Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Davina That was a good thing you did with those "bits' Good for them and good for you too.
Sorry you cooking adventures were mixed  but it happens. You will keep doing what you do and you enjoy it as you do.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Shambles

Quote from: Kendra on November 02, 2018, 09:15:32 PM
Yeah here's a 'drone style' photo taken 6 weeks ago from a high shelf someone climbed up. 
Davina is in the Ferrari red vest, along with several others from Susan's. 

God! this feels like it's been about a year since this, only been 6 weeks ?!
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

davina61

Hot Rod club last night and the other M to F member brought a lady along, she sat next to me and we ended up talking all night swopping photos and stuff. Did an age and wig fail!!!! got told my colours to wear are red and blue , not for the first time either. Went back to docs tonight as wrist playing up again, got to arrange X ray tomorrow. Open mic tonight and my BFFs M to F friend that I have not met is coming . Cooking a lamb Pasander , got to check it ,nearly done. 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Sounds like a good evening at the club meet.   Best of luck for the x-ray.  You may have been over stressing your wrist without thinking you were.  mmmm.  I love lamb!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

Good time last night at open mic, met my BFFs M to F friend and her wife. Nice folk and in her former life played guitar with some top bands. Got invited to GIRLS night out Friday, think its 8 going. Got the wrist X rayed today, nothing broken but looks like aggravated arteritis according to the radio therapist ?(operator) but have to wait till next Tues when GP has looked at results. Well tiered tonight, still not going out tonight so shower and relax time. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

Glad you had a good night with Friends Davina. I hope you are going to the girls night out. Take it easy on that dang wrist girl!!! I mean it!

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

davina61

Girls night out was great, had to bail as work today (note to self find a easier job) , got some new friends!!! On the wrist I will be seeing consultant on Tuesday , suspected damaged ligament so will see. If it is then have a good mind to chase compensation as struggling to cope at work. Loads to do tomorrow so off to bed in a mo.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on November 10, 2018, 03:25:12 PM
Girls night out was great, had to bail as work today (note to self find a easier job) , got some new friends!!! On the wrist I will be seeing consultant on Tuesday , suspected damaged ligament so will see. If it is then have a good mind to chase compensation as struggling to cope at work. Loads to do tomorrow so off to bed in a mo.

@davina61
Dear Davina:
Based on the reasons for your wrist injury, I am surprised that the company is not paying for your consultation visit, doctor visits, medical bills.....  and offering alternate "lighter" work routines.... and perhaps also offering you additional compensation and/or a promotion....   

They must be aware that you can bring legal action against them for injuries, so you may need to play that card if they don't belly up to the bar to take care of you.  You have been dealt a bad hand but you have some Aces up your sleeve, don't hesitate to use them.

Just thinking out loud here........
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

davina61

No charge for medical treatment as its the dear old NHS  but they did put me onto heavy work when I want back so had to have another week off that they have not paid me for and as 2 of those days were lieu ones should be paid for them. Going to make a fish curry and some biscuits now   .
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Hospital tomorrow at 10 am, work moaning its to short notice but had to ring first thing today to see what time and day they had me booked in for. Pigged of as they made tomorrow my day off that I was due this week. Think they are forgetting how my wrist got damaged. BFF rang last night to ask if I was up for a photo shoot for TRANS AWARE WEEK on TV as her friend was doing it, hell yes
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Hope all goes well at the hospital today and they can get your wrist sorted out..

Take care
Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

Well went and saw the consultant about wrist, they made me ware a brace that makes my hand hurt more!!! Have to go for an MRI scan now and then back to clinic 2 weeks later, that went down like a lead balloon at work. Cant do much work with the brace on, see what happens tomorrow then. Cooking a steak and ale pie (Guinness, thanks Sara for leaving it) so if any one want to come to dinner they are welcome as its enough for 4/5 !!!! Had some steak that needed eating today and 2 more by the 17th so added some already cubed to make 1kilo , I know they would have frozen but where is the fun in that. Recipe said decant into 4 small bowls after 1 1/2 hrs cooking and then put on pastry lids but cant find any small dishes apart from a small enamel dish so might make that and freeze rest of filling. Got some new work bras, had to ask lady in store to find the ones I needed and she was great, just smiled when I said well they are still growing---- time to roll out the pastry, laters XXXXXX 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Pie was great, had some left over pastry so made a Bakewell Tart . Needs some custard to go with it!! also made some wholemeal biscuits and think I will have to get some chocolate to go on them.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

After reading some posts on here just realized all this morning that I never had a look or stare, that's a waiting room full (must have been 30+) and shopping. Just need to sort the voice now-----
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on November 13, 2018, 03:55:07 PM
After reading some posts on here just realized all this morning that I never had a look or stare, that's a waiting room full (must have been 30+) and shopping. Just need to sort the voice now-----

Neither should you either....your latest photo's say all woman to me as they do to everyone else.

