Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

I feel sorry for the delivery person!!! BFF did well singing (she is a pro) and covered Amy Winehouse Back to Black, her friend Chris on keyboard was in the wrong key as she had got him to wear a long black wig and dark glasses and he couldn't see the display!!!! Ended up getting to bed at 2am (yawn) managed to do a bit on panel left handed, wrist not any better and had trouble pouring a beer (non alcoholic) into a glass last night. Got a letter from Physiotherapy and need to ring them as it is not made clear (says ring after 7 days but after what?) as to when I need to book in. Best bit is it should be at local GPs just up the road. Happy Thanksgiving to those over the ditchXXXXX   
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

davina61

Managed to glue (proper panel adhesive) the n/s wheel arch on the panel van with help as wrist and elbow playing up today. Yes did something to it AT HOME!!! yesterday , daft how a simple thing like opening a door can mess with a joint. Found some beef burgers in freezer yesterday so as its past barbie  weather going to use them as pie filling with added mushrooms and peas. As oven will be on think its CAKE time , apple pie, Bakewell tart depends on how much roll out pastry is left from pie.(can you tell I'm bored) busy mind happy mind!!! 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Bugger have a raging cold, Mum has had a cough this last week and I have been to see her 3 times so not sure if that's where it came from. Woke in the night with stupid cough and this morning severe headache and blocked sinus. Pills cough mixture and Olbas oil have cleared it but still feel like crap. Forgot to reset heater in living room to timer so it toasty , good job!!! Wanted to go and remove clamps from wheel arch on panel van this morning, will have to be tomorrow now, extra curing time wont hurt. Wanted to see my sister as not seen her for months but not taking germs , hope I feel better  for Monday to put wardrobe together
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Donica
Dear Donica:
Wow... you are a busy girl....   
... as I have always said: "Busy people are happy people."
so you must be very happy indeed.

After reading your last several updates I don't know why you are not tired...  you seem to have a lot of energy... working hard, going up and down the stairs in your flat, cooking, etc....

I read that you made an Apple Pie ...  I also made one to bring with me to the Thanksgiving Dinner I attended. 
What I usually do with the leftover "roll out" dough after making pies... is put it in a baking pan, add copious amounts of butter, sugar and cinnamon on top, and bake it... great treat and a good use for leftover dough.

I did read in your yesterday's update that you wrist and elbow are still acting up...  hopefully with the therapy that you are receiving it will be healing up soon. ???   ???

Thank you for keeping all of us tuned into your life endeavors....
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

davina61

Turns out my sister has the same cold as me(sinus, headache ) , she replied to my text " now I know where I got it from" (MUM!!) I replied with well she does like to give and got a ha ha back. Feeling better now. Early bed me thinks XXXXXXXXXX
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on November 24, 2018, 06:11:29 AM
Bugger have a raging cold, Mum has had a cough this last week and I have been to see her 3 times so not sure if that's where it came from. Woke in the night with stupid cough and this morning severe headache and blocked sinus. Pills cough mixture and Olbas oil have cleared it but still feel like crap. Forgot to reset heater in living room to timer so it toasty , good job!!! Wanted to go and remove clamps from wheel arch on panel van this morning, will have to be tomorrow now, extra curing time wont hurt. Wanted to see my sister as not seen her for months but not taking germs , hope I feel better  for Monday to put wardrobe together

Hope your cold is a bit better...they can put a man on the (why can't they put them all there LOL [emoji23] ) but cannot even produce a reasonable cold remedy that really works. Keep wRm, hydrated and full of the life giving power of chocolate!![emoji16]

Hope you feel better

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

A lot better today thanks, managed to go to unit and take clamps of and it stayed put!! Brought home enough tools hopefully to put wardrobe together but its delivery time is anywhere between 8am to 6 pm
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Donica

Oh (sinus, headaches) those are the worse Davina. I found that a little table salt in warm water sniffed up in the sinuses works wonders for me in about half an hour. Any saline solution will work.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

davina61

Have some stuff called Olbas oil (in the UK) that is a powerful decongestant and natural . Have to be carful not to get it on skin as it dries lips and nose. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on November 25, 2018, 02:42:41 PM
Have some stuff called Olbas oil (in the UK) that is a powerful decongestant and natural . Have to be carful not to get it on skin as it dries lips and nose.

I looked up the Olbas Oil and I am pretty sure the last time I had an inhalation it was Olbas oil I used. It was really good for clearing the sinuses...Hope you got the wardrobe all done and are on the mend soon.

