Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandrauk and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

davina61

Strange how things work out, shopping this morning and saw a pot of soft cheese on the reduced shelf . Do I don't I but ended up with it any way. Looked up a recipe for chicken and leek pie, most said crème fraise but one said soft cheese, see  strange how things work out . Got some worktop and ply for panel van , found some white plastic edging that's for floor/wall tiles that fits edge of a ply sheet to hide the laminate. well its oak pattern floor, oak doors, beech worktop, white painted panels and roof with oak trims and silver end caps on work top. Sounds a mishmash but its mine and I don't have to please any one else!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

davina61

Got the sofa delivered this morning, eldest text me he could do it so the ex and my 2 lads brought it over so mad rush to clean!!!!. Its brown leather with electric recliners and better for my back. managed to get the overhead unit done on bus, took a pic just for Laurie but phone wont play ball with computer.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Bit of a pissy day , didn't get a lunch break till 3.45 and then only as I complained . If I don't have a break then I start to suffer , vision gets blurry a bit (well find it harder to focus on small stuff) and I get ratty and lose concentration . I know just getting old, a 15min sit down  and food fixes it and no the diabetes test is clear. Anyway felt OK after food , drive home did my head in being stuck behind some dick doing 35mph (in a 60 limit) . Got past them and then 3miles later another one worse  than the first . Then no parking space at home , looks like the folk that moved in at weekend have more than 1 car (! space allocated per flat) and to top it all bit the inside of my mouth eating. On the plus side my divorce is now final , guess that makes me old ,free, and single!!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Congrats on being free!  Sounds like the new neighbors need a speaking to about parking.  You might contact the management if you don't feel comfortable. 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

Yes had to phone agents today as a light switch broke and I said what about parking spaces, we shall see. Bloody cold in my unit today even with heater, thick rain on the way back home!!!  Just made a pumpkin curry to use up the 2/3 left over , taking some to work tomorrow.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Shy

Quote from: davina61 on January 29, 2019, 11:38:33 AM
Yes had to phone agents today as a light switch broke and I said what about parking spaces, we shall see. Bloody cold in my unit today even with heater, thick rain on the way back home!!!  Just made a pumpkin curry to use up the 2/3 left over , taking some to work tomorrow.

Pumpkin curry sound just about right for this little cold snap. Got the heated blanket out for the first time tonight.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

davina61

Was warming, forgot the chilli powder was a hot one!!!! and put recipe worth in not 1/2 measure.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Shy on January 29, 2019, 04:41:37 PM
Pumpkin curry sound just about right for this little cold snap. Got the heated blanket out for the first time tonight.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
@Shy
Dear Sadie:
Instead of an electric blanket,  I purchased a heated mattress pad when I relocated here.... I like it much better than a heated blanket, the heat comes from the bottom instead of the top.... and it feels so good if I have sore back muscles.   I usually turn it on high about a half hour before bedtime so the bed is nice and toasty then I back it off to a lower setting so I don't sweat to death!!!!   
I usually (but not always) will use it from the month of September through the  month thru April.

Hugs and stay warm!!!
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on January 31, 2019, 02:29:43 PM
Was warming, forgot the chilli powder was a hot one!!!! and put recipe worth in not 1/2 measure.

@davina61
Dear Davina:
Well, that is one way to warm you up on a cold day!!!  ;) :o

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

davina61

Its slow cooker chicken and leek tomorrow night and soup made from it for Sat work
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

JudiBlueEyes

@Alaskan Danielle said "Instead of an electric blanket,  I purchased a heated mattress pad when I relocated here.... I like it much better than a heated blanket, the heat comes from the bottom instead of the top.... "

This is what I have.  I love it!  A half hour at a light setting is all it takes to knock the chill out. 

I love chili powder too!
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

I have a very high tog rated duvet, turned the heat off in bedroom as getting to hot in bed. Little bit of snow overnight, roads clear but the way folk are driving you would think we had a foot deep!!!! OK so I am old enough to have seen and driven in deep snow , not had much in the UK for a long time. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Still about , my internet keeps vanishing
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Have conjunctivitis in my right eye, drops from doc and been of work today. Have been trying to post but internet keeps going and as I just nearly finished the keyboard froze , a definite GGGGRRRRRRR . Went to see band on Sat night that the lady that does open mic on Wed sings in. The usual suspects were there as well so knew a lot of audience . As band fired up for 2nd set I had a tambourine slid down the table to me by singer!!! Went for it and got encouragement from audience and from folk I don't know. Must have done OK as did the whole set, songs they did Rock and Roll, Mustang Sally, Son of a Preacher man  , Proud Mary and other such numbers.       
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Me again, posted that quick in case connection went again. As both my new bras where in the wash I got out an old one that I wore with breast forms , don't need the forms anymore to fill them yippee. Cooking- made beef Korma yesterday, Ginger snap cookies this morning for one of the managers at work and a Thai chicken curry for tea . Indian bread pudding for afters.   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on February 04, 2019, 02:05:54 PM
Me again, posted that quick in case connection went again. As both my new bras where in the wash I got out an old one that I wore with breast forms , don't need the forms anymore to fill them yippee. Cooking- made beef Korma yesterday, Ginger snap cookies this morning for one of the managers at work and a Thai chicken curry for tea . Indian bread pudding for afters.

@davina61
Dear Davina:
That is such and affirming experience for you to fill out your bras without breast forms...  Yippee!!!

I love reading what you share about your cooking and baking activities.  As you know, I also love to cook and bake, usually give much of it away otherwise I would certainly have difficulty fitting into my present sizes of clothing if I ate it all.

It was great to hear about your outing to see a band on Saturday and then get offered to play a tambourine!!!  Good for you!!  Lots of fun for sure.

Oh my, I hope that your eye conjunctivitis (Pink Eye) is taken care of now... that is so uncomfortable for sure.

Thanks for sharing, I hope that your internet connection stays on now.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: davina61 on February 04, 2019, 01:53:48 PM
As band fired up for 2nd set I had a tambourine slid down the table to me by singer!!! Went for it and got encouragement from audience and from folk I don't know. Must have done OK as did the whole set, songs they did Rock and Roll, Mustang Sally, Son of a Preacher man  , Proud Mary and other such numbers.     

Wow!  You're getting well known as a talented accompanist.  Who would have thought!  Cool!
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

Frustrated drummer dear!!! When I retire might get a drum kit.  Eye still bad but getting better so looks like back to work tomorrow. Hot Rod club tonight , get there early as they are having a meal (Chinese of some sort made by pub chef) so doing my nails in a bit. Happy Chinese new year to all the pigs out there!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Jessica

Quote from: davina61 on February 05, 2019, 09:37:15 AM
Frustrated drummer dear!!! When I retire might get a drum kit.  Eye still bad but getting better so looks like back to work tomorrow. Hot Rod club tonight , get there early as they are having a meal (Chinese of some sort made by pub chef) so doing my nails in a bit. Happy Chinese new year to all the pigs out there!!!

Happy Chinese New Year!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

davina61

Well no food at pub so had a packet of crisps for tea!!!! Back to work today , got to 2 pm and had to come home as eye and headache got to much. Feeling giddy and sick, poor focus (due to wonky eye) and diesel fumes stinging as well . by the time I got home (1/2 hr) I had recovered quite a bit but still groggy . Hope I feel well enough to go to open mic tonight. The girls are well sore today, very tender all over so hope its another growth spurt. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•