Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudiBlueEyes

Yes things are progressing nicely for you.   The two rings sound nice!  You might consider placing your items in storage if if would be feasible due to the expense.  I suppose it depends upon their age and all.  Having a new place to yourself, then a room mate might be a nice change up for you.  You should consider it if you think you could get along well enough.  Otherwise it would give you time to find another place that was possibly less drafty and offered lower power bills.     

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on July 22, 2018, 02:38:16 AM
Thanks a lot , I do feel like starting to get some where . Met some nice folk yesterday( when introduced by Debs as she knows everyone local) not a bat of an eye or quizzical look, even had my hand kissed !!!!! Got 2 nice rings made out of apostle spoon handles 1 silver and other gold (gilt?) . Stall holder sized them for me, they have some nice bracelets as well so might see about one today. Of to see mum and then Debs is going to do my make up, sort my brows and eyes. I know POIDH. Bummer its last day of hols and back to work tomorrow feeling like my old self . Still actually feel like I have been on hols with the music fest and so far apart from a very short spell of damp on Friday its been nice and sunny and very hot at times. My legs are still as white as Casper and think sun has caught back of my neck that's why I got that hat.

I love jewelery and nice rings especially. I am for ever trying to find stuff in my size and I am reasonably lucky in that I am able to find some pieces "off the shelf" but most are not suitable.

POIDH really has beome the gold standard LOL  ;D Holidays are never lonmg enough are they

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

Had another good day yesterday ,went down the pub with the gang and watched 2 bands. It might be billed as a blues fest but there was all sorts . Only downer was went to get a pie and mushy peas and got yes SIR what do you want followed by thank you SIR and as I walked away enjoy it SIR . Pigged me off a bit as wearing my hat and shirt dress with roses pattern that has a plunge neck line and showed a bit of cleavage. Still went to get a drink and the lady I had been talking to in the que  said this lady is first when bar man came.  Debs got a bit drunk (like 8 cans of fruit cider and 3 pints!!!!) and ended coming back to mine for food at 11pm before I took her home. Had the never drinking again call from her today------------till the next time then!! She has band practice tonight as well so hope her voice holds out. This is good for me as finding and making new friends.Heres the POIDH .Thats the bass player from Debs band and the stage in the beer garden, the whole place was jumping . Fun times
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Hi Davina,

Glad you had a good day 2 at the music fest in spite of the BS from the food chap. Fortunately I haven't had to deal with such nonsense yet. Yet being the operative word here. I am sure it is going to happen. What I am not sure of is how I will react to it. Hopefully, with grace.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Despite the food merchant, it sounds and looks like you had a great time!  Thanks for sharing.
Judi
In living every day.
  •  

Nicole70

Thank you for posting, your week off looked such good fun at the festival, and you are looking great btw.

Nicole
  •  

davina61

Thanks, just need to shift the man gut!! Boobys gone really sore again,just hope its a spurt
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on July 24, 2018, 02:14:01 PM
Thanks, just need to shift the man gut!! Boobys gone really sore again,just hope its a spurt

@davina61
Dear Davina:  Ahhh, the ubiquitous "man gut"  ....  keep working on it... progress will happen. 
The good news is while you are still working on it, flowing dresses and tops tend to make it less obvious...
...then soon enough perhaps you can wear the tighter form fitting tops without you feeling self-conscious about how you look.

Regarding  your statement: "boobys gone really sore again, just hope its a spurt."

"Sore" might be a good thing... it means that things are happening there... . no pain no gain.

Thank you for keeping all of us interested parties updated with your life events.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

mittenskittens

That looks like a banging festival, love the idea of going out listening to some music and enjoying a few beers!
  •  

big kim

Quote from: mittenskittens on July 24, 2018, 08:53:07 PM
That looks like a banging festival, love the idea of going out listening to some music and enjoying a few beers!

