Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Official "You Look Fabulous Darling" 8.0

Started by V M, June 16, 2017, 01:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on October 11, 2017, 11:43:52 PM
I'M DRESSED UP AND READY TO CRASH THE PARTY! ... Oh wait, everyone moved to the military thing now, I'm too late.

(Mostly I just wanted to try the new wig. I really like the blonde look. ;D Now if I only hadn't given myself raccoon eyes with this eyeshadow palette I haven't the slightest clue how to use. Also trying out new foundation, didn't cover beard shadow as well despite a much closer shave than last time I posted a picture.)

Blonde hair looks very good on you. You look nice. For a really close shave you might try using a Venus razor. My brother had run out of cartridges for his razor so I gave him one of my Venus razors.  He loved it. He said it was the best shave he ever had. He told my dad about it and now that's the only razor they both use.  I get the Walmart version of the five blade razors with the moisturizing strips. They Don't even need to use shave cream because of the moisture strips.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Yes Roll the blonde is very cute.
I want to try blonde. But I am afraid of ruining my hair lol

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on October 12, 2017, 05:36:13 AM

I think you would look awesome as a blonde. But, you're right. Bleaching will ruin your hair. You're hair looks perfect. Shiny and healthy. Bleach tends to dry out the hair. It also splits much easier after bleaching. And of course there is the upkeep. You will need to retouch the roots once a month. Try a blonde wig. It would be totally sad if you ruined that beautiful hair with bleach.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: Julia1996 on October 12, 2017, 05:41:25 AM
I think you would look awesome as a blonde. But, you're right. Bleaching will ruin your hair. You're hair looks perfect. Shiny and healthy. Bleach tends to dry out the hair. It also splits much easier after bleaching. And of course there is the upkeep. You will need to retouch the roots once a month. Try a blonde wig. It would be totally sad if you ruined that beautiful hair with bleach.

Yeah I think your right Julie, you are a hairdresser after all.
I really don't want to ruin it, it took me long enough to get it like this.
A wig would be a good idea!

•  

Sarah_P

(Mostly I just wanted to try the new wig. I really like the blonde look. ;D Now if I only hadn't given myself raccoon eyes with this eyeshadow palette I haven't the slightest clue how to use. Also trying out new foundation, didn't cover beard shadow as well despite a much closer shave than last time I posted a picture.)

Looking good Ellie! I'm not seeing any raccoon eyes either. I've really done that to myself a few times, but that's primarily because of the eye bags I can't seem to get rid of (or cover even with tons of concealer).
Like Jenny said, an appropriately colored concealer covers up the beard hair (before applying foundation). Generally people use orange, but I've found that I've had to be really careful with orange or I end up looking like an oompa-loompa. I find pink concealer works much better for me.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Colleen_definitely

Blonde is definitely a good look for you Ellie.

I'm also not seeing the raccoon eyes.  I've found those always look way worse in the mirror than in reality.  I've been known to attempt liquid eyeliner after too much coffee and even if it's a little messy it ends up working.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Sarah_P on October 12, 2017, 07:22:15 AM
Looking good Ellie! I'm not seeing any raccoon eyes either. I've really done that to myself a few times, but that's primarily because of the eye bags I can't seem to get rid of (or cover even with tons of concealer).
Like Jenny said, an appropriately colored concealer covers up the beard hair (before applying foundation). Generally people use orange, but I've found that I've had to be really careful with orange or I end up looking like an oompa-loompa. I find pink concealer works much better for me.

I've been doing the cheap red lipstick "trick", it just seemed to blend better with the mousse style foundation as opposed to pure liquid. The raccoon eyes definitely less visible in the picture, probably lighting. :D
Quote from: Rachel_Christina on October 12, 2017, 05:36:13 AM

The important thing is you have hair to ruin! :D

This is the only benefit to wigs! That's why I bought this one to begin with, I realized if I'm stuck with them for the foreseeable future (year for full regrowth I'll get from meds, whatever delay I run into for transplants, year before transplants start to grow in, two years minimum before I even hit shoulder length... ugh) I might as well enjoy the variation they offer. ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Artesia

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on October 11, 2017, 09:32:52 PM
CS, that's a discomfort I've not experienced in some time...

And I'm quite happy to keep it that way.  I spent way too much time choking on that crap during hazing rituals and field problems.  The worst was doing an armored vehicle recognition exam after being stuck in the back of a deuce and a half for 2 hours in the August heat of Ft Stewart, then doing grass drills in the parking lot of the CP, and then having the NBC NCO for the troop dust us with CS powder using a giant fan in the middle of the test.  We did some really dumb stuff to prove how tough we were...

When were you at Fort Stewart?  I was there in the mid to late 90's.  roughly 94-97.  A Battery 13th field artillery. 
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Colleen_definitely

•  

I Am Jess

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

elkie-t

I'M DRESSED UP AND READY TO CRASH THE PARTY! ... Oh wait, everyone moved to the military thing now, I'm too late.

You look nice, but it's obvious you aren't a natural blonde... mostly because your brows are so black. Nothing wrong with sporting this look to a Halloween party, but for everyday I would suggest dark hair wig with maybe blonde highlights. Imho
  •  

Devlyn

I see people with blue hair. Their eyebrows aren't blue and I think nothing of it. You need to get out more!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Roll

Quote from: elkie-t on October 12, 2017, 01:51:30 PM
You look nice, but it's obvious you aren't a natural blonde... mostly because your brows are so black. Nothing wrong with sporting this look to a Halloween party, but for everyday I would suggest dark hair wig with maybe blonde highlights. Imho

Heheh, I was just wanting to play with a $10 wig, doubt I'd go for the blonde look for real. ;D Also, it is weird that my brow show up so dark and I thought the picture in general was sort of overexposed. They are actually a much lighter brown than that. I literally went so long without wanting to see pictures of myself I think I might not actually understand how they work. :-X
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Roll

~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: I Am Jess on October 12, 2017, 01:44:09 PM
Who else is ready for Halloween? 

Wait, wait, wait! Are you ready for Halloween or a strip club?

:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!

Think outside the voice box!

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Angélique LaCava

Took this today, December 3rd makes 2 years on hormones so I'm excited since it's only 2 months away.

•  

I Am Jess

Quote from: Dee Marshall on October 12, 2017, 03:42:37 PM
Wait, wait, wait! Are you ready for Halloween or a strip club?

Or Halloween at a strip club???  ;)

Quote from: Angélique LaCava on October 12, 2017, 03:57:50 PM
Took this today, December 3rd makes 2 years on hormones so I'm excited since it's only 2 months away.

Looking great Angélique
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Artesia

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on October 12, 2017, 09:09:14 AM
I was 99-04. 3/15th infantry

Missed you buy a couple years.  It would have been neat if we had met before we transitioned.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Honestly it's probably better that we didn't.  I avoid that part of my life like the plague.  Too much baggage, too many traumatic memories, too many graves filled with friends.

Anyway, back on track:  Angélique, you look as amazing as ever.  Jess, I think halloween at the strip club is in order as well.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •