Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on August 17, 2018, 03:56:30 PM
Just found a photo of Poppy in my e mail , a little cutie . The very BIG boss came into work today and talking to him said only have a bit over 2 1/2 years till I retire . He went off to look at other stuff and came back "what did you mean not long till you retire?" so said I was 63 and he was taken aback!!! When he left ( he did ask about if I had any probs at work coming out) he said looking good. Took my BFF grocery shopping tonight, in the 33% of shelf was some Baltic smoked cod (Polish) and some corn on the cob so that was tonight tea. Flaked cod with (micro waved !!) corn and some of the dry curried veg. Very nice but the bones are a pain to sort out.

@davina61
Dear Davina: 
I just love it when I see your really good news updates...
...puts a smile on my face and make me happy for you.
I trust that the good news and lots of good things keep happening for you.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Katie Jade

Mmmm Baltic Cod,, lovely, and the response from your boss of course. That reminds me I have to book a fish and chips night as well...

Luv N Hugz
Katie
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :o :o :o :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Its always interesting to catch the boss off guard with retirement comments.  That he wasn't sure if you were unhappy due to transition concerns, never thinking you were that close in age is interesting.  He certainly sounds supportive.  I will suggest that you not talk up retirement too much as you get closer as it has been known to be "career limiting" in the event of troubled times. 

Will you be seeing your new granddaughter soon?  I'm sure you cannot wait.
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

LizK

Hi Davina 

Nice to be "mis-aged" for a change...youi don't look anywhere near 63...you look a lot younger.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

She is coming over to the ex's tomorrow afternoon so will have a cuddle then , I know poidh----------
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

davina61

Eventful day yesterday, dog sitting for my BFF and when I went back in house to make a brew one of them smashed a hole in the fence and escaped. Through good fortune the 3 that got out were returned, fence mending duty this morning!!!!!!  Went to see my new grand child ,some pics of great granny, my daughter and grandson also the stand I made.ztggZCN.jpg[/img]
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

HappyMoni

Ahhhh! Sweet pictures Davina! You and the family looking amazing.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on August 19, 2018, 12:32:31 PM
Eventful day yesterday, dog sitting for my BFF and when I went back in house to make a brew one of them smashed a hole in the fence and escaped. Through good fortune the 3 that got out were returned, fence mending duty this morning!!!!!!  Went to see my new grand child ,some pics of great granny, my daughter and grandson also the stand I made.ztggZCN.jpg[/img]

@davina61
Dear Grandma Davina:
Absolutely wonderful pictures that you shared with all of us.  THANK YOU.
You holding your newborn grandson is priceless and all the other pictures of family members are a treat for us to see.

Oh, and your finished jewellery stand looks amazing... thank you for showing it to us.  You did a beautiful job making it.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Davina you look lovely with your granddaughter!  I can certainly see the familial resemblance in you all.  Beautiful! 

The jewelry stand looks great!  Pretty Blue. 

Judi
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

Thanks, we are short staffed at work today (just me !!!!) so young female tech has come over from other site. Showed her my pic holding Poppy and she said if I didnt mine her saying that I looked totally female. Did I mind , you all know the answer to that----
Very tired today , went to the BFF's last night for 1/2 hr and ended up sleeping over and going to bed at 2pm or later,                 still Dr Davina's therapy couch worked well and got told I was her best friend   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Thankfully had a good long nights sleep and back to normal today, went to GP practice for my anti T injection this morning and spent ages chatting to the nurse. Complimented on my foundation and told I looked good. Of to hospital for mammogram in a bit then some shopping and having my back/feet done . cooking an every day chicken curry at the moment as may not have time later
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Pictures are great...you look fabulous and I love the dress it suits you beautifully...as for the little bundle of joy ...what more can be said  :D :)

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

Ta @lizk , been invited to BFF's for tea so back out in a moment. Squashed boobies not to bad, nurse says have you had one before and I said no just started growing them!!! Walked past my nephews house on the way back to the car,talking to him (he was making roof on extension ) and it took him ages to work out it was Uncle dead name. Couldn't stop as he was busy getting joists fitted before the roofer came . Went shopping for a few bits in super market and then popped in to clothes shop to waste some time before next appointment . Ended up buying 3 tops/blouses to go with jeans/leggings/skirt , they got thumbs up from BFF . Made some roti(breads) quickly to take for tea. Whole meal flour, add water to make a dough and knead for 10 mins. Roll out into 6ins round and then cook in a heavy bottomed fry pan (dry) holding down with a spatula till brown spots show flip and do other side. That was todays episode of cooking with Davina.   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on August 21, 2018, 12:40:58 PM
Ta @LizK , been invited to BFF's for tea so back out in a moment. Squashed boobies not to bad, nurse says have you had one before and I said no just started growing them!!! Walked past my nephews house on the way back to the car,talking to him (he was making roof on extension ) and it took him ages to work out it was Uncle dead name. Couldn't stop as he was busy getting joists fitted before the roofer came . Went shopping for a few bits in super market and then popped in to clothes shop to waste some time before next appointment . Ended up buying 3 tops/blouses to go with jeans/leggings/skirt , they got thumbs up from BFF . Made some roti(breads) quickly to take for tea. Whole meal flour, add water to make a dough and knead for 10 mins. Roll out into 6ins round and then cook in a heavy bottomed fry pan (dry) holding down with a spatula till brown spots show flip and do other side. That was todays episode of cooking with Davina.   

