Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

GCS with McGinn (After so many years waiting)

Started by HappyMoni, June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

I hate to ruin the party but I actually have a thought related to the original thread. Now quiet down you chuckle heads.

I mentioned Dr. McGinn's stitch to my abdomen to take pressure off of the areas that need to heal. I reached down after peeing trying to pull up my panties. I heard a pop sound. It was apparently the dissolving stitch giving way. Now, my abdomen looks more normal. At 4 weeks today, my bruising is almost gone. I sat through lunch in a restaurant okay but am now more swollen. I have been peeing differently each time, so I finally looked with a mirror. The white skin which I am assuming is dead skin, was getting in the way. There is no feeling to the white areas and I  suspect the doctor will remove it on Friday, but I am not messing with it. I will be asking about swelling, labia formation, using scar strips on the scars. Also I don't know if she will remove stitches. I believe I saw my clit today. I have evidence that it has good feeling. It seems to feel swollen with sexual thoughts. That upper area is nice and pink. It is amazing, no, almost impossible to imagine what used to be there. There's truly no going back and that makes me happy.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

jentay1367

Congrats, girl. You're done , you won. I'm so happy for you.
  •  

Laurie

I knew some party pooper was going to blow the Oscar Meyer whistle on us eventually. And I would have laid money on it being That Woman. Who does she think she is the owner of the thread or something?

Okay Meanie I'll behave (fingers crossed) Have your ol' thread back. See if I care

:P :P :P

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

It is wonderful to finally reach such a tremendous milestone in transition.

Congratulations. Again. Heck, have a years worth. This event is so worth it.

(Youse hear dat, Mister Limpy?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Kendra

Yay!  So good to hear this.  HappyMoni is indeed happy Moni. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Jacqueline

Brilliant. At the risk of stealing Ashley's phrase, onward and upward. I agree, it is so good to hear.

Must be kind of exciting to have that experience and know how much better it will be.

Get rest and keep healing.

With warmth,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

LizK

Congrats Moni you sound like a very happy lady  ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

SadieBlake

Sounds wonderful Moni, a clitoris is a joy forever (mine is swelling thinking of yours as I write ;-) )

I have a PM for you that's been delayed by being too busy.

Huggles
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

debrferguson

Congrats! It is amazing how quickly it becomes impossible to imagine there being something else down below.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-deb.
  •  

Kendra

Moni, seeing you are now so happy after your recent surgery is chipping away at the only thing I am undecided on. 

I think it was said in some movie.  I'll have what she's having. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Kendra on July 26, 2017, 10:17:40 AM
Moni, seeing you are now so happy after your recent surgery is chipping away at the only thing I am undecided on. 

I think it was said in some movie.  I'll have what she's having.
Is that When Harry met Sally with Meg Ryan? I believe she was in a restaurant moaning in ecstasy and another woman said, "I'll have what she's having." Not sure I can reproduce that at this point.

Thank you ladies, you are wonderful as always. I wish I could share  the feeling with those who are in waiting. Like the title of the thread,  'After so many years waiting.' I know, for way too long, how hard it is to wait. I only hope my joy doesn't cause anyone else heartache.
Feeling better today. Moving better today. By the end of the day, we'll  see.
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 26, 2017, 11:23:02 AM
Is that When Harry met Sally with Meg Ryan? I believe she was in a restaurant moaning in ecstasy and another woman said, "I'll have what she's having." Not sure I can reproduce that at this point.

Thank you ladies, you are wonderful as always. I wish I could share  the feeling with those who are in waiting. Like the title of the thread,  'After so many years waiting.' I know, for way too long, how hard it is to wait. I only hope my joy doesn't cause anyone else heartache.
Feeling better today. Moving better today. By the end of the day, we'll  see.
Moni

To the contrary...seeing you get to the other side successfully and happily gives us hope and bearing. People like you are the poster children for what the rest of can have if we do what needs to be done to get there.
  •  

Kendra

•  

Rachel

I am happy you found your clitoris, yah. Does that mean some swelling is going down?

