 10-31-17 <3
Started Finestrade on 11-1-17 <3
Estradiol and Spiro to therapeutic levels on 12-4-17
Went out totally as Marcie with friends sans beard 3-24-18
Estradiol increased second time 3-27-18
Out to both sisters 2-3-19

...it makes me smile to know its me, fearful about losing the good things in my life, anxious about every single step, doubting my resolve, determined to stop living a lie,  VERY hopeful for the future as myself, Marcie, and I am thankful to have this safe place
  •  

HappyMoni

Hi all, is there anybody out there? Hello. Of sorry, I thought my mike wasn't working. Well, gosh I haven't had too much to say, and, for me, that in itself is a bit of a miracle. I have 3 days left to eat. Then there is something about some sort of surgery after that, I  don't know. I am not a 'live to eat' type of person, but I really hate the thought of liquid diet for two days. Thank goodness I get to look forward to the bowel prep after that. Most of us older folks know how sweet that magnesium citrate tastes. Yummy! Oh you young folks are gonna love that colonoscopy too. But that is another story.
   Let's see nerves! I am nervous about voluntarily making myself feel like crap for a while. I think back to last summer's FFS nightmare and hope it is not the same. There is the possibility it could be worse, but why stress on that. I hope to take each day and squeeze all the enjoyment out that  I can. It's ridiculous, me almost sounding like an optimist there, but I have decided to do this GCS only once. No, no save your begging and pleading, the second GCS is off the table. I am so looking forward to me being the girl in the operating room, waiting for the lights to go out, thinking, "God I'm hungry!" Oh yeah, and "When I wake up that thing I have hated all my life will be gone, and I will be left with a toy that, crap, I will probably have to wait til Christmas to play with. At least I can look at it.
   So that is what is what's happening in my warped little mind.
Moni
Oh, I knew there was a reason I started this. On the liquid diet, I can eat, sorry drink, chicken  broth. Can I use Cambell's chicken noodle and strain out the chunks or do I have to do the broth in a can? Thanks, hugs to everyone.

]
  •  

SadieBlake

Oh I'm betting you'll be playing with it before the end of summer.

Two days off solid foods is tough, I'm wishing you an easy time, bowel prep, well that just sucks.

You're gonna have a great time, hugs.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 22, 2017, 08:01:27 AM
   Hi all, is there anybody out there? Hello. Of sorry, I thought my mike wasn't working. Well, gosh I haven't had too much to say, and, for me, that in itself is a bit of a miracle. I have 3 days left to eat. Then there is something about some sort of surgery after that, I  don't know. I am not a 'live to eat' type of person, but I really hate the thought of liquid diet for two days. Thank goodness I get to look forward to the bowel prep after that. Most of us older folks know how sweet that magnesium citrate tastes. Yummy! Oh you young folks are gonna love that colonoscopy too. But that is another story.
   Let's see nerves! I am nervous about voluntarily making myself feel like crap for a while. I think back to last summer's FFS nightmare and hope it is not the same. There is the possibility it could be worse, but why stress on that. I hope to take each day and squeeze all the enjoyment out that  I can. It's ridiculous, me almost sounding like an optimist there, but I have decided to do this GCS only once. No, no save your begging and pleading, the second GCS is off the table. I am so looking forward to me being the girl in the operating room, waiting for the lights to go out, thinking, "God I'm hungry!" Oh yeah, and "When I wake up that thing I have hated all my life will be gone, and I will be left with a toy that, crap, I will probably have to wait til Christmas to play with. At least I can look at it.
   So that is what is what's happening in my warped little mind.
Moni
Oh, I knew there was a reason I started this. On the liquid diet, I can eat, sorry drink, chicken  broth. Can I use Cambell's chicken noodle and strain out the chunks or do I have to do the broth in a can? Thanks, hugs to everyone.

My dearest Lonnie, or was it Connie? No it rhymed with Tony I think... A song title or something..

Now I know that wasn't right...*sigh*  I know, I know, I should give up on trying to get your name right. I mean it's not really that important is it?

Well well well do I detect some sign of human worry starting to manifest itself in your post? Finally a little bit of acknowledgement that this pending surgery is a very big deal? Like "life changing" even? It is !! I cannot wait to see you after you are finally in the body that matches who you are in your head. I might even call you "Moni" then. No promises though so don't you go starting rumors or get your hopes up. I mean I can only do so much to appear as though I am a nice person, then I break out laughing and go back to being me.

I sure can't give you any advice on preparing for your pending event but I think I understand the prep is going to be a pain in the ass ROLFLMAO  Sorry I couldn't resist it!  Yes, I've had to do the liquid diet and quaff my thirst with a gallon of nasty tasting beverage, but for me it was only a day w/o solid foods and a day of living in the toilet. Not fun for me but I will be chuckling whenever I think of you doing it. Nope, no sympathy, I was born w/o those compassionate feelings and emotions. If I remember right they told me "clear" liquids for my colonoscopy and that would probably eliminate the strained soup. If you drink enough you can get that bloated feel. Yeah I know it's not like that satisfying full feeling of a good meal but its not an empty, "I'm STARVING!" feeling either. LMAO.

It's all going to be worth it Meenie? minie? Mo?  Whateva!

Love ya,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

HappyMoni

Laurie,
   Remind me not to have you visit on my deathbed. Oye!
Mon knee

Love you too, ya crazy!

]
  •  

Rachel

I think you would be ok with strained Campbell's. Definitely get all the broth you can.

I was afraid of damaging it so I did not use it. Then I was given the homework assignment of using it before my next appointment.  I had to learn how to use it which took a bit. When I found out how to use it  became a wonderful addition to after dilation relaxation :)

Good luck.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 22, 2017, 08:01:27 AM

One thing I noticed when I had my FFS last month. Afterwords, I made the effort to live on Ensures. In short order it turned my bowels to liquid. Now that was something I didn't want, but given that this surgery is a bit different than that and any surgery generally causes constipation, it may just be exactly what you'd want to happen. Just a heads up in case it may be information you can use. Good luck, Moni. Don't think you'll need it. But good luck anyways, Girl. Sending all positive energy your way! Lisa
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: Laurie on June 22, 2017, 08:53:48 AM
I might even call you "Moni" then.
Ha! I heard Laurie accidentally say "Moni" in person last weekend. Yes, she is capable of it, despite all that posturing. I suspect she may have even gentled into a semi-empathetic human being by the time she gets there. No promises though.

Moni, best of luck as you embark on your great adventure. Just think of bowel clearing as a stage of "elimination" of that which must "go" for you to reach your destination lol. You'll get all new female flora and fauna for your internals, to go with the rest.

I sincerely it goes better than your most optimistic scenario.
Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Rachel Lynn on June 22, 2017, 03:56:22 PM
I think you would be ok with strained Campbell's. Definitely get all the broth you can.

I was afraid of damaging it so I did not use it. Then I was given the homework assignment of using it before my next appointment.  I had to learn how to use it which took a bit. When I found out how to use it  became a wonderful addition to after dilation relaxation :)

Good luck.
Rachel for a minute there, I thought  the 'it' in the second paragraph related to the Campbell's soup.  "I think I'll dilate and relax with my soup."
Thank you  for that though. I am actually looking forward to figuring everything out with 'it'. If I get too annoying in my silliness, I'm sorry, it is what I do in place of being nervous I think. I went to an outdoor concert tonight and all I could think about was, "Okay,  I have two more days to eat right?"

Lisa, I like chocolate so I'm not sure the ensure would get rid of the brownness factor. lol Oh, I am dumb, you meant after. OMG I am losing it! Thank you for the warm wishes and positive vibes.

Randy, you said semi-empathetic not semi automatic right? I am a little worried, and the fact that she got my name right might just indicate erratic behavior on her part. I will give her a big hug when she gets here and hope for the best.
Now this flora and fauna is what you vegans eat for breakfast, right? I will order eggs, sausage, and french toast when she gets here. She doesn't burn the eggs does she?
Seriously Randy, thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it.

A few days ago I thought I really screwed up. I was cutting the grass and backed up to poison ivy right on my bare back. I was picturing two weeks of hell laying on my back with poison ivy all over it. Luckily, I washed it off and so far only have two spots  on my legs. Can you say, "Panic?"
Moni

]
  •  

LizK

Quote from: HappyMoni on June 22, 2017, 10:30:24 PM
.... to the Campbell's soup.  "I think I'll dilate and relax with my soup."

As long as you don't get them mixed up (soup and dilator) then you  should be pretty right I would guess!  ;) ;)
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •