Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

GCS with McGinn (After so many years waiting)

Started by HappyMoni, June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

Quote from: TechGirl on February 26, 2018, 11:09:03 AM
First post op appointment went well. Dr. McGinn showed me that I currently have both labia minor and major, along with 5.2" depth.  Was able to use the facilities before leaving the office as well.

I'm just happy the dreaded tree-stump-packing and cursed catheter are out.

I feel like a new girl!
Hey TechGirl, I feel weird calling you that. Do you want to offer a name, real or made up? Happy you are making progress. Now entering the land of messy pees and da da da, dilation! Yea! 5 times a day, yeah I know the drill. lol They may give you a week to work up to that. Your life is now dilation, eating, showering and sleeping. Did they show you how hard you can push? I was surprised. Keep on keepin on!
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

SadieBlake

Quote from: HappyMoni on February 26, 2018, 05:00:35 PM
Hey TechGirl, I feel weird calling you that. Do you want to offer a name, real or made up? Happy you are making progress. Now entering the land of messy pees and da da da, dilation! Yea! 5 times a day, yeah I know the drill. lol They may give you a week to work up to that. Your life is now dilation, eating, showering and sleeping. Did they show you how hard you can push? I was surprised. Keep on keepin on!
Moni

Messy? I guess sometimes. As for dilation, it's all practice for sex for me,.by and large I've enjoyed it :-)
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

TechGirl

Yes, peeing is most, but MUCH better than through that horrible catheter.

As for sex, I'll never know.  But at least I kept my marriage & family :-)

--Emily
           (hello :-)

•  

TechGirl

Seems I'm healing nicely, authorized to dilate only four times daily once home.  Also, they were very happy with my healing progress.  Woo-hoo!
  •  

Laurie

Good news Emily. Keep up the good work.

hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: TechGirl on March 01, 2018, 11:36:05 AM
Seems I'm healing nicely, authorized to dilate only four times daily once home.  Also, they were very happy with my healing progress.  Woo-hoo!
Emily, I am really  very happy for you Hon. If I knew you better, I would tease you for only four times a day. I might have even called you a slacker. lol Good thing I don't know you that well.  ;D Glad you are on the road to where you want to be.
Warmly,
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

TechGirl

Quote from: HappyMoni on March 01, 2018, 04:38:16 PM
Emily, I am really  very happy for you Hon. If I knew you better, I would tease you for only four times a day. I might have even called you a slacker. lol Good thing I don't know you that well.  [emoji1] Glad you are on the road to where you want to be.
Warmly,
Moni

Thank you Monica.  I can only hope that the good healing is due to the good diet I was stationed in for the past three to four months.

Today is the last night I'm in New Hope, also dinner night.  I think I over exerted myself a bit (damn PA/NJ roads!), had a bit of bleeding from stitches and other places (nothing to be worried about, just more than while on bed rest).  Oh well, first time out after surgery, and months to heal now.

Thank you so much, you've been an inspiration :-)
  •  

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

HappyMoni

Consult for breast augmentation tomorrow. A little nervous but a lot excited. After all the surgery I've had, I still get nervous at an initial meeting. I still worry that something will prevent surgery from happening. I don't know, the GCS surgery was something I desperately needed to get done. I love that it is done. This surgery has a different feel to it. I guess because it is a definite visual thing to others. This one I just get giddy thinking about. It is perhaps more validating in a way. Oh well, hope it goes well.
Thanks Kendra, back at ya Hon!

]
  •  

amberwaves

That does sound exciting, going boob shopping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

•  

Rachel

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

HappyMoni

Thank you! It went well. I have a date of July 10th. Going with 470's round, silicone. They feel big but they look proportional. I should have a C cup. He says it takes an hour. Wow that is nothing. Outpatient. Go home that day, wow!

]
  •  

TechGirl

Is it true that you have to get them changed out every 10 years or so?

Emily
  •  

Rachel

Hi Monica, I am so happy for you. My BA made a huge difference to me. I went for a proportional look too. You can not go to a 800 in one step anyway so if you change your mind later you can always upgrade.

I had partial under the muscle cohesive silicone 555 cc . It took 2 hours and Dr. McGinn had difficulty getting the right implant under the muscle. She said they were the largest I could get after a the operation.

The Mentor liability form mentioned MRI every x years and a change out. I forget the details. It is in my packet. A change out is an opportunity to rethink size. Anyhow, the Mentor packet scared the heck out of me but on the end beauty wins out.

Silicone feels real 😀. I feel much more comfortable in a top at work or elsewhere. I agree, it makes a Huge difference. You will notice guys gaze down when the they see you. The first time I had my one on one with my boss he looked several times.

Good luck.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
  •  

HappyMoni

I tried bigger but I thought I started looking a bit top heavy to me. We have a lot of wind here.  :P I am really wondering one thing. If I go to a C cup, do I have to up size all my tops. I wear XL now. I would like to still be able to still wear XL. Did that change for you after the BA?

I have heard yes to ten year change, 15 years, and never if things are okay. Don't know what is real. At my age lifetime seems realistic for me.

]
  •  

Rachel

I had an A cup pre-BA. I wore xl tops. I lost 24 pounds post GCS high and am at 196. I have a lot of lean muscle ( woman comment positively on my legs). Post GCS at 220 pounds I had a 44A and 42 B bra. I fit comfortable in a 40 C and have on a 38D today which is supporting, I can easily put my hand under the side.

So I was told by several woman when I had XL tops on to get a smaller size and that was when I was 24 pounds heavier. I fit very well in my large tops and am looking for some tops that are more fitted at work.

I went to the Loft with three work friends at lunch Friday. They were looking to help me get a skirt for work and ended up getting a dress (I will wear next Friday), a pair of jean leggings and a beautiful ( I can not stress enough how pretty) pair of loose floral print pants, like a dress . When there I spotted a top I will get this weekend, It will be fitted and have the floral print pants and I will wear a cardigan and flats. Point being, after you have the BA you may want to rethink tops. Having a loose top can give the impression you are heavy. To each their own.

To answer your question my large tops fit awesome after the BA. My xl tops are in the closet in the back.

I love to have fitted clothing and shopping is very addicting. I need to lose some more off my tummy and oblique's. I am working on that :). When I do I will have a real need to buy a few more fitted tops.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
  •  

HappyMoni

Rachel,
   Did you go through a time of easing into having them visible/ more obvious? Were you at all shy at first? I like the idea of form fitting since the boobs might project more than the tummy then. I have some cute tops that I don't want to have to lose. I do have a lot of v necks because the round collars always made me look more masculine. It might be trial and error. My weight has stayed pretty constant after the post GCS calorie binge.

]
  •  

Rachel

Absolutely, I felt very self conscious. The best thing I did was talk to a few woman at work. They were great. One said straight out why, lots of woman have BA's. Another said it would look good.

When I first went back to work I wore more conservative tops. Then it just became what I wanted to wear and not what others think. I guess the feeling of exposure lasted 2 weeks.

I think the feeling of being exposed is natural and something we all feel. In public I did not care. At work I felt self conscious. Then I got compliments from some woman and some guys. A few guys looked at them when they talked to me. It became amusing.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Rachel on March 10, 2018, 11:09:00 PM
Absolutely, I felt very self conscious. The best thing I did was talk to a few woman at work. They were great. One said straight out why, lots of woman have BA's. Another said it would look good.

When I first went back to work I wore more conservative tops. Then it just became what I wanted to wear and not what others think. I guess the feeling of exposure lasted 2 weeks.

I think the feeling of being exposed is natural and something we all feel. In public I did not care. At work I felt self conscious. Then I got compliments from some woman and some guys. A few guys looked at them when they talked to me. It became amusing.

Yes it is very improper for a woman I guess, but I look forward to guys staring at them at work or on the street. After a few weeks, I imagine it becomes old hat and I expect I will start wearing clothes again. Oh, just kidding!

]
  •  

Rachel

Boobie talk, I had thoughts of getting bigger implants and those thoughts are still there. I would say I am 60% fine with my BA and 40% wanting bigger boobs. I think the 40% is insecurity in my body and having 1.25 sizes bigger sounds good until you think about the reason why, for guys to look at and be more attractive to them, in my mind.

Practical side of boobs, under the muscle gives more support. More support so they do not slide down the front of your body. Not having a natural pocket makes for a disadvantage. I have my implants partially under the muscle. My pecks are different, high or low, and the implants could not be placed entirely under the muscle. Dr. McGinn was worried the implants would break the stitches she put in place to make the fold.

I had my BA in July and after a year I could go bigger. Now I have a healed fold :) :) . The question now if can I find my body acceptable? I am trying to lose fat and gain muscle. I want a descent body this summer. Hopefully I can be comfortable. One thought is if I had bigger boobs it would make up for not having hips and ass. I do squats with and without weights to help with the ass part but it can only do so much (my butt has lifted) . Another thought is why push my luck. my boobs look good and I should be happy.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
  •