@davina61
Dear Davina:   
Thank you for posting your happy update about your day of activity....  for any of us, it is nice to just get into the groove of living our daily lives in the body and mind that we were meant to have.

All of us that follow your thread are always eager to see and read about what is happening in Grandma Davina's daily world and events.
Thank you for sharing,
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

JudiBlueEyes

"Made some roti(breads) quickly to take for tea."

Gee Davina, you're making some of us look bad!  You make is sound so easy.  I'll have to try that one! 

Can we be sure you didn't go to some fancy culinary school?   You definitely have the flare for cooking a good dish.  Bravo!
Judu
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

knackered again , no cover at work so I was the only one in. Did 6+ hours work in 4 hrs and my body is complaining now. Got a craving for a MD banana shake so walked up and got one, TBH felt a bit sick after!!! Had to drop some papers into the ex's solicitors yesterday and the receptionist was busy on phone so asked another lady to take them. She said can you see what this LADY wants, at that pass till I talk stage-------- Well till I got SIR at work today but the uniform doesn't help, even Abby got called a lad  a few times. Well sat here in my nighty after a shower since 7.15 pm watching a bit of telly and trying to type as fast as @ Alaskan Danielle might try changing color
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on August 22, 2018, 01:51:37 PM
knackered again , no cover at work so I was the only one in. Did 6+ hours work in 4 hrs and my body is complaining now. Got a craving for a MD banana shake so walked up and got one, TBH felt a bit sick after!!! Had to drop some papers into the ex's solicitors yesterday and the receptionist was busy on phone so asked another lady to take them. She said can you see what this LADY wants, at that pass till I talk stage-------- Well till I got SIR at work today but the uniform doesn't help, even Abby got called a lad  a few times. Well sat here in my nighty after a shower since 7.15 pm watching a bit of telly and trying to type as fast as @ Alaskan Danielle might try changing color

@davina61
Dear Davina:   Well now, you just got into your night clothes and perhaps thinking of getting to your bed sometime soon ... what is it there ???   9:45PM ???  ....  Here, I am just taking my lunch break, I got a sandwich and some soup at the next door coffee shop and brought it back to my office... it is not quite 12:45pm here just after the noon hour so I have many hours to go before I get off work, go home, fix dinner, relax a little and then into my night clothes... 

So sorry to hear about your long and hard work day....
...but as they say  "work is the yeast that raises the dough" (as in money)

Well, you got SIR'd at work and called a LADY at your solicitors office....   I would think that the solcitor visit is the one that you will fondly remember for sure.

Oh no... got sick after your MilkShake....   usually I can't have something that rich on an empty stomach.

Hmmm, my typing speed, when I was in college I reguarly typed up towards 100 WPM ....  as I am getting older I am slowing down slightly.... oh, and the colors just slow me down but they are so much fun!!!

Have a restful evening,
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

davina61

Well we were supposed to have a Temp tech today but never turned up so started work 1/2 hr early , finished a service that had been part done as customer wanted it back as we had it for 3 days . Finished at 1.30 and tried to have a lunch break , only had 10 mins then had to do an MOT and service as customer was waiting . Managed to leave 1/2 hr early but getting totally peed off now, we have a big boss coming around tomorrow and bet I will be kept away so as not to say anything. Manager is avoiding me as well or at least avoiding speaking so he doesn't get his ears ripped off!!!!! Don't mess with an angry woman. My BFF wants me to look at a Merc SLK she is interested in, going Sunday morning . Well chuffed with the new tops I got the other day, wearing one tonight as went to see BFF and got a thumbs up.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on August 23, 2018, 04:28:25 PM
Well we were supposed to have a Temp tech today but never turned up so started work 1/2 hr early , finished a service that had been part done as customer wanted it back as we had it for 3 days . Finished at 1.30 and tried to have a lunch break , only had 10 mins then had to do an MOT and service as customer was waiting . Managed to leave 1/2 hr early but getting totally peed off now, we have a big boss coming around tomorrow and bet I will be kept away so as not to say anything. Manager is avoiding me as well or at least avoiding speaking so he doesn't get his ears ripped off!!!!! Don't mess with an angry woman. My BFF wants me to look at a Merc SLK she is interested in, going Sunday morning . Well chuffed with the new tops I got the other day, wearing one tonight as went to see BFF and got a thumbs up.

@davina61
Dear Davina: 
I am so very sorry to hear of your job and boss issues....  bite your tongue the best you can and stay away if possible ...  might be best that way... but in this day and age just be thankful that you have a job.

Oh, regarding your new top that you will be wearing tonight.... "pictures or it didn't happen"

Thanks for sharing about your life events today.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

davina61

Excuse the no make up but took this quick as proof.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•