Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Went into motor factors, not been for ages and think I was wearing short wig the only time I have since going full time. Got a raised eyebrow !!! as in full mode but they were fine. Bits for panel van, brush on seam seal and spray stonechip. Saw my lad when went to builders merchants and he is getting the ply needed to go on floor at his discount and he will deliver on Sat. He was fine with me this time , getting use I guess. Today has gone so well I am waiting for something to go wrong, ying/yang as they say. Yesterday was good as well so maybe its new year new start
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I looked and see that Motor factors is an automotive supply company?   I haven't had the need to go to my local merchant since going full time so I wonder how they would respond?  I'll be starting on a project to convert my racer back to street trim and will certainly need some things from them.  I do go to the building supply store all the time without issue!  Apparently a woman who does construction, plumbing and electrical is not out of the norm.  We can do it all!!!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

Have been going there for 30+ years, it has changed owners and names in that time but I still get discount even though not had my own business for 15 years. Well made the Eves pudding and Apricot and Pecan tea loaf this afternoon, have to give it away now!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Stood on scales this morning, now feeling depressed. Have put on 14LB in last 6 months when trying to lose that much plus . So no more cookie and cake bakes  :( so that's more enjoyment gone as I like cooking/baking. Its cold today so thought I would wear the maxi denim skirt I got from charity shop, no way as it wont go round me anymore (more depression) Trouble is the more down I feel the more I want to eat, vicious cycle . Need to tap into some positiveness. BTW I put depressed but more like pissed off!!! Off grocery shopping with mum and auntie and a look around the sales, that might cheer me up. XXXXXXXX
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

JudiBlueEyes

I'm afraid to get too heavy so I've cut back on ice cream, cakes and wine.  Moderation!  I also need to exercise more than I do.  Argh! 

Don't get depressed.  You'll be all right.  I know you enjoy cooking but focus on your other "love" for a bit and work on your panel van as often as you can. 
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

Planning on working on van the next 3 days, will see how the wrist holds up. Needed a battery charger for my new cordless circler saw as bought a bare unit thinking the battery's from my drill would fit,ended up getting new correct battery but they didn't have a charger. That's £104 and cant order it till the 9th!!  so had a look in catalogue and found drill set with bat and charger, bits , screwdriver and tips etc for £125 . Barging , spare drill , ratchet screwdriver, drill bits and all for just £20 more than a charger on its own. Talking to aunty in toilets in pub lunchtime, she said here daughter in law (staff nurse!) said which toilet does HE use. Aunty told her ladies as I pass till I speak, she said she pulled a face . Stupid cow------ Defo need to work on voice
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

JudiBlueEyes

"Aunty told her ladies as I pass till I speak, she said she pulled a face . Stupid cow------ Defo need to work on voice"

At least you heard it from a friendly source.  Voice seems to be the last big hurdle we face.  I know I slip up.  :(
Just another goal for your resolutions list!
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

Good news, I have fixed my wrist!! Doing physio exercise yesterday morning (was bad day before) when as lifting hand as far as it would bend back just happened to press down on top of wrist with thumb. Klonk , bang and the out of place bone that's been the cause of the problem appears to have popped back into place. OK wrist still clunky but pain gone and no numb fingers. done 2 days work on van and no discomfort. Will see doc on Tues and see what he thinks. Went to the pub (the one that does Wed open mc) as band on. Brill and the had the saxophonist with them this time . Not sure if I was getting hit on but this older bloke zoned in on me, as we were stood by band couldn't hear him anyway!! Off to carpet warehouse tomorrow   looking for off cut or end of roll for camper floor, dragging mother with me.Used steamer to cook tea last night, should have used it before as the difference in taste over boiled is wonderful .
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on January 06, 2019, 11:06:50 AM
Good news, I have fixed my wrist!! Doing physio exercise yesterday morning (was bad day before) when as lifting hand as far as it would bend back just happened to press down on top of wrist with thumb. Klonk , bang and the out of place bone that's been the cause of the problem appears to have popped back into place. OK wrist still clunky but pain gone and no numb fingers. done 2 days work on van and no discomfort. Will see doc on Tues and see what he thinks. Went to the pub (the one that does Wed open mc) as band on. Brill and the had the saxophonist with them this time . Not sure if I was getting hit on but this older bloke zoned in on me, as we were stood by band couldn't hear him anyway!! Off to carpet warehouse tomorrow   looking for off cut or end of roll for camper floor, dragging mother with me.Used steamer to cook tea last night, should have used it before as the difference in taste over boiled is wonderful .

