Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Official "You Look Fabulous Darling" 8.0

Started by V M, June 16, 2017, 01:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen_definitely

Congrats. I wish you two many years of happiness, you look great by the way.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Allison S

All that matters is that you're both happy! [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Congratulations  Angelique when I read fiance it did not sink in.
  •  

Sarah_P

--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: dist123 on December 23, 2017, 09:21:18 PM

Why am I more desperate now more than ever before? That's what confuses me

Hello Sara!

Impatience to reach our destination is far from an unusual feeling.... After hiding what is inside us for so long and then coming to the point where what is inside, MUST be expressed ...The urgency to do so... and to feel secure in the knowledge that our outer presentation will adequately express our inner truth can be quite overwhelming!!!... We can carry an ideal in our head of how it will all be in a year or two years and we worry that we might not make it to the physical ideal we have in mind

Believe your big sister when she tell you that all will be well...patience will bring you what you seek... you are pointed in the right direction and each day and each step will bring you closer to where you want to be... Find each day, little ways to get closer... even if it is something small like moisturizing your skin... Always moving forward!!!

You've read my thoughts on fear and these worries, at their core, are born of fear...  our fears can be managed and put in their proper place with the right perspective so, find what works for you!!!

My perspective comes from being on the other side of the transition process from where you are now and I can tell you truthfully, there can be so much time put into worries that is wasted effort... This time would be better spent embracing each step of the miraculous journey you have undertaken... This process of transformation is an amazing and magical thing... There is so much that is good and powerful in it for us to claim.... The strength and power to say... The truth inside me that has been hidden a lifetime, will be hidden no more!... The power that comes from the realization that your life is not just experiences that happen TO you... Rather, it is what YOU make it to be and you can make it to be whatever you choose... The doors of possibility are yours to explore... Embrace all these things for they are gifts you will carry with you through the years to come!

My perspective is also one of someone older than you... impatience is often a symptom of youth and I would always urge you to keep the passage of time in perspective!... Two generations behind me, my own grandmother, as a little girl, rode on a horse drawn wagon all day to go see what an electrictric lightbulb looked like in Cherokee, Iowa... Change is all around us everyday and the personal changes in your next few years will be just as profound and beautiful... Just like you!!!

I know this might be a lot of ranting from a crazy old transwoman just to answer your question above but, I believe in you!!! You are going to make this world your own and it is going to be a pleasure to watch that happen!!!... An amazing life, finally your own, awaits!

Hugs and Love Little Sister!!!

Ashley 😀❤️🌻

Angelique!!!... Congrats to you and your fiancé!!! So Wonderful!!! You two look great together!!! Wishing you all good things in the years to come!!! Marriage is awesome!!!!

Hugs!!!

A 😀❤️🌻

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

V M

Quote from: Angélique LaCava on December 24, 2017, 01:10:16 AM
Me and my fiancé tonight at celebration in the oaks in New Orleans.

Congrats Angelique  ;D   You two make a nice couple
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Allison S

Ashley, what's ironic is that I work as a mental health counselor at a health center. I put on a brave face- constantly reminding myself I need this job.  Yet internally I'm struggling through the most important transition in my life.

Your comments and advice to me opens my eyes to see the world for what it is. A life long adventure! Rest assured I won't be stuck and if I am I'm sure it's temporary.

Thank you for everything! I know you have high hopes for all us girls just starting off. It's really heartwarming to know you've accomplished what you needed to yet are kind to us and generous with your time to respond in such an extraordinary way. It makes me feel for once that I have a purpose too and someday that will be realized [emoji4]

I love the story with your grandmother!

•  

Herts_Stephanie

I've just read Ashley's last posting and agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments. As a 52 year old transwoman I'm impatient for changes, but I balance this with the old cliche of to build something solid that will last and weather the storm, requires solid foundations, I'm getting these right first, it's frustrating, but I have where I'm going and how long it will take me, set in my mind. Happy xmas all xxx
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: dist123 on December 24, 2017, 01:23:04 PM
Ashley, what's ironic is that I work as a mental health counselor at a health center. I put on a brave face- constantly reminding myself I need this job.  Yet internally I'm struggling through the most important transition in my life.

Your comments and advice to me opens my eyes to see the world for what it is. A life long adventure! Rest assured I won't be stuck and if I am I'm sure it's temporary.

Thank you for everything! I know you have high hopes for all us girls just starting off. It's really heartwarming to know you've accomplished what you needed to yet are kind to us and generous with your time to respond in such an extraordinary way. It makes me feel for once that I have a purpose too and someday that will be realized [emoji4]

I love the story with your grandmother!

There's my little sister!!!... You are feeling the power!...Keep that in your heart with the light of hope and you will always be unstoppable girl... Always let me know if l can help along the way...That's what big sisters are for!!!

Hugs!

A😀❤️🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Herts_Stephanie on December 24, 2017, 01:37:48 PM
I've just read Ashley's last posting and agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments. As a 52 year old transwoman I'm impatient for changes, but I balance this with the old cliche of to build something solid that will last and weather the storm, requires solid foundations, I'm getting these right first, it's frustrating, but I have where I'm going and how long it will take me, set in my mind. Happy xmas all xxx

Hi Stephanie!

