Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

GCS with McGinn (After so many years waiting)

Started by HappyMoni, June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jentay1367

Such fine news! Congratulations,  Monica.
  •  

Johanna M

Again, so glad for you in so many ways. Hope to have come as long as you in 2-3 years.
Johanna

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Oh My! she's getting back to some semblance of normalcy, as if that word could ever apply to moni moni (up down turn around come on pony) She still the gal we love only different, better. You can see it in her words and attitude.
  It was so good to see you in the hospital but I regret I could not see you now that are feeling more like your desired self.  I am glad you are healing okay and getting the medical attention and support you are. I pray you continue to improve and enjoy the new you everyday from here forward.
  Perhaps I will make another road trip and we can meet again on more comfortable conditions.

Loves ya Moni,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

DawnOday

Moni... You're a rock star. So glad for you. I'm hoping it is everything you expected. Your partner is lucky to have you.  Heal up soon, without complications. Love to hear the progress.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

HappyMoni

You ladies want to see awesome? Just look in the mirror.  Yup that's what I'm saying (finger snap, head shake.) lol

I looked at road trip thread again. Don't know who that person was in the bed. Yuk. Am glad to be back on here. I suspect you will soon be sick of me since, when I get home, there will be 5 dilations instead of 3 I am doing now. So my mouth will be in it's usual position, open. Yackity yack, don't talk back!

I had a question that I never thought of before. I have had a few sexual thoughts the last few days. I am a little terrified to even think any thoughts like that. I feel a stirring down there and I am afraid I am gonna pop and all my girl parts are gonna fly out, watch springs are gonna fly off. I don't want to do anything physical, but if I have dirty, dirty girl thoughts, will I break at 11 days postop. (Never did understand why sexual thoughts were dirty, but I still always rolled in the mud before I had sex.)
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 08, 2017, 01:38:07 PM
You ladies want to see awesome? Just look in the mirror.  Yup that's what I'm saying (finger snap, head shake.) lol

I looked at road trip thread again. Don't know who that person was in the bed. Yuk. Am glad to be back on here. I suspect you will soon be sick of me since, when I get home, there will be 5 dilations instead of 3 I am doing now. So my mouth will be in it's usual position, open. Yackity yack, don't talk back!

I had a question that I never thought of before. I have had a few sexual thoughts the last few days. I am a little terrified to even think any thoughts like that. I feel a stirring down there and I am afraid I am gonna pop and all my girl parts are gonna fly out, watch springs are gonna fly off. I don't want to do anything physical, but if I have dirty, dirty girl thoughts, will I break at 11 days postop. (Never did understand why sexual thoughts were dirty, but I still always rolled in the mud before I had sex
Moni

LOL .....You're so cute! Glad to find out that the "boy partz" weren't where your humor resided. You've been missed.
  •  

LizK

Hey Moni

It made my morning reading the joy in your post about your first experience in front of the mirror...I am so happy for you (if not a little jealous ha ha) and am glad you are starting to feel better.

sending all my best positive energy the rest of your recovery

Hugs

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Rachel

Hi Monica, I am glad you are feeling better.

Masturbation is best answered by Papillion. They know you and hw you can best handle it. At 3 months I was told to try it out at 6 months I was asked why I had not had intercourse.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

SadieBlake

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 08, 2017, 01:38:07 PM
I had a question that I never thought of before. I have had a few sexual thoughts the last few days. I am a little terrified to even think any thoughts like that. I feel a stirring down there and I am afraid I am gonna pop and all my girl parts are gonna fly out, watch springs are gonna fly off. I don't want to do anything physical, but if I have dirty, dirty girl thoughts, will I break at 11 days postop. (Never did understand why sexual thoughts were dirty, but I still always rolled in the mud before I had sex.)
Moni
I think it was day 5 post op that I woke up from a nap and was just about to orgasm. I immediately drew back, terrified of having a contraction around the packing and bolster dressing. The really weird thing was that I never have had in dream orgasms and erotic dreams have always been few and far between.

And I was certainly playing with myself the first week of dilation. You and I are close to lockstep. I was 8 days before I felt well enough to hobble a block for coffee and 9 days before I went out for a meal (Vietnamese on Portrero hill).

Hugs you, glad to hear you'll be around more :-)
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 08, 2017, 11:50:25 AM
Hey Kath,
Been meaning to tell you how much I like your new avatar. Very pretty!
Moni
Aw, aren't you the sweetest?  Thanks, hon.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: jentay1367 on July 08, 2017, 02:04:15 PM

LOL .....You're so cute! Glad to find out that the "boy partz" weren't where your humor resided. You've been missed.
I always saw the boy partz as a joke, and no the funny bone was not in that thing. If you want to see something funny though, I could show you my black and blue and purple butt that I had the pleasure to see for the first time today. It looks like  a Baltimore Ravens rally gone horribly wrong. Now I see why I walk so funny.

I am no where near masturbation thoughts, oh no! (Head in hands, cringing) I am only thinking of not hurting myself with mental imagery. I have gotten kissed by guys twice in the last two weeks though. Well, let me splain that. Before surgery my brother hugged and kissed me, something he never did to his brother. A sign of true acceptance, yea!!!!
The other time was yesterday. We were sitting outside the motel we are staying at, and these two guys came up who had earlier talked to my family. I had been asleep. One guy came up to shake my hand and proceeded to kiss my hand. I was like, wow that was something new. My partner was standing there laughing at me. They then tried to get us to go to the gay bar across the street. So, I really don't know if there is anything to take from that experience. lol  One thing though, someone taking my hand like that gave me just an inkling of what women many times deal with when men manipulate a situation  physically past something the woman has in mind. It was different.
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

SadieBlake

•  

SadieBlake

What up today hon? My news, this week sitting has become more comfortable. The bit that's still visibly healing is my clitoris & hood which remains pretty sore as well. I'm going to check with Wittenberg this week on if it's ok to start working the green dilator yet - I'll be 3 months dilating with blue next week.

