Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

GCS with McGinn (After so many years waiting)

Started by HappyMoni, June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadieBlake

Proteus = UTI usually? hope that's addressed and clearing up.

At our first appointment my gyn asked if I'd had any UTI problems (happily not) but I think it's such a common female thing that it was just expected.

She also asked if I were using an estrogen cream, because Wittenberg says PI skin isn't sensitive to estrogen in the way that the vaginal skin lining of a natal female is, I don't think she'd have recommended it.

As for dilators, since about month 5 I've been using green - orange followed by a preferred toy for building depth at the proximal end (deepest part).
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

HappyMoni

So the infection is vaginitis  not a UTI. Sent in a picture to surgeon. They say the site looks good. They seem to reject the idea of Estrogen creme or stronger steroid. I am kind of freaking out because all the nice pink areas are now mostly scar tissue looking. I am just frustrated because they are short and sweet with answers and I don't know if this change is to be expected or if I am headed down a weird road. I mean, when I am all healed, will the inside look pink or will it look like scrotal skin or scar tissue. Is scar tissue bad?
   On top of that I have been told to lower my E level because of anxiety maybe being caused by E too high. I am already taking half of what I used to, pre surgery. Now I am getting hot flashes again and getting very emotional. I cried most of this morning, even at work. I was embarrassed but couldn't get it together. My professional in charge of hormones doesn't want to check my levels for E. She is saying to go by how I feel. Medical people drive me crazy. In a week, I go off hormones for my surgery (nose.) Feeling  stressed about it all right now. Sorry!
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Devlyn

Big hug! I get you on the uncertainty and the body not healing as expected. I didn't know what would come next, either.

Wish I could give you this in person.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

HappyMoni

Thanks Hon, it does make me feel better. One guess  on who is tearing up again. Oye evay!
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

marctravis

Hey Moni! Sorry you're going through this difficult patch. My spouse (remember she is also a McGinn girl, but had surgery a few weeks before you) is also still going through some stuff. She cries at the drop of a hat. Her big issue continues to be dilation. It hurts when she inserts, and of course it's worse with the bigger ones. Some dilations are better than others and we think stress is causing some of it. She also is frustrated and worried if this is going to be permanent. She is supposed to drop to one dilation a day in December, so we're looking forward to that. But still worried that everything is so tight and painful. All I can tell her is that I really think it's going to be ok. I really hope we can go see the doc again soon. We had to cancel our 6  mo followup but want to reschedule. We just live so far away, so have to fly to get there. Hope you feel better soon!
  •  

HappyMoni

Hi Marc,
   If you schedule for MLK day, I might see you there. I think if I was having trouble with consistent  tightness, I might be tempted not to go to the 1 time a day. I am sorry this has been so hard. I have another friend who has had dilation pain. It is very worrying. She is lucky for your support. I think it will work out for her though. It takes some folks longer to adjust and heal. The hormonal thing makes us crazy too. Thank you for your kind words. Wish the both of you luck and happiness.
Moni

]
  •  

Kendra

Moni, best wishes - I was wondering how things were going for you, sorry to hear of the setbacks and the difficulties from this stage of dialation.  Devlyn said it well... sending big hugs your way.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Marcieelizabeth

Hay sweetie - I wish I had seen this earlier - I had no idea all you were going through!  I can only send love and hugs your way.  I know things will improve.  Please message me anytime with anything! 

Hugs and hugs and hugs! 

Marcie
:-*

First memory of cross-dressing - age 8 - 1967
Marcie Since 6-17-17   :D
Out to wife 6-27-17  :D :D
Started HRT 10-13-17  :D :D :D
First time completely me at therapy on 10-31-17 <3
Started Finestrade on 11-1-17 <3
Estradiol and Spiro to therapeutic levels on 12-4-17
Went out totally as Marcie with friends sans beard 3-24-18
Estradiol increased second time 3-27-18
Out to both sisters 2-3-19

...it makes me smile to know its me, fearful about losing the good things in my life, anxious about every single step, doubting my resolve, determined to stop living a lie,  VERY hopeful for the future as myself, Marcie, and I am thankful to have this safe place
  •  

SadieBlake

Scar tissue should be mainly along the inner labia which are the site of a fair amount of work and maybe your clitoral hood. There's also a small scar where the skin of your outie was sutured, I could feel that as pain (minor) during the first week of dilation. I still only have sensation for pressure in my inner labia, makes sense as that's all constructed and I have a sense that sensation will take time.

Color, I'm pink throughout my inner labia and as you go deeper it looks more red. I think that's consistent with cis hardware I've seen?

Hugs, kick your prescriber, not testing levels seems off to me, ought to be at least every 6 months and my endocrinologist ordered tests at 3 months post op, I've just had another round, more to get a record into my new healthcare practice.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Gail20

For comparison . . .

Dr Bluebond-Langner at NYU is VERY big on "massaging" low and hypersensitivity areas as well as any potential scarring areas. She says it will speed up bringing these areas back to normal. My daughter is an RN and works for a Dermatologist/Surgeon.  She says massage is really big and highly prescribed.  They're even sending people to massage therapists for wound therapy. Dr Bluebond also suggested I consider seeing someone for "Pelvic Massage" to help with my hypersensitive and numb areas.

I was being treated for a Serratia Marcescens infection after my local GP did a culture on some off-white creamy stuff that was appearing.  I had a checkup with my two surgeons in NYC Tuesday and they looked at it and said it was a normal part of the healing process and to get off the antibiotics. I was on my 3rd course of some heavy duty stuff. I say this because I'd a attributed the deflated and dried out look of my Labia from nice pink (albeit swollen) to the infection. Dr Bluebond-Langner Tuesday said not to be concerned it would all come along in the end.  She also told me to massage these areas too.

I was at 9 weeks and complaining that the Blue dilator was hard to get past the opening which seemed to be getting smaller! It also was taking 20 minutes sometimes to get to full depth. Dr Bluebond's solution was to take her fingers and aggressively stretch the vaginal opening (which is red and sore already) and tell me that I needed to do the same.  She also told me to relax and immediately forget about the Blue Dilator and go to the Green. I thought she was nuts. She was absolutely right. I took relaxation to a whole new level when I got home and was able to get the Green in to full depth (after first using the Blue) The Green is also stretching the opening

"friends speak for you when you can't speak for yourself" :)
  •  

HappyMoni

Thank you ladies very much. I had a real nice day of working on things that I have let go the last 5 months. It's a sign my energy is returning. The dilation is starting to get more comfortable again. I think the person who called me about the infection guessed when I asked where it is. I then read the PA's email and she said it was at the urethra after all. Am on antibiotics. I like the idea of the message. One of the many failings of my FFS doc was she told me not to message. I have the scars to prove it. I just wish there was a better description somewhere of what happens between 6 weeks and 6 months as far as healing goes. What to expect. When you go into the surgery, you don't tend to think in terms of this time period.
Well, tomorrow is last day for E for two weeks. I feel the heat waves a comin. Not thrilled about another surgery but want to be able to breath through my nose. They may even tweak the cosmetics a bit to correct some FFS work. I come back to  that way too often. Pre-op is done and labs done today. I guess I passed okay today. The phlebotomist saw the PSA request and thought it was a mistake. I made it simple. I just said I was trans and he didn't bat an eye. Nice guy!
Moni
Kendra, you have a surgery date? That is cool.

]
  •  

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Rachel

Hi Monica,

I am happy for you about taking care of the FFS remnants. I know it is on you mind often. Also, I am glad dilation is getting better.

Kendra, I am so happy for you too. Congratulations.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

V

Hi Moni,
Sorry to read you are having some dilation pain. I hope you can get through it and don't give up.
I couldn't get past the pain and gave up after 6 months, and now some 13 years later I bitterly regret it. I'm sure you'll be a lot tougher than me though.
Hope your FFS goes well, I've just returned from my FFS with FT in Spain, so my thoughts go out to you.
  •  

HappyMoni

Hi V,
   I have been wondering if your procedure was finished and how it went. I get my nose done on Monday. Can't wait. I am feeling the need for progress. I will not back away from dilation. I have been very lucky to have gotten decent depth and I will make sure it stays. The discomfort comes and goes and once in a while I get a little blood on the dilator. I look forward to my six month check up in January. I guess I am about 4 1/2 months now. Dilating once a day sounds mighty good. Not sure if I will be doing any revisions. There is only one thing that I don't like at this point. I have two areas of scrotal skin left that give me the creeps.
Moni
Thanks for writing Kendra (Yea on the date) and Rachel. I am starting to like the work done on the eye. Starting to look more symmetrical again finally. Same surgeon, Dr. Papel, to do my nose.

]
  •  

Laurie

Hey  Mienie,

I'll confess to having been completely inept at keeping up with all you do. I do drop in on your thread every-so-often to take a peek. I am glad I did this time so I can tell you I hope all goes well on Monday. I hate to think of you in pain or unhappy.

love ya girl,
laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Quote from: HappyMoni on November 17, 2017, 04:07:33 PM
Hi V,
   I have been wondering if your procedure was finished and how it went. I get my nose done on Monday. Can't wait. I am feeling the need for progress. I will not back away from dilation. I have been very lucky to have gotten decent depth and I will make sure it stays. The discomfort comes and goes and once in a while I get a little blood on the dilator. I look forward to my six month check up in January. I guess I am about 4 1/2 months now. Dilating once a day sounds mighty good. Not sure if I will be doing any revisions. There is only one thing that I don't like at this point. I have two areas of scrotal skin left that give me the creeps.
Moni
Thanks for writing Kendra (Yea on the date) and Rachel. I am starting to like the work done on the eye. Starting to look more symmetrical again finally. Same surgeon, Dr. Papel, to do my nose.

Hi Moni

Just caught up on your last few weeks and as usual it seems to have been very busy and now more surgery. I had my nose done last Xmass, had it all de-bulked and thinned(still looks a mess, but a smaller mess)...you can't help genetics and a cleft lip doesn't help...anyway I digress...

Good luck for Monday I hope it goes as well as you expect it too.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Rachel

Good luck Monica !! I hope everything goes well. I will never go to the surgeon you went to the first time. I am glad you kept with dilation. I wish I thought of using a bit of numbing cream that I use for my electrolysis when I had my dilation issues. I could have put it on the green one and I bet the orange one would have been no sweat.

I will be at Papillion Monday for my one year and closing of the bottom of my vagina.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

V

Quote from: HappyMoni on November 17, 2017, 04:07:33 PM
Hi V,
Moni

Hi Moni, good luck with your nose surgery. I hope it all works out well for you and you get to where you want to be.
My FFS experience was a mixed bag, I won't clog up your thread with it, but if you ever want to know how things went, drop me a PM.
Take care hun x
  •  

Kendra

Moni, best wishes for your nose revision today.  Your're almost done with all these surgeries! 
  •