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

HappyMoni

I really don't know what to think. I would hope it is within the range of how people heal. I do the trip to New Hope tomorrow. I have a number of questions. I hope she removes the nasty stuff. The white stuff  seems to disintegrate slightly but really does hang on. I am getting no exercise because of swelling. Also, I lost probably ten pounds during the procedure. It is all back. This is a serious question, but it seems that either my butt checks are still swollen or, with the change in hormones, at least some of that weight has gone to my behind. It feels soft, not painful, unlike being swollen, but bigger than before. It would  be nice to gain some there.
   Mood wise I think I am okay. It is hard not to be active like usual. I stood for ten minutes doing dishes yesterday and had to go lay down because it ached so bad. I did drive my partner to the airport, but it was about my limit.
   New stuff! I can't touch the good parts yet, but I am enjoying touching the inner thigh area. I just am taking notice of it. I know the central focus is gone (penis) so the area of sensitivity I pay attention to is spreading out more. The change in focus is something I may never have done without the surgery. It is subtle and yet kind of game changing. It is the start of a whole other way of experiencing my body, I think. Does that make sense?
Moni

]
  •  

Jacqueline

Totally makes sense. I started noticing how much more sensitive my skin is in areas after a while on HRT. I can only imagine that step.

Sorry the time to recovery is so frustrating. I can see where with your body pushing to heal itself it is exhausted with little strain elsewhere.

Hang in there. It seems like you are on the right path.

Take care.

Warmly,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

SadieBlake

Moni,

Yeah, not being able to exercise meaningfully pretty well sucked. You're only a month out as I count it, at 5 weeks I spent my first day back at work. I had to lay down at every opportunity to keep my energy up and a 4 hour day left me completely ragged and needing the next day as a full rest day. I want to say emphatically don't sweat the weight, if there's anything you can do to help yourself along now, I think it's getting enough rest and eating as healthy as you can -- lots of protein, good fats and veggies. I dropped about 15 lbs in the 3 weeks post op and then another couple of lbs after returning home and only in the last month have I put some weight back on so presently I'm down about 10 from pre-op.

On erotic sensation, I was exploring the rest of my body pre-op and finding that hormones alone changed things a lot, for me post op sensation was a bare glimmer at a month out with little improvement until I got out to 2.5 months.

Hugs,

S
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

HappyMoni

Wow, I guess I have written about everything else I might as well include this. It's part of the big picture of GCS. I woke up at 4AM to go to airport to take my partner. I will admit to being tired, swollen, and frustrated this evening.  I am hoping tomorrow is a good doctor visit but there is a little worry. I guess it all got to me when the mower broke and I couldn't even bend down to look at it. My son was mowing. I waddled my butt back inside, sat down, and just cried for about an hour. One of those tension relieving, can't stop cries. As good as my mood has been, the surgery recover does kind of wear on you after a while. I feel better but I will keep an eye out for any signs of depression. I am lucky that I have more time before work starts. Am looking forward to seeing my friend Zel tomorrow.
   I read Cindy's post earlier. I can't imagine how hard it has been for her. I am going through nothing compared to her.
Moni

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 27, 2017, 09:00:37 PM
   Wow, I guess I have written about everything else I might as well include this. It's part of the big picture of GCS. I woke up at 4AM to go to airport to take my partner. I will admit to being tired, swollen, and frustrated this evening.  I am hoping tomorrow is a good doctor visit but there is a little worry. I guess it all got to me when the mower broke and I couldn't even bend down to look at it. My son was mowing. I waddled my butt back inside, sat down, and just cried for about an hour. One of those tension relieving, can't stop cries. As good as my mood has been, the surgery recover does kind of wear on you after a while. I feel better but I will keep an eye out for any signs of depression. I am lucky that I have more time before work starts. Am looking forward to seeing my friend Zel tomorrow.
   I read Cindy's post earlier. I can't imagine how hard it has been for her. I am going through nothing compared to her.
Moni

Dearest Minihahahooheehee,

I'm glad you cried, I hope you had a gut wrenching (not literally) cry with gasping sobs.

Okay now that you got that out of your system you can start fresh and feel better for awhile. It is what you needed and I'm betting it did you a world of good.

Now get back to recovering  it takes dedicated hard work don'tcha know?

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Kendra

So sorry you are still finding so many challenges with recovery from surgery.  I'd wish you a hug but I would be careful even doing that.  But I do wish for best possible speedy recovery.

Glad you're getting a doctor visit tomorrow - I bet you will be fine, but always good to be certain.
  •