Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Not sure if this is the best place for this but anyway after my "adventure " at drag racing and TBH not worn male clothes since middle off Jan this is my gradual coming out story. The plan is to start full time end of October but all the time I have been moving closer to the point now where I use a hand bag and purse, painted nails and earrings and its all positive so far apart from the wife (that's a different topic). Spend most of my day in gender neutral uniform , work trousers, polo shirt, steel toe cap boots but wear bra and panties under. Growing my hair out but very thin on top so looks like a wig then and as my job is dirty, dust falling from under cars , brake dust and stuff so have to wash it every day so thinking may need 2 so 1 can dry. also I think a longer style for going out. Going to see the GP on Friday to find out why there was no reply from GIC and to say will be trying to get HRT when I can get £££s from my pension fund. The diet has stalled a bit , the floppy man gut is stubborn but was 14 st 1 lb   this morning, want to get to 12 st 7 lb, positive is my hips are wider than my chest. 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Michelle_P

Davina, having multiple wigs when full-time is pretty much a necessity, as the darn things can take 16-24 hours to fully dry.  I have two in my daily wear style, as well as one in the same color, straighter and slightly longer, as 'dress hair' when I need to look a bit more posh, as you might say. ;) 

Washes take a bit of life out of the wig, so minimize soak time in the wash solution, and get a good spray-in conditioner to use on the damp wig after washing.  Don't try brushing till it is completely dry.

When brushing avoid the temptation to start in with big strokes.   Spray conditioner on the ends, and brush out the last inch or so all around.  Then, go back and brush out the first couple of inches. Then, do the first 3-4 inches.   The idea is to avoid long sweeps that compact pre-existing tangles at the ends, leading to crimping of end hair, breakage, and a premature death from the frizzies.

All lessons I had to learn the hard/expensive way. 

You may even want to consider using cheaper synthetic wigs for daily wear, in a style you like of course, and get better wigs set in a similar style and color for evening and weekend wear that won't need to be washed nearly as often.

Best of luck at the GP's office, and I hope you get some answers there.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

jentay1367

What is it that your lot on the Island says? Oh yeah..... "I like your pluck!" Yeah! that's it.....go rip em' up girl!
      Relentlessness is our best friend. It's certainly been mine. Without it, we become victims to despair. I refuse to give in to some weird manifest destiny that I never signed up for. This is a long hard won battle and I've miles to go.
     We're the sisters of the over 50's and we will have our way! I'm sure of it. Just keep moving forward, D. It begins to fall into place because we've given the forces of the Universe no viable alternative. I'm on your side all the way! Keep keeping on. L
  •  

davina61

Yes cheap wig for work was the plan. Back to the news, TX my daughter last night to say are we racing your car Sunday, reply was  not if your wearing a dress, NO I will be wearing my work trousers. So going racing whay . She still cant handle it or understand and I wont push her, my poor darling girl I haven't done this to hurt you. Will give her a big hug and see how she is.Pushing on whatever
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

Hi Davina,

Glad to see you are pushing forward and making plans to prepare for your official debut.  I wonder at your determination in the face of the obstacles tossed in your way. I myself can't imagine taking the steps you have at work and in your car hobby. You go girl!
   It a shame with the family issues but great that you will not let them stop you from becoming the lady you strive to be. And you are right, you cannot push against the resistance your daughter has put up. Doing so will only make it worse. And you know I face simular issues with my daughter so I can empathize with you completely. It does hurt but we will deal with it and hope for the best.
   Hugs,
     Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

coldHeart

Stupid as it sounds can't you wear a baseball hat on top of a wig or adapted one so its part of the hat. Sara
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: coldHeart on July 07, 2017, 04:10:54 AM
Stupid as it sounds can't you wear a baseball hat on top of a wig or adapted one so its part of the hat. Sara
It's hard to wear a hat on top of a wig.  I got my own hair cut and styled so the back and sides look feminine.  With a ball cap or sun hat on top, it looks quite convincing.  I go like that for working in the garden, walking the dog, or going to fire department practise.  I can't go totally "topless" because it is too thin.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

davina61

So doc is chasing up GIC , she said should have had a response . She is American and has taken me on , asked how I was doing so told her nails, earrings and wearing a skirt at hot rod meet and she is fine about it . Had an email from gender GP asking what I was doing about getting HRT from them and replied saying waiting for ££££S to pay for it. Think its about £150 just to "register" , that's a phone consultation and set up fee.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Shy

I took nearly three months for me to hear from the GIC, my letter arrived taped to a snail ;D

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

davina61

Find it hard to feel female at work when we are busy, flat out today, 15min lunch (should be 1/2hr) and no coffee breaks and worked 1/2 hr over. Any way after cooking tea had a shower and did a make over, put my size 16 orange dress on ( fits but took 10mins to get the zip closed) its alittle tight round the ribs but looks OK. Took a photo and uploaded it to footo buket but cant 3rd party down load as they want $399 a year now , was free till today the robbing so and so's (insert expletive) Opened a bottle of red and made the mistake of bringing it into the living room, on my 3rd glass now. Looking forward to tomorrow with my daughter.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

