Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

GCS with McGinn (After so many years waiting)

Started by HappyMoni, June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaLoo

Hi Moni,

Congratulations on this life-changing milestone. It might be a slightly rough go for a few months, but you'll get through it like everyone else. The changes you'll see from the week one to week 12 will blow you away. Be patient and don't underestimate them.
Seriously, I'm just winging it like everyone else. Sometimes it works, other times -- not so much. HRT 2003 - FFS|Orch 2005 - GCS 2017 - No Regrets EVER!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 16, 2017, 03:28:40 PM
Mom, Laurie's picking on me!

Thanks Terri, you are nice! (Tongue sticking out toward west coast)

Moni

Hey now, I said the picture looked nice, didn't I?

Sheesh there's no pleasing That WOMAN.  ::)
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

KathyLauren

Moni, you look good in that pic!  Glad to hear that your recovery is going well.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

SadieBlake

Moni,I know not this stitch you speak of, a mcginn thing, clearly.

By scars, you mean the ones to either side of the mons and labia? I suspect mine will be visible a long time. However there are scar remedies that are really good these days.

Hugs and hugs and hugs! Love the new photo! I'm about 10 minutes from home, tired sore and hungry, the latter is about to be addressed with a bowl of chili :-) a beer (my 5th in 3 months) will help with the soreness. Gonna try to stay awake for game of thrones ... That may not happen.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

coldHeart

Moni
I just love your new avatar, speedy recovery.
Sara
  •  

Kendra

Moni, WOW!  Your new avatar photo is amazing. 

And not a trace of Clyde.  Have you named Clyde's little sister yet?  I vote for Bonnie. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Rachel

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Kendra

...and Bonnie (the replacement for Clyde) rhymes with the correct pronunciation for Moni.  Nobody other than Laurie would attempt to pronounce Bonnie the wrong way. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

HappyMoni

Thanks Kendra, I will think about it. Thanks for the comments on the picture everyone, my casual slutty look must fit me. Sorry but not much energy today. Spent most of the day in bed not feeling well. Two days in a row, I could use an up day right about now. Maybe its the hormones I seem to cry about the dumbest things.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 17, 2017, 04:24:11 PM
Thanks Kendra, I will think about it. Thanks for the comments on the picture everyone, my casual slutty look must fit me. Sorry but not much energy today. Spent most of the day in bed not feeling well. Two days in a row, I could use an up day right about now. Maybe its the hormones I seem to cry about the dumbest things.
Moni

You best start feeling better. You hear me?
  You don't want to make me have to come out there....

PS Crying over dumb things is ok.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

SadieBlake

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 17, 2017, 04:24:11 PM
Moni

Aww, I can relate to the return of hormones post op resulting in fragile emotions. Also Wittenberg had warned me to expect a month of post op depression and she was spot on, it wasn't easy and happily it's not forgotten but definitely passed. I used this to simply remember that feeling low was a predictable and temporary response to recovery.

And permit me to go a bit academic, I happened on some recent research the other day, it seems there's a very tight connection between the immune system and depression. This sure squares with my post op experience.

Hugs, sending you wishes for an up day.
  •  

Maybebaby56

Quote from: SadieBlake on July 17, 2017, 06:34:00 PM
Terri, this is emphatically not what I've said. The immune system is obviously going ape>-bleeped-< after a major surgery, any effect of hormones would be relatively infinitesimal.

I think I was also quite clear in prior posts that I really wouldn't have noticed the presence or absence of estrogen in the first week post op.

Okay, sorry.  I thought you said "there's a very tight connection between the immune system and depression", and Monica was talking about post-op depression. I found it relevant, but apparently I was mistaken. I'll delete my post.

Yes, your previous posts were quite clear, thank you.

