Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

GCS with McGinn (After so many years waiting)

Started by HappyMoni, June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel

Hi Monica,

I was going to suggest that you do things to look forward to. A pizza party is a great idea.

I know this is something you do not want to hear but make sure you get some leafy greens twice a day. Just a little can help a lot. D3 is important to get daily.

I am sending good thoughts your way.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Kendra

I think Rachel has great advice to do something fun like a pizza party, and I also wish good thoughts for you.

Laurie may have consumed some leafy greens while traveling through Colorado.  We think that's why she accidentally locked her keys in her truck.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

HappyMoni

Oh yea, the salad will be here soon. Anyone have Friendlies Ice Cream restaurants near them? I like the crispy chicken salad and the ice cream is to have GCS for. Woowho! Kendra, you don't think I am in trouble with Rachel for mentioning the ice cream, do you?

I have thought of your suggestions for distraction, and I came up with a absolute inspiration. I am gonna get in my truck (yes I have one) and I am gonna travel to visit as many friends from Susan's as I can. I might even end up in the great northwest. No one could possibly have done something like that before. Just me and my little donut cushion.

Okay, 10 years GCS update here. Well, maybe not that long. A little over three weeks? Is that all? I have been swelling more in the abdomen, around the vagina and into the buttock area. I had people over yesterday and it got much worse with more activity. I am told to exercise some gradually, but it seems my body can't take it yet. Being older makes healing slow down. I am back to icing and compression on the area. Wish they made a crotch ace bandage. Dilation is good with both sizes. The thing that wipes me out is showering. I am exhausted afterward. Love to all, Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

SadieBlake

Moni, you're still on track, I still had lots of swelling at 4 weeks and showers completely wiped me out.

Today I carried around a huge setup for a couple of hours, splitting sections off one at a time to make a dozen matching design pieces in future blow slots.

There's a Friendly's just about 2 miles from me, lmk when you wanna meet there!

<3

S
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 20, 2017, 06:51:13 PM
Oh yea, the salad will be here soon. Anyone have Friendlies Ice Cream restaurants near them? I like the crispy chicken salad and the ice cream is to have GCS for. Woowho! Kendra, you don't think I am in trouble with Rachel for mentioning the ice cream, do you?

I have thought of your suggestions for distraction, and I came up with a absolute inspiration. I am gonna get in my truck (yes I have one) and I am gonna travel to visit as many friends from Susan's as I can. I might even end up in the great northwest. No one could possibly have done something like that before. Just me and my little donut cushion.

Okay, 10 years GCS update here. Well, maybe not that long. A little over three weeks? Is that all? I have been swelling more in the abdomen, around the vagina and into the buttock area. I had people over yesterday and it got much worse with more activity. I am told to exercise some gradually, but it seems my body can't take it yet. Being older makes healing slow down. I am back to icing and compression on the area. Wish they made a crotch ace bandage. Dilation is good with both sizes. The thing that wipes me out is showering. I am exhausted afterward. Love to all, Moni

Oh yes Minnie be sure to bring that doughnut along it will definitely come in handy during the trip. Or you can do like I did make lots of stops to visit strange people and get their viewpoints on life. It can be very enlightening and fulfilling. You could even say life changing. Besides giving the tail bone a rest.

Beware of those feigning illness in hospital beds they may be carriers of dreadful conditions and out to infect you with them.

Hugs,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jacqueline

Many of our Friendly's have closed down. However, when our kids were growing up, it was a staple. The one place we knew they would eat. Just visited one a few weeks ago with our youngest (she's 15). Still a fun experience. Glad we are away from the child seats.

Think shrinking thoughts.

Have a good night all.

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Laurie on July 20, 2017, 08:39:47 PM
Oh yes Minnie be sure to bring that doughnut along it will definitely come in handy during the trip. Or you can do like I did make lots of stops to visit strange people and get their viewpoints on life. It can be very enlightening and fulfilling. You could even say life changing. Besides giving the tail bone a rest.

Beware of those feigning illness in hospital beds they may be carriers of dreadful conditions and out to infect you with them.

Hugs,
    Laurie
Yes Laurie, you did catch it. I infected you with 'full-time-itus.' There's no cure Sweetie!

Jacqui, do you think we should bring Laurie to Friendly's. Maybe she would get the hint and mellow out that mean streak.

Thank you Sadie, I am definitely concerned at least. I sat on the couch all day with ice on and off and compression and I am still swollen. I caught one of my butt cheeks kissing the other one this morning. I don't even know if that is legal in this state. Help! I have no activity to blame it on, so thanks for saying you had it too.
I gotta ask this. I sat down to pee while still a little dopey this morning. I reached down to direct the non existing 'pee dispenser' and damn near peed on my hand. Am I the only one who is that dumb?
Oh and showers do suck. I have to lay down shortly after, shivering like crazy usually. God, listen to me whine, didn't mean to steal your 'thing' Laurie.
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

SadieBlake

My biggest bruising / swelling was across lower abdomen, right about where uterus would be if I were cic. That was black and blue for about 4 weeks. I should have expected swelling at the bottom of my butt cheeks, it's right at the base of the surgical site but it came as a surprise.

I didn't reach for the former shenis when peeing in the first few weeks because I was so focused on the process and pain that I couldn't miss that things were changed. It was only after all that that the long-standing habit returned. A similar habit is sometimes referring to my old name or myself as "he".

Until about week 6 I was completely ndone in by showers, wrapped myself in towels and a blanket and just rest until I felt better.
  •  

marctravis

We are also experiencing swelling in the abdomen above the vagina. My wife is about 7 weeks post op from mcginn. The swelling has mostly gone down but now there's a painful lump right under the incision on the right side. The doctors office says it's the location of where the testicles were cut. Still it's causing her to not be able to feel comfortable going out and excercising. She goes back to work in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping this resolves before too much longer. Has anyone else had this issue?
  •  

Rachel

I was 54 when I had GCS last November with Dr. McGinn. I went back to work 3 weeks 6 days after GCS. The first two weeks were rough for me but I managed. When I went back to work I was tired and sore but I was able to manage.

I had issues while healing with granulation and scar tissue and some procedures but otherwise I think my recovery was much smoother than what I have read about others. My operation was stopped short due to a blood pressure issue. My stay in the hospital was not good but when I got out I did pretty well.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
  •  

HappyMoni

I guess it would be easier if I hadn't started to feel better, no swelling, not much soreness, then it hit me with getting worse in these areas. Now it seems each day gets a bit worse not better. The no activity, pressure and ice seem to do nothing. I am not yet four weeks but I thought I would be up swinging at this point. i guess each stage of repair brings different issues. No granulation at this point, but suspect it will come later. I don't know how painful this debridement will be next Friday. Spelling?  I hope it cleans it up some, I gotta say I am no candidate for advertising the procedure based on how it looks right now. Overall, I think I need to work on my expectations of how I will be at some particular point in time. I have got to lose that expectation and just deal with what is right now.
Oh anyone else seem to pee more frequently after the procedure?
Moni

]
  •  

SadieBlake

Yep hon, I had a lot of one thing gets a little better, then another will seem worse.

Also I think you have to allow that we're going through this and our reserve of good feelings is being tapped. Allow for that, dig in, know that it will improve. At a month my vagina pretty well looked like hamburger and had an odor I was deeply tired of (the only reason I felt that was OK was because the smell was pretty much the same until it finally cleared up between weeks 6-7)
  •  

marctravis

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 21, 2017, 09:52:08 PM
I guess it would be easier if I hadn't started to feel better, no swelling, not much soreness, then it hit me with getting worse in these areas. Now it seems each day gets a bit worse not better. The no activity, pressure and ice seem to do nothing. I am not yet four weeks but I thought I would be up swinging at this point. i guess each stage of repair brings different issues. No granulation at this point, but suspect it will come later. I don't know how painful this debridement will be next Friday. Spelling?  I hope it cleans it up some, I gotta say I am no candidate for advertising the procedure based on how it looks right now. Overall, I think I need to work on my expectations of how I will be at some particular point in time. I have got to lose that expectation and just deal with what is right now.
Oh anyone else seem to pee more frequently after the procedure?
Moni

Yep, you sound like my wife. She thought she'd be able to go to the gym at this point, and pretty much do what she used to. She's getting pretty frustrated right now with work coming up in two weeks and still not able to walk without some pain, and not for very long. She did have some granulations that the doc took care of at our 6 week visit. It was kind of an unexpected set back b/c she started bleeding again and got more pain from the silver nitrate. It's slowly improving. BTW dr mcginn did tell us that ice wouldn't really be effective for swelling at this point.
  •  

Kendra

Moni I wish I could offer advice but I have zero experience in this area.  I wish I was there to give you a hug.  You have succeeded with so much, you will on this as well.  It's too bad time travel doesn't exist so you could jump forward a few days and weeks.  You will get there.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

HappyMoni

Thanks Sadie and Marc,
   I figured the increase in swelling was recent, so I would try ice to bring it back to the normal swollen level. I think it is very sweet that you have been on here in the interest of your wife, Marc.
   Sadie your advise and interest has been invaluable. Thank you so much.
   I woke up feeling better. I try to think of some piece of advice that might help someone  else looking forward to doing this. I have sores where the pads have rubbed. They are painful and don't seem to get any air to heal. I have decided that putting pads in place in the same way each time is not a good thing. Varying the method can stop the same areas from being rubbed as much. I also try to lay out with nothing on to let the sores get air to heal. It is best to wait til you are home before doing this. The police don't really understand the concept, I'm afraid. YMMV
Moni

]
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Kendra on July 22, 2017, 10:25:16 AM
Moni I wish I could offer advice but I have zero experience in this area.  I wish I was there to give you a hug.  You have succeeded with so much, you will on this as well.  It's too bad time travel doesn't exist so you could jump forward a few days and weeks.  You will get there.
How did you sneak in there Kendra? Thank you for your kindness. To me it is enough that you re keeping "That Woman" busy.  :)
Moni

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 22, 2017, 10:55:37 AM
How did you sneak in there Kendra? Thank you for your kindness. To me it is enough that you re keeping "That Woman" busy.  :)
Moni

Hey now! Don't you go calling me "That Woman"  that is your designation and it shall remain so.  Sorry, I haven't been commenting on this thread Marcy. Marni, whateva,  But I am at a loss for something to say on the current foibles you are having to deal with. I have no reference to them at all and therefore have nothing of import to add. I need must leave the help to those that have been where you now tread.

Loves ya though, don't you go thinking I don't

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Rachel

Hi Monica,

I showed you pics of my operation when you were in the hospital. My site at 4 weeks definitely looked pretty bad.

I slept on a chuck pad (still do because I dilate before going to bed) after GCS in the nude. It felt really weird but now I prefer it. I used Neosporin on my pad rashes, especially before going to bed. I switched to a thin pad and changed more frequently.  I am able to not wear a pad now.

Smell
Definitely for only when you are healed. I installed a shower hose and use that every few days. The stream of water definitely cleans me out. I purchased a douche dildo from Colt that I can us if I think it is needed. I only used it 3 times.  It sprays water like a dildo sprinkler. You can not leave it in there. You need to move it in and out quickly to not trap water under pressure inside. This really gives a cleaning.

I use to have a bad odor and was very self conscious. I had a lot of necrotic tissue that needed to be removed through dry packing. Bacteria and old lube like to cling to my necrotic tissue (the top layer of my graph skin did not survive) I tried using a 1.5 liter bladder douche and it helped and was great to use at the 4 month mark under advise of Chrystal at Papillion. This is really gross. At four month mark the smell got really bad. I was dry packing and was glad to have the packing in there to keep the odor in. I went to Papillion and Chrystal examined me and found a hair in the back of my vagina with some white stuff. It was a stray hair I must have gotten in there when dilating.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
  •  

SadieBlake

Moni, if you aren't already, add collagen making foods, gelatin etc
  •  

SadieBlake

Just to finish what I said above (was working all day)

Sometime around week 5 healing seemed to have slowed to nearly nil. I realized that the inside of my mouth had been sore for a few days and realized that of course, my body is making all the collagen it can and of course the mouth lining is being continually repaired, also requiring collagen. I started making jello and it immediately - well, within a day - cleared up the canker sores in my mouth and the sore labia hurt less also.

Three are also some vitamins & veggies you want to eating for collagen, Google will give details.

The sores you're talking about are from maxipads, yes? I spent some time finding the right size to minimize problems (always green / x-long but narrow and ultrathin.

I was also hardly walking so chafing wasn't too bad. I tried very hard to get the pads changed before they would leak into my underwear and mostly succeeded except when I was working unfortunately this meant changing pads every 2-4 hours. Again, starting with the wrong pad, one intended for overnight when I was out and about was the worst cause of chafing, along with difficulty changing pads often enough when working.

Hugs, hope that helps!
  •