Blackpool Punk Rock Festival next month, 4 days of world's biggest punk festival. I'ts inside so weather doesn't matter
  •  

davina61

OMG been busy, went to Debs the other night with Davina's meals on wheels. breadcrumb fish, mash potatoes, some of my mums runner beans and parsley sauce. Sat out side till gone dark. Then last night they had a Dolly Parton tribute act on at the steam rally so got back home at 11.30. Just got back from Debs now, plan was to go down rally field and maybe tent it but weathers turned and she was nackered after a day massaging feet at the show. Took her a chocolate banana doughnut and some snowballs (not blue). Back to the show field tomorrow night. Other news have some nice photos of myself, just need to load them up if they get mailed to me. One on Debs face book but don't know if it can be linked/downloaded. Thing Is I don't recognise myself , last week saw someone I know for 40years and didn't get clocked!! Not passing yet but when dressed up folk arnt sure. Hurt my back again at work, they got someone in to do Tests and made me do services and repairsBack still not recovered from last week and its gone again, was supposed to go back for more massage this week but not allowed to have my lieu day off as short staffed . Well serves them right as phoning in sick tomorrow , have appointment to fix back tomorrow at 11.50 so no time to go , come back and go to work again. Had a letter today to go for breast cancer screening, welcome to womanhood !!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on July 27, 2018, 05:24:33 PM
Thing Is I don't recognise myself , last week saw someone I know for 40years and didn't get clocked!! Not passing yet but when dressed up folk arnt sure......

.......Had a letter today to go for breast cancer screening, welcome to womanhood !!!!

Hi Davina

Congratulations IMHO What you describe happens to most of us at some point...we stop feeling as though each time we venture out we are sticking out and being clocked by everyone. That assessment is probably pretty accurate in the beginning of our transitions but as we refine our movements, HRT does a little of its work and we get better at actually presenting ourselves in a form we are happy with...then confidence begins to grow and before you know it you are just another Gal in the crowd. It is a real confidence boost when you know that the whole world is not staring at you. There will always be those who are rude or stare but I am finding most people are happy enough to go with the signs of womanhood they see...do they see things that are incongruous...certainly...but is it enough to be rude and risk ridicule themselves? in most cases no, they accept what they see, if you appear as a woman, you act and have confidence as a woman, then what is to argue about. How cool is that. ;D

Take care

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

"Thing Is I don't recognise myself..."

Davina this is when you finally realize this is real!  You are on your way and the past is fading in your rear view mirror.  Enjoy the ride.

Judi
In living every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on July 27, 2018, 05:24:33 PM
OMG been busy, went to Debs the other night with Davina's meals on wheels. breadcrumb fish, mash potatoes, some of my mums runner beans and parsley sauce. Sat out side till gone dark. Then last night they had a Dolly Parton tribute act on at the steam rally so got back home at 11.30. Just got back from Debs now, plan was to go down rally field and maybe tent it but weathers turned and she was nackered after a day massaging feet at the show. Took her a chocolate banana doughnut and some snowballs (not blue). Back to the show field tomorrow night. Other news have some nice photos of myself, just need to load them up if they get mailed to me. One on Debs face book but don't know if it can be linked/downloaded. Thing Is I don't recognise myself , last week saw someone I know for 40years and didn't get clocked!! Not passing yet but when dressed up folk arnt sure. Hurt my back again at work, they got someone in to do Tests and made me do services and repairsBack still not recovered from last week and its gone again, was supposed to go back for more massage this week but not allowed to have my lieu day off as short staffed . Well serves them right as phoning in sick tomorrow , have appointment to fix back tomorrow at 11.50 so no time to go , come back and go to work again. Had a letter today to go for breast cancer screening, welcome to womanhood !!!!

@davina61
Dear Davina:
      I am looking at this as a good report, except for the part about hurting your back... I trust that your back will heal and not cause you any long term problems. 
      The part about you meals on wheels for Deb....  what you made sounds so delicious... can you deliver to Alaska???
      Hmmm,  be sure to bring one or more of those Chocolate Banana Doughnuts too.   I am not a Snowball fan, no matter what the color so more doughnuts will suffice.
      Yes, we will definitely want to see some new pictures of yourself ... but only if you feel comfortable sharing them with us.
      Ahhh, haaa.... not recognizing yourself, that should be a great feeling that you are now truly becoming Davina.  Every time I step out of the shower and look in the mirror I also still have that sensation, and I have been full time for 18 months!!!  It is wonderful to be sure.
      Last but not least, the breast cancer screening, like your stated... "welcome to womanhood"  I have had a few mammograms and I absolutely don't get a question or a weird look from the technicians when I take my top and bra off.... another wonderful feeling... and most affirming to be sure.