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

dont you just love windows, hit space bar and screen froze and only way out was shutdown. Take 2, had the WORST nights sleep ever as felt like I was burning up and feet on fire. Dozed on and of till 2 and then managed to sleep waking at 9 am !!! Will be going back to docs to extend sick leave as nothing has been done to repair my wrist and its still not working (did some stuff to try it the other day and it was sore again for 3 days) but will wait till I have spoken to Physio on Wed morning. Wardrobe not coming till between 3pm and 6. Looks like a job for tomorrow so will be catching up on stuff like getting my name and email changed on a few final things like fuel card, phone company and some forums .
Making Christmas cake as well as that is a very slow bake ,4 1/2 hrs . Have some Brandy soaked fruit but its not enough so might go and get a small bottle and soak some more (might have a shoot to help cold as well) ,time to get dressed and spread my germs around!!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

wardrobe came in 2 boxes, luckily 2 delivery men but they were both knackered by the time they carried them up the stairs!!!! One of the doors is damaged , packaged like that as panels either side are ok. Rang up to get replacement and go disconnected twice, then got whats your name so just gave initial to avoid any awkwardness but then got its ordered by a woman. Have you ever heard the ground open up under someone on the phone after telling them why, she was very apologetic and sorted my door quickly. Christmas cake looks good ,will wrap it up when its cold and feed it brandy over the next few weeks. Just made some Indian recipe ice cream, condensed milk and double cream whipped till just starting to thicken. has saffron milk (1 tbs) and some crushed cardamom seeds in . Pistachio nuts added after 1.5 hrs in freezer 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on November 26, 2018, 01:22:41 PM
wardrobe came in 2 boxes, luckily 2 delivery men but they were both knackered by the time they carried them up the stairs!!!! One of the doors is damaged , packaged like that as panels either side are ok. Rang up to get replacement and go disconnected twice, then got whats your name so just gave initial to avoid any awkwardness but then got its ordered by a woman. Have you ever heard the ground open up under someone on the phone after telling them why, she was very apologetic and sorted my door quickly. Christmas cake looks good ,will wrap it up when its cold and feed it brandy over the next few weeks. Just made some Indian recipe ice cream, condensed milk and double cream whipped till just starting to thicken. has saffron milk (1 tbs) and some crushed cardamom seeds in . Pistachio nuts added after 1.5 hrs in freezer

@davina61
Dear Davina:
I am sorry you are still having issues with your wrist... what do the docs need to do to fix it?   I just can not believe that your company is not doing more for you, after all it was their manager that did the damage to you.

Oh no... you new, long awaited and anticipated WardRobe gets delivered in damaged condition.  I hope that you can get the replacement door in short order. 

Your Christmas Cake preparation sound very tasty.   For the Holiday Season I make Fruit Cake loaves to give to my good friends, and I feed them Rum frequently before they are ready for consumption. 

Thank you for your update... 
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

davina61

Waiting to go for MRI scan so they can see what's up ,don't know how physio can give me exercises if they have no report yet. Good job I have a battery drill/screw driver , started to put drawers together and groves for drawer bottoms don't line up so its a good job my wood work tools are here.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Wardrobe built, good job I had my router though !!!! Modified one of the rails into a shoe bar, well there is a fixing point but its to close and low . Will take a photo when its filled, might just start a lets see your wardrobe thread (or is there one?). Checked on line my wages and time off and found holiday declined not that it mattered as will be back to docs tomorrow and get signed off work again. Cold has just turned into a blocked nose now so on its way .
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Donica

A wardrobe thread could be interesting Davina. Oh, can I barrow your red sweater?  ;D
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

davina61

The red one with the gold threads , no cause wearing it myself this afternoon as weathers a bit naff . Have physio on Friday morning , waiting for doc to ring and extend sick note. Decided to get a fake fireplace/mantle with a flame effect and hot air blower to get rid of the blank wall where the fire would have been. Have a large mirror to fix above it as well as seen in my photos , need to see what sort of wall plugs required.
Update, doc has just signed me off for 4 weeks , trouble is cant afford to live on sick pay so trip to DHS needed cap in hand!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Sat here thinking(always a bad sign!!) need to do something to stop being bored , when this cold has cleared I think its time for voice training . Will do some stuff on camper van as still some welding needed but not much and that is OK on wrist if I take it easy. Need to practice being left handed as well, always thought I was quite ambidextrous till I tried using it all the time. Useless with a whisk -------
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on November 28, 2018, 06:12:23 AM
Sat here thinking(always a bad sign!!) need to do something to stop being bored , when this cold has cleared I think its time for voice training . Will do some stuff on camper van as still some welding needed but not much and that is OK on wrist if I take it easy. Need to practice being left handed as well, always thought I was quite ambidextrous till I tried using it all the time. Useless with a whisk -------

Extended sick leave is never good financially not for ones over all mood either. I hear you about the getting bored. I had to stop working 5 years ago due to illness and I think I was fine for about the first 3 months and then I desperately looking for something to keep my interest up. I hope you can get things sorted out for your sick leave. Learning to be left handed I guess is a matter of practice... take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

I have plenty to keep me occupied, panel van to do and hot rod to build. making a fake hearth for my new fake fire place , need to get an electric saw to cut some wood now. Back to the hardware store , my BFF has some black tiles so that will save a bit and the old wardrobe will donate chip board !! Time to get out off the PJs then.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•