Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Shopping

Started by Sammie, June 27, 2017, 11:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammie

I love to shop, my mom says I am addicted. I honestly can't stop buying stuff whether it be on Amazon or at Target. This makes living in my room hard because more stuff=storage space (bookshelves, other shelf stuff etc) and that makes my room a mess and often crowded. I also find it very hard to let go of the stuff I buy. I don't need most of the stuff I have (i.e. toys, books, stationary) but I also cant stop buying it. Does anyone have any tips on how to stop buying stuff?
:laugh: Be you! 
-sammie.the.trans.turtle
  •  

Elis

Yeah I had this problem. The only thing that helps is self control to avoid the websites that could tempt you. As well as imagining what I'd rather be spending the money on that'll make me feel better in the long term. Like binders or HRT.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Paige

Quote from: Sammie.the.trans.turtle on June 27, 2017, 11:20:24 PM
I love to shop, my mom says I am addicted. I honestly can't stop buying stuff whether it be on Amazon or at Target. This makes living in my room hard because more stuff=storage space (bookshelves, other shelf stuff etc) and that makes my room a mess and often crowded. I also find it very hard to let go of the stuff I buy. I don't need most of the stuff I have (i.e. toys, books, stationary) but I also cant stop buying it. Does anyone have any tips on how to stop buying stuff?

Hi Sammie,

Sometimes when people shop a lot their looking for a distraction or trying to compensate for something lacking in their life.  Is there something else going on that's bothering you?

Just curious,
Paige :)

•  

Lyric

I've got a great solution for you. Just go shopping with a friend who likes to shop and help them. It's much more fun when you're shopping with someone else's money and you have the added advantage of not having to store the junk when you get home. In fact I enjoy getting rid of stuff almost as much as buying things. I sell stuff on eBay all the time.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

Sammie

Quote from: Paige on June 28, 2017, 08:18:28 AM
Hi Sammie,

Sometimes when people shop a lot their looking for a distraction or trying to compensate for something lacking in their life.  Is there something else going on that's bothering you?

Just curious,
Paige :)
Well I don't really have any friends if thats the sort of thing you mean.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

:laugh: Be you! 
-sammie.the.trans.turtle
  •  

RobynTx

Go cash only.  It's a lot harder to shop that way. 

•