Thanks for your update and filling us in on your life events.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

davina61

Thanks ladies, back very sore this morning so will phone in sick as it needs to rest. Will see my back lady this morning.Normal service from the weather today, 19C ,breezy and risk of light showers then rain all day tomorrow. Shame for the steam rally as it turns muddy very quickly on show field. My Welsh friend was coming over but waiting to see if she has cancelled , was looking forward to seeing her and its one hell of a party tonight at rally with tractor pulling in the dark, steam powered fun fair, Neil Diamond Experience (tribute act) , and BIG firework display. Cropped jeans stripy top ,thin hoodie and sandals I  think and I will blend in. If I wore a dirty boiler suit and  covered myself in soot , ash and oil would blend in more!!!!!!! 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Looks like my visitor has quit due to weather, did have a heavy down pour this afternoon with a clap of thunder. Luckily I had just gone into the craft tent to take Debs a cup of tea so stayed dry. Got loads of stuff, grinding/cutting discs, welding clamps , gloves and wire brush that I needed then got 3 rings that the stall holder had made me after I had bought some earrings of them last week. Also got a necklace to match them. Went to the food (farmers) market and got some sausages (pork apple and chilli, blue cheese etc ) some cheese , artisan bread, ginger ale and elderflower wine to treat myself. Best bit didn't get misgendered  once (yes love, darling, dear ) and saw some one that I have known (old customer) for 40+ years and had to tell them who I was!!!Not seen them for a few years though . Time to eat some food and then back down the rally for night time fun, just hope damp stuff stays away.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Nicole70

Awesome Davina, your confidence is really showing, not being misgendered is so affirming, and not being recognised by old friends must be secretly quite fun. Those sausages sound really good, I miss a good British sausage, now I'm feeling like sausages for breakfast.

Thanks for your updates

Nicole
  •  

LizK

That is just great Davina

You are making such wonderful progress. You sound pretty happy about it all as well. Nicely done with the jewellery... I have real problems buying rings as the ones I always like never come in my size...having someone make you some rings sounds like a great idea...you going to share some pics with us? Hope you get to catch up with your friend soon.

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

will take some pics of rings and stuff when I get time, got dragged onto the BIG WHEEL ride, now I don't do heights or rides as have bad balance and vertigo . Have hold rail to work down stairs. Thing I put a dent in safety bar with my white knuckle grip !!! but it was fun and saw another old customer and had to do the "who I am" thing. We went to leave and the site was on lockdown due to an alleged sexual assault , police looking for a male individual . Not good and security said there had been 2 fights, not surprizing as the amount of alcohol that is consumed all day must be thousands of pints. Anyways going to try and link some pics , didn't work.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on July 29, 2018, 04:15:45 AM
will take some pics of rings and stuff when I get time, got dragged onto the BIG WHEEL ride, now I don't do heights or rides as have bad balance and vertigo . Have hold rail to work down stairs. Thing I put a dent in safety bar with my white knuckle grip !!! but it was fun and saw another old customer and had to do the "who I am" thing. We went to leave and the site was on lockdown due to an alleged sexual assault , police looking for a male individual . Not good and security said there had been 2 fights, not surprizing as the amount of alcohol that is consumed all day must be thousands of pints. Anyways going to try and link some pics , didn't work.

@davina61
Sounds like that you had a very exciting time...  those big wheel rides can be thrilling, especially in windy weather like the last time that I rode one when I was in Seattle at the waterfront last year.

Hmmm, having trouble linking some pics????   We all definitely want to see them!!!!
... I can help if need be... just PM me if you want.

Thanks for your update...
Hugs,
Danielle

•