Amazing how time flies and yet some things come back oh so slowly. About 5 days post op I developed a huge hematoma in lower abdomen, an area 7-8" across and 3 high that was all black & blue. It's still slightly visibly distended.

Anyhow, hugs again, good luck with your long drive (today? tomorrow?).
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: SadieBlake on July 10, 2017, 08:42:02 AM
What up today hon? My news, this week sitting has become more comfortable. The bit that's still visibly healing is my clitoris & hood which remains pretty sore as well. I'm going to check with Wittenberg this week on if it's ok to start working the green dilator yet - I'll be 3 months dilating with blue next week.

Amazing how time flies and yet some things come back oh so slowly. About 5 days post op I developed a huge hematoma in lower abdomen, an area 7-8" across and 3 high that was all black & blue. It's still slightly visibly distended.

Anyhow, hugs again, good luck with your long drive (today? tomorrow?).
Hi Sadie! I am finally back home, said good bye to Paul and Suki, and am having a quiet day trying to get caught up with writing folks. I am two  weeks post op today. I must have overdid things with the ride home and going out to eat. The donut was not much help and I got nauseous waiting for food and was pretty uncomfortable. I went and layed  out in the car so I didn't pass out. The energy level is still way down but spirits are high. Am now dilating at 5 times a day for half hour each. Doc says I have 5 inch depth. She said it looked good inside with just a little black skin near the opening. I should go up to blue next week. Half and half she said. Hope this isn't TMI but she had me shower and use a finger with soap to clean it out a bit. Still supposed to wear compression underwear. The pad rubbing the legs has caused some sore spots on my legs. I am to walk some tonight. Just a bit. I figured I would push the wheelchair I have until tired then drift home. lol
I know of one nervous person reading this, knowing they are next. I would like to say that some times were tough. I didn't like the 2 day no eating pre op. I didn't like the nausea caused by the pain pills. (I only threw up once, and once I got away from pain and nausea pills, I felt much better. I am taking no pain meds now) I am still not liking sleeping on my back. The thing is, all this stuff was doable if a little uncomfortable. I met some great cis and trans people in the recovery house. I had Bill and Rob serving me breakfast in bed every day. It is an experience I will cherish the rest of my life. I started this thread saying how lucky I felt and that feeling hasn't changed. I don't have a full concept yet of what I have gained, but I have a deep appreciation for no longer having that pesky dog in the pants. (Two seconds of silence for Clyde.) I do already feel different in public. I don't feel like I am hiding anything any more. It is so different.
I gotta go for now. Love to all!
Moni

]
  •  

davina61

Well done , glad your getting back to fighting strength and keeping everyone on there toes. Lets hope the bruising goes down quickly and may your donut stay inflated!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

SadieBlake

Great news! Different docs have such different protocols post op, the brownstein Crane docs use 3x daily for only 10 minutes, as I mostly enjoy dilation I just go longer.

I'm really sorry I didn't get this tip to you pre-op, I know Rachel relayed it to you late in the game. Nausea has been a huge problem for me, both coming out of anesthesia and from any codeine type painkiller. I told my surgeon ahead of time and she prescribed this:

Ondansetron trade name Zofran, it's an anti nausea drug that used to be only used for chemotherapy and recently went generic. Compared to my 2 prior surgeries involving general anesthesia, that element was a cakewalk, so tip for others there.

I can totes relate to overdoing it, we're caught between knowing that being active will help recovery but clearly not enough rest is just as bad. My latest overdoing? (Hope this isn't a TMI), I wore a thong all day today :-). Dinner with friends and feeling kinda nauseous? That was me on Cinco de Mayo. Long drives? Definitely not fun for a while yet.

Hugs, so glad you're back home!
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: davina61 on July 11, 2017, 03:58:51 PM
Well done , glad your getting back to fighting strength and keeping everyone on there toes. Lets hope the bruising goes down quickly and may your donut stay inflated!!!

Davina, that sounds like an awesome British saying, "May your donut always stay inflated, Gov'ner!" lol

Sadie,
Can't imagine a thong. No no no. I am wondering about one thing. On one side, my incision is open about an inch. Don't remember it being that big at her office. She indicated it would close up on its own but it worries me a bit. Any thoughts?
I think I ended up with Zofran at one point.
Moni

]
  •  

SadieBlake

Yep I had an inch long separation of the stitches on my lest side incision, it took time to heal but ultimately no longer than everything else. It's still not quite closed but has improved a ton in the last week, nearly there.

I got a ton of photos, every step of healing, just lmk if you want them.

Bestest hon

S
  •  

HappyMoni

Thanks Sadie,
   Don't like to bother doctors office with dumb stuff.
Moni

]
  •  

Gail20

Thanks to both of you for this dialogue.  Its now filed under "2 weeks" in my Post Op file so I can look and compare notes when I'm laying there 5 weeks overthinking just about everything except the upcoming full Eclipse in the Midwest I'll be missing . . .  ;)
"friends speak for you when you can't speak for yourself" :)
  •