Your balanced approach will serve you well in the days to come my dear sister!!!...

The path ahead can bear a special significance to those of us around the half century mark who have lived a few lifetimes before starting this one and have a lot of life to compare and contrast to the unparalleled experience of claiming, finally.... A life that reflects the truth that has been awaiting the light of day for those many years!!!

You have tried the more conventional routes of living for a lifetime and the fact you are on this path tells me they left you wanting...Seeing the pieces of the puzzle come together and finally start to fit is an experience not to be missed

Amazing things, unexpected discoveries, challenges, insights and revelations await you... Enjoy it all :)!!!!

Please feel free to contact me anytime I might be of help along the way!

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley 😀❤️🌻

•  

Herts_Stephanie

Thanks Ashley :) at least your not messaging a blank abyss anymore, here i am!
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Herts_Stephanie on December 24, 2017, 03:24:36 PM
Thanks Ashley :) at least your not messaging a blank abyss anymore, here i am!

There's my gorgeous sister!!!! Happy Holidays Stephanie!... Wishing you an amazing New Year ahead!!!

Hugs!!!

A 😀❤️🌻

•  

Herts_Stephanie

Thanks again & wishing you & all others here a great Xmas. 2018 is certainly going to be a year of change for me, & i'm grateful you've all "got my back" I feel that I'm amongst friends already in the short time I've been here.

As I continue my journey, I now feel I've got fellow passengers & quite a few of them can also read a map & look at weather reports, metaphorically speaking.

Lastly, apologies to op if I've inadvertently hijacked the thread
  •  

tgirlamg

Stephanie and Sara...

I offer you a favorite quote from Whitman's "Song of the Open Road" because it speaks to me of the place in the journey you both are... The road stretching out before you,...The places transition takes us and the power of finding yourself along the way... I strive to live my life... " Gently, but with undeniable will"

From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines,
Going where I list, my own master total and absolute,
Listening to others, considering well what they say,
Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating,
Gently, but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold me.
I inhale great draughts of space,
The east and the west are mine, and the north and the south are mine.

I am larger, better than I thought,
I did not know I held so much goodness.

All seems beautiful to me,
I can repeat over to men and women You have done such good to me I would do the same to you,
I will recruit for myself and you as I go,
I will scatter myself among men and women as I go,
I will toss a new gladness and roughness among them,
Whoever denies me it shall not trouble me,
Whoever accepts me he or she shall be blessed and shall bless me.

Onward we go brave sisters!!!

A 😀❤️🌻

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Herts_Stephanie on December 24, 2017, 03:43:53 PM
Thanks again & wishing you & all others here a great Xmas. 2018 is certainly going to be a year of change for me, & i'm grateful you've all "got my back" I feel that I'm amongst friends already in the short time I've been here.

As I continue my journey, I now feel I've got fellow passengers & quite a few of them can also read a map & look at weather reports, metaphorically speaking.

Lastly, apologies to op if I've inadvertently hijacked the thread

Hey! From one 50-something Stephanie to another (I've got a few years on you), welcome and Merry Christmas! Looks like we both have a big new year planned. All the best to you, and see you around the forums!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: tgirlamc on December 24, 2017, 04:13:26 PM
Stephanie and Sara...

I offer you a favorite quote from Whitman's "Song of the Open Road" because it speaks to me of the place you both are... The road ahead before you,...The places transition takes us and the power of finding yourself along the way... I strive to live my life... " Gently, but with undeniable will"

From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines,
Going where I list, my own master total and absolute,
Listening to others, considering well what they say,
Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating,
Gently,but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold me.
I inhale great draughts of space,
The east and the west are mine, and the north and the south are mine.

I am larger, better than I thought,
I did not know I held so much goodness.

All seems beautiful to me,
I can repeat over to men and women You have done such good to me I would do the same to you,
I will recruit for myself and you as I go,
I will scatter myself among men and women as I go,
I will toss a new gladness and roughness among them,
Whoever denies me it shall not trouble me,
Whoever accepts me he or she shall be blessed and shall bless me.

Onward we go brave sisters!!!

A [emoji3]❤️[emoji258]

Ashley... that is so beautiful. Admittedly, I am a lot more emotional these days, but you've got me in tears.

I am holding a New Year/New Life party on New Years Eve to celebrate all of the people around me who have supported me and encouraged me through my transition, and I think I'll recite that around the fire. Thank you so much for introducing me to it.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Herts_Stephanie

Thanks Stephanie and a merry xmas to you x I'm reckoning I'm about eight months behind you, so hope we can keep in touch and see where 2018 takes us :)
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Camouflage

I'm nowhere near as gorgeous as you girls but I feel like posting a picture because I celebrated Christmas in full female mode and it fell fabulous :)

Every day that goes by I feel more eager to begin hormone treatment.

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Camouflage on December 26, 2017, 06:24:18 PM
I'm nowhere near as gorgeous as you girls but I feel like posting a picture because I celebrated Christmas in full female mode and it fell fabulous :)

Every day that goes by I feel more eager to begin hormone treatment.

Camouflage!

You look gorgeous!!!  Congrats on showing your true self to the world and welcome aboard!

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley 😀

•