Glad to hear you are getting to the issues with your wrist albeit a little slower than you would like....looks like light duties are in store for you or maybe an extended holiday while your wrist recovers? Either way I hope you get it resolved.

Bakewell tarts yum yum and yum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

Morning Liz, yes will see what happens at work tomorrow
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Back to Doc's as not coping at work with the wrist, rang HR "see if you can do other work" manager "you can answer the phone, go to doc and get pain killers" WTF had enough of this, not my fault yet not getting paid for being of sick. OK rant over, stopped on way home and got some choc to go on the biscuits I made yesterday.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Update on docs , put me off work for 2 weeks. DONT take pain killers as you wont know if you are straining the ligament and it needs rest. From x-ray it shows dislocated/misplaced bone and from that they think its ligament, that and also the pain from when I twist wrist. Only problem is I will only get sick pay so think I will have to seek compensation.
Got some new bras as I said yesterday and they fit well and almost don't need the fillers!!! (40 B fitting). Have to cut back on the cooking as put on LBs . Open mic (must be Wed) and think my BFF is singing , Happiness as the BFF says XXXXXXXX to every one
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Kendra

I am not as familiar with laws in England but in some jurisdictions being attacked at the workplace by a manager who knows about your medical situation (Gender Dysphoria) might be categorized a hate crime, and is assault and battery regardless.  If they showed a prior pattern of being negative towards your transgender status that is relevant to what happened on 28 Sept.

Quote from: davina61 on September 28, 2018, 02:14:17 PM
Well drama at work, manager asked me to move my car so 2 more could be moved, got out and he beeped horn at me to move forward so I did a mental " for ****** sake " and raised my hands in a sort of shrug. Moved forward and got out my car and found manager facing me with a "totally lost it " face. He grabed my wrist and started screaming at me, I told him to let go as this is assault and shouted to my co-worker that was sat in one off the cars. Then I got dragged across the unit and punched in the face, thrown on the floor and kicked. Well hes not the manager anymore!!!!!!I am OK just a bit bruised  and sore. Think he is suffering from PTSD as he was talking nonsense , doing this in front off his father who has never been to work. Area manager came and took statement , he was nice about it as the dody would have hit the fan if I called police or made a fuss. Think old manager needs help not punishment, not long come back from Afghanistan as a civilian  trainer.

I would be immediately pressing criminal charges and seeking compensation.  Doing so helps protect you, and potentially helps others in the future.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: Kendra on November 14, 2018, 01:03:30 PM
I am not as familiar with laws in England but in some jurisdictions being attacked at the workplace by a manager who knows about your medical situation (Gender Dysphoria) might be categorized a hate crime, and is assault and battery regardless.  If they showed a prior pattern of being negative towards your transgender status that is relevant to what happened on 28 Sept.

I would be immediately pressing criminal charges and seeking compensation.  Doing so helps protect you, and potentially helps others in the future.

Definitely!

That is completely criminal activity. Assault and Battery and more. As Kendra said it may also be classified as a hate crime.
I am not sure how courts rule about military or veterans in the UK, but in the US military personnel with certain hand to hand combat training i.e. a Marine can be held to a higher standard in a court of law. This is specifically due to the thorough training they go through. According to my marine brother-in-law and an ex coworker who was a marine, if a soldier attacks a civilian it is possible that a jury could rule more harshly against them.

You should do everything you can to protect yourself, and make sure you are compensated for the injuries you received. I'm so sorry to her that your injuries are still in rough shape. I am very surprised by you HR Manager's response. That also leaves the company open to legal prosecution and not just the manager that assaulted you.

I hope you heal up alright,
Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•