Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

All vegetarian plus fish.  Davina indulged my somewhat sort of vegan'ish food habits, I try to minimize dairy and red meat.

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals.  I'm vegetarian because I hate plants.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Shy

Well look at you girls, being a pescatarian it looked like an awesome feast.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

davina61

Still eating fish and rice and ran out of time to make carrot pudding so as I had grated the carrots made it last night after the girls left. It was nice to have guests , we called in on my mum and she has knocked herself up a bit with swollen lip and brow and bruises. Internet went down so this is first chance to reply , I liked Kendra's greeting "oh wow" so she must have seen changes . I do enjoy putting on a feast but was a bit disappointed in the salmon dish , don't know why but was a bit tasteless compared to the 2 times made it before. Followed recipe same but paprika was different make and tamarind paste ran out just short , probably that as its sour and it was coconut milk sweet. Veg samosas came out nice and cauliflower and potato parathas good as well but the hit of the night was the tandoori mushroom curry.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Kendra on May 18, 2018, 04:00:15 AM
All vegetarian plus fish.  Davina indulged my somewhat sort of vegan'ish food habits, I try to minimize dairy and red meat.

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals.  I'm vegetarian because I hate plants.
Reminds me of another joke. There was a group of people who were trying to get a drunk to stop drinking. They decided to take him to a brewery and they explained to him that there is no way he could ever drink all that the brewery produced. The drunk though about it for a minute and then replied "No I can't but I have them working 24 hours a day keeping up with me".
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on May 18, 2018, 02:45:42 PM
Still eating fish and rice and ran out of time to make carrot pudding so as I had grated the carrots made it last night after the girls left. It was nice to have guests , we called in on my mum and she has knocked herself up a bit with swollen lip and brow and bruises. Internet went down so this is first chance to reply , I liked Kendra's greeting "oh wow" so she must have seen changes . I do enjoy putting on a feast but was a bit disappointed in the salmon dish , don't know why but was a bit tasteless compared to the 2 times made it before. Followed recipe same but paprika was different make and tamarind paste ran out just short , probably that as its sour and it was coconut milk sweet. Veg samosas came out nice and cauliflower and potato parathas good as well but the hit of the night was the tandoori mushroom curry.

Sounds like you have quite a passion for cooking and a talent as well. Maybe that's what is next for Davina??

Great to hear everything went so well

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

Think (as said before) might have been a chef instead of mechanic , both have s**t hours and pay!!!!! Would love to but its hard to make a living . Just to make you all hungry doing butter chicken tomorrow and plan to make pork and mushroom later in the week.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Planted my mums runner beans for her and mowed the lawn as her hand is still swollen , made me late to go and work on panel van but managed to weld the top of front panel in, got back at 4 and only just finish eating and clearing up. Butter chicken is lovely cooked in oven after marinading in fridge over night with butter sauce pored over. Now don't know if this is just a UK thing but WHY when its nice weather and all the windows are open some arse lights a smoky bonfire   , had to close them as it was coming in. Glass of wine and relax now as 6 straight days at work and have to work holiday Monday next week as had the last one off.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

Okay girl I looked up buttered chicken and id doesn't look difficult and it looks good. I may just have to try it when Michelle gets here.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

davina61

This one is different to all the other ones I have as in the oven bit, did it till it "burnt" the marinade bit like barbeque
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Shy

Quote from: davina61 on May 20, 2018, 02:09:53 PM
Now don't know if this is just a UK thing but WHY when its nice weather and all the windows are open some arse lights a smoky bonfire   , had to close them as it was coming in.

Yup, it's a UK thing. Had it happen to me this morning just as I put my washing out to dry so had to bring it all back in again  >:(

Sadie
  •  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on May 20, 2018, 02:09:53 PM
Planted my mums runner beans for her and mowed the lawn as her hand is still swollen , made me late to go and work on panel van but managed to weld the top of front panel in, got back at 4 and only just finish eating and clearing up. Butter chicken is lovely cooked in oven after marinading in fridge over night with butter sauce pored over. Now don't know if this is just a UK thing but WHY when its nice weather and all the windows are open some arse lights a smoky bonfire   , had to close them as it was coming in. Glass of wine and relax now as 6 straight days at work and have to work holiday Monday next week as had the last one off.

Yum Yum butter chicken...one of my favourites

Well done on all the chores for your Mum I bet she was happy and you deserve the wine for all your good work.

6 straight days sounds like hard work to me I hope you get through it ok

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

6 days, used to it as have 3 days off a fortnight .. That's why my panel vans not finished yet . Must book some more hols.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Went to the docs for my decapitation jab (you know what I mean)  and the nurse said I looked really well and my (skin) face looked soft. We talked about moisturisers and told her I was using a tinted  one and then she asked if I had blusher on ( not for work) as my cheeks looked rosy and a lot better than the last time she saw me. Only shaving in the morning now as growth has slowed, bonus blades last longer and skin has time to recover. Also have fine hairs growing in the bald spots right down to a good hair line, not enough though. Gone tired again and went back to sleep after the radio alarm came on, good job didn't have to be at the docs till 8.30 (can see it from my flat!!)  and works pigging me of again. Never mind its a living
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Shy

Sounds like you're getting a nice healthy glow from the inside and out Davina :) Your nurse sounds really nice, I actually had the same moisturiser chat with my therapist just the other day.

Sadie
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on May 24, 2018, 02:29:05 PM
Went to the docs for my decapitation jab (you know what I mean)  and the nurse said I looked really well and my (skin) face looked soft. We talked about moisturisers and told her I was using a tinted  one and then she asked if I had blusher on ( not for work) as my cheeks looked rosy and a lot better than the last time she saw me. Only shaving in the morning now as growth has slowed, bonus blades last longer and skin has time to recover. Also have fine hairs growing in the bald spots right down to a good hair line, not enough though. Gone tired again and went back to sleep after the radio alarm came on, good job didn't have to be at the docs till 8.30 (can see it from my flat!!)  and works pigging me of again. Never mind its a living

Dear Davina: 
Well, that was certainly a happy and affirming update regarding your appointment during your "decapitation" doctor's appointment and conversation with the nurse.... 
I am enjoying following your transition and life journey.
Please keep your updates coming as you have been doing... and pictures too, but only as you feel comfortable doing so.

Hugs and more hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

vickijonesuk

Wow Davina, you're awesome, mechanic, welder, chef - I need you round to fix the heater channels on my beetle and then cook a meal :)

It really sounds like you're on a happy roll at the minute and that's brilliant!

•  

davina61

Beetle heater channels or how to make the doors not fit!!!! Made a jig to keep body in shape for when they are cut out but have robbed it to make other stuff. Have done loads and its all the other bits needed like bottoms of A posts , under rear seat sections , front and rear inner arches. That makes it a BIG job.
Its been a bit moist here (pi**ing down with rain!) and there is a music festival about 3 miles away this weekend, head line band is Status Quo and it will be a mud feast. Shame after all the nice sun of the last 2 weeks.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on May 25, 2018, 02:42:25 PM
Beetle heater channels or how to make the doors not fit!!!! Made a jig to keep body in shape for when they are cut out but have robbed it to make other stuff. Have done loads and its all the other bits needed like bottoms of A posts , under rear seat sections , front and rear inner arches. That makes it a BIG job.
Its been a bit moist here (pi**ing down with rain!) and there is a music festival about 3 miles away this weekend, head line band is Status Quo and it will be a mud feast. Shame after all the nice sun of the last 2 weeks.

Will we see Davina rocking it out with Status Quo...time to get your rocker chic going...

take care

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

Well I do have a denim skirt , ask Kendra.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

vickijonesuk

God I'm such a huge Status Quo fan ( haha I've outed myself!) seen them so many times including the frantic four. Alan Lancaster was the reason I started playing bass!

Yes my beetle is going to be a long job. Heater channels, chassis cross member is Rotten as hell and all not helped by the last idiot welding the body to the chassis either.

•