Great to hear you have some improvement with your wrist...its been a long time healing.  Sounds like pub guy was hitting on you and why not!!!...sounds like a pretty positive moment.  ;D

I agree with you...steamed anything always seems to have more flavour. I always seem to get my timings wrong with vege in the steamer and its either too hard or soggy. A little more practice might help me LOL

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Oh, wonderful news Davina!!!  I'm happy it just popped back in place.  Now don't go about overdoing it and straining yourself!
In living every day.
  •  

Kendra

Yes that is wonderful news!  If I ever break my hand I'll ask you to repair it. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Be careful Kendra, she'd probably want to weld it!
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

MIG it or TIG it that's the question , there again a bit of brazing would polish up well!!!! Got some vinyl floor covering this morning, as soon as I saw it across the warehouse I knew it was the one. Oak flooring effect to go with the oak doors I am using on units.  Want to go and fit it NOW but by the time I have changed and got to my unit will only have 1 1/2 hrs so will have to wait till Thurs. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Went to see consultant this morning, appointment was for 10.10 but they only had 1 doc on for 33 patients and it was 1.15 by the time I got seen . Good old NHS , understaffed . They did come round with drinks and sandwiches, anyway  MRI scan shows torn ligament and not that bad that it needs operation. Told them I had got bone to go back into place and he said it could come out again due to weak ligament . Called in at work and met the new manager , told him I would be back on Tuesday.
Had to trim the breast forms again, much more comfy now!! barely  1/2 inch thick now.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Donica

Wow! That is a long time to wait for an appointment Davina. That was very nice of them to bring drinks and sandwiches. We sometimes have to wait that long too but they don't bring sandwiches. They will offer water.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

davina61

Folk knock the NHS but you cant fault the staff given what they have to deal with. Went out with mum and aunty again, picked up 3 tops in charity shop two of which are new as still have retail labels on. Not bad getting a top marked up as 22.50 for 4.50 (both new ones!) , also found some damp proof (rubberised ) curtain liner that will make base of van bed cushions for 4.50. Also got called lady a lot!!!! Its Wed open mic night again so shower in a bit, not sure what to wear but might be the poppy pattern skirt I got last week. Freezing  tonight so need some layers on, leggings under skirt for sure.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Quote from: davina61 on January 09, 2019, 01:01:30 PM
Folk knock the NHS but you cant fault the staff given what they have to deal with. Went out with mum and aunty again, picked up 3 tops in charity shop two of which are new as still have retail labels on. Not bad getting a top marked up as 22.50 for 4.50 (both new ones!) , also found some damp proof (rubberised ) curtain liner that will make base of van bed cushions for 4.50. Also got called lady a lot!!!! Its Wed open mic night again so shower in a bit, not sure what to wear but might be the poppy pattern skirt I got last week. Freezing  tonight so need some layers on, leggings under skirt for sure.

Good shopping + you are a lady so expect the comments and if you don't get them then sort them out with a really hard stare and attitude.
Sorry to hear about the ligament - they take ages if at all to get back to strength. Make sure if it doesn't get better in another 12 weeks to go back and complain, and you don't need to be lady like for that bit.
Looking forward to seeing you at the UK meet up together with all the girls. Hopefully I wont have a 3am to bed the night before again...

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*              :angel: :angel: :angel: ^-^ ^-^ ;D ;D :( :( :D :D :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on January 09, 2019, 01:01:30 PM

Don't you just love a bargain....there is nothing quite like some stranger affirmation to make a girl feel good. I love the leggings and skirt combination and more recently I have been "forced" to wear predominantly skirts due to the plumbing rewire. I found leggings soft enough and with enough give(unlike jeans) to still remain comfortable...makes even my legs look great LOL

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

I must say have missed you all. back at work so managed to log on in lunch break. TBH not a lot has happened over the weekend but did get to make a washboard for music night. Trouble is cant find any thimbles big enough !!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Shy

Glad the wrist is getting better Davina :)

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •