Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

GCS with McGinn (After so many years waiting)

Started by HappyMoni, June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marctravis

Moni so sorry for your loss. Condolences from me and my spouse.
  •  

LizK

Oh Moni

I was so sad for you to read your Mum had passed away. Expected or not it is never an easy time. I hope you and you family are at peace soon.

Hugs

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

HappyMoni

Thank you everyone, you make me see that I have a wonderful family right here. Your kindness has touched me. I will carry thoughts of you with me to cope in any potentially hostile areas.
Monica
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Rayna

Moni,

I am sorry for your loss. A time like this brings life's travails into a different perspective. Know that you are making good decisions and be strong.
Love Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

SadieBlake

Moni, so sorry to hear, what a tough way to start your work year :-(.

Hugs, I know you're going to be fine but this doesn't make right now any easier.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

p

So sorry to hear about your Mom, Moni. As for the hostile territory, the general public in a more conservative area may be less aware of trans people & hence less likely to clock you. Wishing you strength, peace, and safety.  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

My Dear Monica,

My heart goes out to you, Paul and Suki for the loss of your mother. I regret not sending you my condolences yesterday due to dealing with my own petty problems. The loss of ones mother is never an easy thing for those that are left behind. It matters not if it was expected or not it hurts. If there is a life after this one, you can rest easy knowing that now your mother knows and not doubt approves of her new daughter. Again Monica, I am deeply sorry for your loss.
   Please see to it that Paul and Suki are given hugs on my behalf and tell them I send them my condolences. While you at at it tell Paul to hugs you firmly for me.

Love ya, Monica
    Lauire
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

HappyMoni

Thank you everyone. Laurie, we are headed down earlier so we can support Paul n Suki. I will pass on your good wishes and hugs. One thing I didn't think about was that we need pall bearers and I no longer see that as a role to play. The whole burial thing gives me the creeps. The church service is not me either. I think the  best thing to do is focus on loved ones. Not knowing if I am really accepted by some leaves me wondering how that will look. It is 'get through it' time. Hope to be back Sunday.
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on August 28, 2017, 07:49:46 PM
Thank you everyone. Laurie, we are headed down earlier so we can support Paul n Suki. I will pass on your good wishes and hugs. One thing I didn't think about was that we need pall bearers and I no longer see that as a role to play. The whole burial thing gives me the creeps. The church service is not me either. I think the  best thing to do is focus on loved ones. Not knowing if I am really accepted by some leaves me wondering how that will look. It is 'get through it' time. Hope to be back Sunday.
Moni

Monica,

It maybe difficult for you for the loss of your Mom and that will be hard enough for you there. Having to deal with a funeral and acceptance on top of it is enough to make one cry even more.
  I understand how you feel about funerals. Know that i will be with you in your heart, there to hold your hand and give you a virtual hug when needed. Paul, Suki and of course Ann will be with you too. You're never alone girl. We can cry together.

