Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Official "You Look Fabulous Darling" 8.0

Started by V M, June 16, 2017, 01:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToriJo

I've only started trying anything to present as myself (not very publicly!) with any makeup 4 days ago.  I could tell you all the horrible stuff wrong with it, but I'm looking for positive things.  :)  And, yes, this is happy for me - you can see my eyes.

•  

Korra-

got new glasses today! finally no more being blind!
  •  

Sarah_P

--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Rachel_Christina

Looking great girls, especially love your trousers Sarah, the fall of your hips great.

After a fairly negative time, I bought my first romper. I thought I would look stupid in it, but in the end it made me feel so great, and it snapped me right out of the dark.

•  

Sarah_P

Thanks Rachel! I'm still working on shrinking my waistline a bit, but I'm much happier with my shape than I was a few months ago. I hate my farmer's tan though. I'm hoping I can eventually get it all evened out.
That romper is so cute! Now I want one....
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

TonyaW

Pretty sure I don't make fabulous yet.  Getting better with make up. Starting to think my hair might be long enough to do something with but no idea what.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Sarah_P

You look good Tonya! I wish my hair was that long. That's a wig in my pictures (though it's the same color I dye my hair).
That's my problem with my hair though - I have no idea what to do with it! I've had the same basic hairstyle for 25 years now (short, combed to the side). I've got a basic hairstyling book, but I haven't really tried to do any of them yet.  :-\
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Sarah_P on August 29, 2017, 04:08:46 PM
You look good Tonya! I wish my hair was that long. That's a wig in my pictures (though it's the same color I dye my hair).
That's my problem with my hair though - I have no idea what to do with it! I've had the same basic hairstyle for 25 years now (short, combed to the side). I've got a basic hairstyling book, but I haven't really tried to do any of them yet.  :-\
My best advice is to find a good hairstylist, tell her your parameters (easy to maintain, etc) and set her loose.

Dee
(Need to take my own advice.)

:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!

Think outside the voice box!

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Sarah_P on August 29, 2017, 04:08:46 PM

If you ever get into KC, the lady who does my hair is awesome.  I don't know how far out into KS you live though.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on August 29, 2017, 06:44:39 PM
If you ever get into KC, the lady who does my hair is awesome.  I don't know how far out into KS you live though.

I'm in KC all the time. I went to Sopra Salon in Prairie Village to get my eyebrows done back in May, and was originally planning on going back there for my hair eventually. I have a friend who's a cosmetologist, and I did have her trim my hair up last week, but she just got her license, so it might not be a bad idea to try a stylist with a little more experience (I don't want to upset my friend, though!).
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Colleen_definitely

Oh in that case call up Alonda at Lush Salon.  She's awesome and is as trans inclusive as it gets. It's a pretty nice place too.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Korra-

went shopping today and got a new top and my first pair of shorts. i was a little nervous showing so much skin since I have really long legs but got over it quick
  •  

I Am Jess

Quote from: Korra- on August 29, 2017, 11:17:57 PM

went shopping today and got a new top and my first pair of shorts. i was a little nervous showing so much skin since I have really long legs but got over it quick

If you've got them, flaunt them girl.  I love wearing shorts and skinny jeans.  My legs are one of my best features and I don't mind showing them off at all.

You look so cute in your top and shorts!!
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Rachel 82

Let's see if I can get this to work...

This is from this past weekend - Rachel's first walk around town!

•  

Madison (kiara jamie)

guess this is my first post this year, ive turned into a lurker so im just chilling out on the couch in the dark reading forum posts and im super lazy these days about makeup, it takes a lot for me to want to use foundation but mostly i just do eyeliner mascara and lipstick or lipbalm, but i think its time to atleast step up to an eyeshadow standard

kinda funny picture since it looks like i have streaks in my hair even though i dont

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Madison (kiara jamie) on August 30, 2017, 04:43:38 PM
guess this is my first post this year, ive turned into a lurker so im just chilling out on the couch in the dark reading forum posts and im super lazy these days about makeup, it takes a lot for me to want to use foundation but mostly i just do eyeliner mascara and lipstick or lipbalm, but i think its time to atleast step up to an eyeshadow standard

kinda funny picture since it looks like i have streaks in my hair even though i dont
Unfortunately, Photobucket is no longer useful, as they wil not allow other sites to link to your photos.  You will need another picture hosting service.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Madison (kiara jamie)

yep i realized after i posted so i edited it lol

•  

KathyLauren

Ah, that's better.  You do indeed look fabulous!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Sarah_P

(Cut the pics out of these replies so this post wouldn't be a mile long)  :)
Quote from: Colleen_definitely on August 29, 2017, 10:43:55 PM
Oh in that case call up Alonda at Lush Salon.  She's awesome and is as trans inclusive as it gets. It's a pretty nice place too.

Thank you Colleen! I'll look her up. That's not too far from where I used to live!
Quote from: Korra- on August 29, 2017, 11:17:57 PM

You look so cute Korra! I'm too self-conscious about my legs to wear shorts just yet. Lots of blemishes & they haven't seen the sun in at least 25 years.

Quote from: Rachel 82 on August 30, 2017, 02:29:20 PM
This is from this past weekend - Rachel's first walk around town!

You look good Rachel! Congrats on your first day out!

Quote from: Madison (kiara jamie) on August 30, 2017, 04:43:38 PM

Looking good, Madison!
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Korra-

Quote from: I Am Jess on August 30, 2017, 02:02:37 PM
If you've got them, flaunt them girl.  I love wearing shorts and skinny jeans.  My legs are one of my best features and I don't mind showing them off at all.

You look so cute in your top and shorts!!
thanks. it's a bit of an adjustment period getting used to shorts. i mostly wear jeggings or leggings (on occasion I'll wear a dress) so having my legs so exposed is a new thing for me. i feel almost naked. my mom calls them hoochie shorts haha

Quote from: Sarah_P on August 30, 2017, 05:54:36 PM
(Cut the pics out of these replies so this post wouldn't be a mile long)  :)
Thank you Colleen! I'll look her up. That's not too far from where I used to live!
You look so cute Korra! I'm too self-conscious about my legs to wear shorts just yet. Lots of blemishes & they haven't seen the sun in at least 25 years.

You look good Rachel! Congrats on your first day out!

Looking good, Madison!
thanks! i have a few marks here and there from when I was a welder and hot slag would burn my legs so i know the feeling. i hate having hairy legs exposed so i always make sure to shave and moisturize my legs before wearing an outfit that'll have them out there
  •