~Terri
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard
  •  

HappyMoni

For the record, I think I am not depressed. I have to pee a lot. It is no longer a neat proposition. I am cleaning up the surgery site a lot. It  gets sore. I have sores on legs from pads  rubbing. A shower and 2 1/2 hours a day dilating, not sleeping because I wake up every couple of hours, hormones going crazy and hot flashes constantly having me steaming or freezing. Given that, I am exhausted I wouldd  guess, not depressed. I push myself to get a little exercise but it starts swelling, rubbing on my sores. After two harder days, I could use a good day with a bit  more energy. I am still happy I had surgery, would not change a thing, and consider myself extremely lucky. In the back of my mind someone might read this thread and might be wondering how  it feels 3 weeks post op. I owe the thread the descriptionn of what it might feel like. I know it looks like I  might  be complaining, but I can't help that. Oh, on top of everything else, you start seeing changes. Some are easy. Bruising disappearing, good news. Other things, color changes for example play on your mind. Is this or thaat a start of an issue to watch out for, that might be a setback. I personnally think back to how bad my FFS turned, and there is some fear that I try to keep leashed. In everything I try to contribute to this site, I ask for others to be positive, take positive steps. I will not give in to negativity. Where are you Laurie, my therapy is giving you a hard time, ya stinker. Well dilation number 4 is done, one more to go. Now, smile, damn it!
PoopedMoni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

SadieBlake

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 17, 2017, 08:29:59 PM
For the record, I think I am not depressed. I have to pee a lot. It is no longer a neat proposition.
PoopedMoni

Oh yeah I didn't mean to suggest you are, the mechanism is about mood and if it runs long enough it can become or feed into depression.

So for me, I have a history really prone to depression and along the way I've had to learn to distinguish simply being sad sometimes due to >-bleeped-< that happens in life and actual depression. -- and I very much needed to utilize that knowledge during recovery to keep faith and keep.my spirits up -- not feed my depressive tendencies.

And there have been ups and downs, better and harder days for 3 months.

Again, hugs, best wishes.
  •  

Jacqueline

Moni,

I am sorry to tell you but you are human ;). I think anyone in that situation would be where you are or worse emotionally. I am thrilled to see you keeping your chin up after all that and a lack of sleep.

It will improve and you will rock this.

Warmly,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

SadieBlake

Quote from: Jacqueline on July 18, 2017, 09:07:51 AM
Moni,

I am sorry to tell you but you are human ;).

I'm not so sure about this proposition. I'm working on the proof that either Moni or Laurie cannot exist in the same universe as mere humans. Platonic archetype, cyborg, agent Smith, agent Elrond?

Oh and FTR, platonic doesn't describe my feelings for either of them.
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: SadieBlake on July 18, 2017, 10:19:23 AM
I'm not so sure about this proposition. I'm working on the proof that either Moni or Laurie cannot exist in the same universe as mere humans. Platonic archetype, cyborg, agent Smith, agent Elrond?

Oh and FTR, platonic doesn't describe my feelings for either of them.
You left out weirdos. Not feelin the 'sex goddess' thing lately. And human, that's a stretch.

ConfusedMoni

Jacqui, you didn't change your name to be more like Jeanette, I mean Laurie, did u?

]
  •  

Jacqueline

Absolutely!

I think it is for similar reasons.

Warmly,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

HappyMoni

Today brought more energy. I also heard from the doctor. She wants to see me sooner than scheduled. It is related to the removal of the black skin at the entrance. She will discuss the white areas then. I just gotta figure a way to get there. My partner will be away. Laurie, I need a ride. Not up for driving 7 hours yet.
   Tomorrow I will push it. I am having seven people from work over. Will get pizza to make easy. I figure it will help keep mood up. It will probably tire me out with the heat here. Won't last too long but would like to sit outside a while.
   One more thing of my personal preferences. I am dealing with whatever the surgery will throw my way. I will earn this vagina with my efforts and the luck life has thrown my way. It is my vagina. I will not call her a neo vagina. No no no!
Moni

]
  •  

Gail20

As you say, you'll take whatever this surgery throws your way!!! :-)  I guess I understand now why they want me to stay within an hour and a half drive for 3 weeks. . . .
"friends speak for you when you can't speak for yourself" :)
  •