My daughter was upset when she saw me, wearing bracelet, ring and necklace, bra and girl cut event T shirt. We got the car scrutinised and signed on and she started to see no one was bothered about me. Raced in the ladies bracket race and got in the final, runner up as she slept the start lights but a trophy and some £££s. Not raced for18mnths and still got it, best prize for me was the big hug when we left, all together AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Dan

Quote from: davina61 on July 09, 2017, 05:09:29 PM
My daughter was upset when she saw me, wearing bracelet, ring and necklace, bra and girl cut event T shirt. We got the car scrutinised and signed on and she started to see no one was bothered about me. Raced in the ladies bracket race and got in the final, runner up as she slept the start lights but a trophy and some £££s. Not raced for18mnths and still got it, best prize for me was the big hug when we left, all together AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Sweet success!
  •  

Laurie

Great ending for a rocky start. Congrats Davinia. Hoping for many more good outcomes for you.

Hugs,
   Laurie
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

davina61

Thanks ladies, day off tomorrow , will be on the panel van again. Have a sore neck from Sunday and was using sun cream factor 50 , fore arms are nice and brown almost for the first time ever. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

So I wont post every day, lifes to boring for that but had a phone call from GP , 2 year wait at Northhamton GIC . You would like to think they would tell you! Gave up working on van this morning as cut front floor out to reweld neatly and needs new panel, then got raging stomach ache so shot home and pebble dashed the toilet ( sorry tmi) so changed into Davina mode and cooked some nan breads, will be making buttered chicken for tea soon. BTW who fits a smoke alarm in a small kitchen as it goes off when grilling or doing toast, numpty builders!!!!!!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

AnneK

QuoteBTW who fits a smoke alarm in a small kitchen as it goes off when grilling or doing toast, numpty builders!!!!!!!!

That's so you'll know when dinner's ready.   :D
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

davina61

Well girls after a busy day (again) at work and a quick tea had a nice shower and shave , head to toe body lotion and put on my new leggings (that fit nicely) , white T with a orange sleeve less top over and the infamous denim skirt.2 bracelets , rings , necklace . Did my brows and a bit of red lippy and now feel like myself. I find it strange how some nail varnish and jewellery make my arms/hands match what my brain expects. same with the wig and the breast forms as the weight feels correct to my brain. As I have said before its like I have a memory of being female. Watching the TV and The kids voice and I so want to be the presenter (well look like ) Emma Willis but that would only happen with a body transplant!!!!!! Cant decide if I work on my bus tomorrow or have a "girly" day, stuck for parts on the bus but can do a bit but my right eye is playing up again (out of focus ) and welding wont help. Calling in on mother and need to collect mail from the wife  , feel like leaving the jewellery on just to wind her up, forgot put in my hoop earrings, 1ins circle and they sort of dangle. M&S  have a sale on and wish I had some £££s to go shopping but nice clothes don't pay the bills or put food in the fridge. When I get some money from my retirement fund then I need to shop as short of some stuff for when I come out. Things like everyday shoes, boots and trainers to go with my jeans or leggings , blouse/shirt and a winter coat. Charity shop trawl in Tewksbury with my mum and aunty maybe? Cant wait to go full time even though I wont pass at all but the brain wants, still not long to Oct
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Dan

Quote from: davina61 on July 15, 2017, 04:29:18 PM... feel like leaving the jewellery on just to wind her up...

;D Something small is less 'aggressive' and she'll get used to the whole lot over time as you add to it. It's called change management.

•  

davina61

Girls (sorry and fellas) spent the day as Davina minus hair, stayed with my mum for 2 hrs . She dug me some potatoes from her veg patch. Called in on the wife to pick up mail , her cousin was there and maybe that saved me but no nagging or what are you doings. This afternoon after watching British Gran prix cleaned the flat as not been done for 3 weeks then decided to make Laurie a cake for her home coming. As I was cooking and have some cauliflower to use up made cauli and potato parathas for tea to go with a chicken jelfrazie . Forgot to say talking to my mum that I wanted a shirt/blouse to go with my jeans ect and she fetched one that my sister gave her and said she had only worn it once (not her style) , tried it on and its perfect so worn it all afternoon. You know I should have put a sub under the heading ramblings and other therapeutic stuff. Don't need a gender therapist just this page.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

You are doing so good Davina, Making do with what you have and living life as you need to. You make circumstances work for you while you wait that terribly long time for the health system to get around to helping you. When I get to feeling guilty about how easy everything has been for me compared to the horrible wait times you U.K. folk have  to endure I look at your attitude and coping skill and feel better knowing that at least one of my U.K. sisters are going to be okay.

Did you cut me a slice of that cake? Is it in the mail?

Hugs,
   Laurie