Hugs & Love,
   Laurie

•  

JulieOnHerWay

Moni, we have not had the opportunity to bond to date, but I convey my heart felt condolences for your lose.  I have followed your process to transform and appreciate it greatly. 
I lost my mother back in January.  It was a tough and life changing experience.  I know you were not there at her passing but I think it affects us all very deeply because it is our mothers.  I was my mother primary care giver her last 5 or 10 years.  Increasing responsibilities as time went along.  Even as I saw her decline, the end was shocking and heart breaking.  You can't plan for it.  I was very fortunate.  My 4 brothers and sister helped the last year.  It gave us time to bond again as we helped, in one way or another, our mother get through her last year. 
So when the end came there was not issues of sibling rivalry.  I hope you don't have those issues.  If you do, don't play into it, if at all possible.  You are there to mourn her passing.  Taking more than a moment to remember the great things she gave you.  And share time remembering her with family and friends.  She was loved by more than you know.
As to the funeral, it is very personal if not somewhat rote.  There are more than anyone wants in the service.  Very much based on the planners vision.  Unfortunately, my mother never planned or talked about it so that burden was left to us, with a huge variety of of religious views. Everything from fundamentalist Christian to atheist.  But as we planned, I kept in mind it was for Mom.  It was to be her service for her religious conviction not ours.  And the rest of us had to at least give her that.  Not our view of the afterlife.  I suspect your other family members are making the tough decisions but I hope you at least get to be involved and have opportunity to express an opinion.  As you go into the service I hope others give you space to grieve as you need to.  I cried.  It will be methodical, planned and sanitized for others but it is real for you so do as you need.  Everyone will understand.
There are no rule in services.  My mother did not have pallbearers.  Heck we did not have a burial afterwards.  It was a celebration of life.  Meeting and talking to all sort of people that thought enough of my mother to see her off at the end. 
For several reasons we had to work through the final resting place process.  Start with 5 chiefs.  Add no direction from Mom.  Add a father that died 40 years earlier and was literally shoved into a small burial vault.  Add we did not want the routine but something that we could do for them both that would be respectful of what they both gave us and express a small individuality to there final resting place.  What 5 kid-adults came up with was a granite bench with room under it to hold not just their co-mingled remains but room for me and my sister easily and as i told my sibs anyone else that will fit.  It is a nice classic style but has a loon on its front.  Loons are not native to the area.  The gravestone designer had trouble with that but got it right finally.  And the best thing of all, I can be assured both my mother and father would have protested such extravagance.  But they did not help with this, so live with it (so to speak).
Funerals can be tough but please don't get creep-ed out.  I understand but it should not.  Find much value in your family and her friends and the communal grieving.  This process can be good for you in the long run. I hope it is.  Very hard but afterwards you will be a better woman for it and get a bit more clarity on many things in life.  Past and future and afterlife too.  Please go in gently.  Know that others are grieving too and stumbling along like you are.
i will stop now. Lots more I could say but this is way too long already. 
And if you can't stand the small minded idiots in Atlanta come on down lower to the redneck riviera and we will talk it over.  It's only 5 hours drive further.
Love and peace be with you.
Julie
  •  

Jessica Lynne

Stay strong and be well. Just a note to share that I am with you in spirit. Your strength in the face of adversity is amzing. You will move through this. Peace ny friend. Jess
  •  

V

Sending you positive thoughts Moni, take care hun.
  •  

Jacqueline

Hugs, wishes, thoughts(prayers if you want), and tissues for you and your family.

There is little left to say but we will be here when you get back.

Be careful if it becomes hostile. You don't need any more physical or mental pain at the moment.

Warmly,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Jessica Lynne

Moni needs to quit her job so she can babysit and herd the lot of us. It isn't quite the same without her around here. :(
  •  

Laurie

Hey folks,

I thought I would pass on a bit of news. I got a text from Monica a bit earlier. She survived the visit with her relatives for her Mom's funeral and will be heading for home on the morrow.
   I did not ask her if I could share this news with you all, but hey, I'm far far away from her so I decided to chance it. I fear her not.

laurie

•  

Gail20

Thanks for the update Laurie. I doubt sh'ell have any problem with it . . .
"friends speak for you when you can't speak for yourself" :)
  •  

HappyMoni

Hi my lovelies,
  It made me feel so good to read your well wishes. Julie thank you for sharing your story. I was not my Mom's care giver. My brother Paul and his wife, Suki were. I worry about them adjusting to no longer having that role. That has to be very hard, so many memories, habits that you do daily and suddenly you are no longer doing them. I did okay at the service, but at the grave site I got upset. I realize that suddenly both my brother and partner had their arms around my back in support. I have an amazing family. I have a hard time with loved ones being put in the ground. It stirs a sense of claustrophobia.
   My partner and I both expressed being sad today. We are very tired, the excitement of  being with family is over, and the real job (with students) starts tomorrow. The weather will soon be changing but today is beautiful. I decided I would try to perk myself up and wear my bikini for the first time with the bottoms fitting properly. Even though I have gained 10 pounds, I was pretty happy with the look. (For an old broad) It was a good  distraction, and maybe a segway to move away from the whole death thing. Still can't go in the water but that is okay.
   Thanks Laurie for checking on me, I think I texted you while dilating in a Burger King parking lot. I put up curtains in the mini van so I wasn't arrested. I passed on  your message to Ann, Paul, and Suki. I had one family member act goofy with me, but I might write that later. I am so pooped.
Love to all,
Moni

]
  •  

Laurie

•  

SadieBlake

So glad to hear from you! Yay bikini! Boo tired!

Hugs, I'm glad you're well hon :-)
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Kendra

Moni!  Welcome back, and best wishes for tomorrow.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •