Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudiBlueEyes

Sanding filler is not my favorite either!  I prefer to put on less and feather then add more to build it up to where it needs to be.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

This is what I have been building in my spare time for the last3 months or so.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@davina61
Dear Davina:
Wow, very nice workman  workwomanship.   
Based on all of your recent postings I am wondering when you had the time to do all of this????

Again, looks very nice.
Thank you for sharing,
HUGS,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

davina61

On my days off I get 4 to 5 hrs on it , that's why its taken me 14 months so far. That's all the welding (lots) modifying the steering to rack and drop spindles with disc brakes . Still have loads to do, servo for brakes, uprate engine and box, paint, interior to finish, seats and a thousand and one jobs I cant think of . Then I start on my hot rod!!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

So this morning went to my unit early and my cousin D was not up yet when some bloke stuck his head around the door and asked if D was about. I said knock on his door , he asked me are you his WIFE !!! total male fail !!! and after I had spoke to him (might be the next " should have gone to Specsavers " ad). wearing my old work clothes, sweat shirt and work trousers and no make up YES!!!!!  Mind you if he had seen me later after using a wire brush in an angle grinder to remove dirt and under seal from wheel arches on the panel van thing would have been different ----------- Right off for a much needed shower and up to see BFF (she needs company and not vodka) to watch Eurovision Song Contest 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on May 18, 2019, 12:00:07 PM
So this morning went to my unit early and my cousin D was not up yet when some bloke stuck his head around the door and asked if D was about. I said knock on his door , he asked me are you his WIFE !!! total male fail !!! and after I had spoke to him (might be the next " should have gone to Specsavers " ad). wearing my old work clothes, sweat shirt and work trousers and no make up YES!!!!!  Mind you if he had seen me later after using a wire brush in an angle grinder to remove dirt and under seal from wheel arches on the panel van thing would have been different ----------- Right off for a much needed shower and up to see BFF (she needs company and not vodka) to watch Eurovision Song Contest
@davina61
Dear Davina:
Wow.... what a terrific experience for sure...   !!!!!
Wishing you more male-fail in the future.

Thank you for sharing.
HUGS,

Danielle

•  

Faith

What a wonderful thing to read just before I go to bed. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

davina61

Just got back from watching the Dell Ray Rockers, rockabilly band, they did Wipeout into Johnny B Good into ? into Surfing Bird and back through and mix up . Then did tune from Kill Bill. Off to open mic now, need some enjoyment as its back to work  :( tomorrow.**%^^^^* 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Stepheewt

Davina,
            I just spent a bunch of time reading through your Diary. Fantastic stuff. You are very brave and inspirational. Also very good with your hands. The last post about getting a male fail was just awesome. Great stuff.
Always look forward because the past will never change.
  •  

davina61

Thanks dear , glad it kept you entertained. I just say it as it is and that's why my BFF likes me (she is the same) . Quiet at open mic last night, got asked to washboard with the one act and played the Cahoon with brushes that got the thumbs up. Work today and don't feel like I have been off, never mind I have a glass of red waiting!!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

So had to cook some veg before it ended in the bin , made a dry veg curry, carrot , sweet potato, cauliflower , broad beans and peas. Then courgette and fenugreek seed curry . Dessert apples going off as well so made a crumble. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Quite at open mic but managed to join in , wore a skirt and ended up playing the Cajon a lot and its not a good look sat on the box, knees apart and reaching down to play with a midi skirt in the way and still being "modest"!!!! Got a painful hip today, had to get in and out off a sports car 5+ times yesterday and as I had to drop in the seat due to leg not bending think I have pulled a muscle  or stressed the joint. It was ok till I had to get in a Jag XK8  and that was awkward . Hope its good after a nights rest. Now its warmed up only wearing a polo shirt up top (bra on!!) and the nips are getting bashed and sore.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: davina61 on May 23, 2019, 01:29:53 PM
Quite at open mic but managed to join in , wore a skirt and ended up playing the Cajon a lot and its not a good look sat on the box, knees apart and reaching down to play with a midi skirt in the way and still being "modest"!!!! Got a painful hip today, had to get in and out off a sports car 5+ times yesterday and as I had to drop in the seat due to leg not bending think I have pulled a muscle  or stressed the joint. It was ok till I had to get in a Jag XK8  and that was awkward . Hope its good after a nights rest. Now its warmed up only wearing a polo shirt up top (bra on!!) and the nips are getting bashed and sore.

Evenin' just wanted to say hello, and I've enjoyed reading your thread  :) take care with the hip...

Cynthia -
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@davina61
Dear Davina:
Thanks for your update....
OH YES, a woman has to be aware of what she is wearing and what she will be doing....... 
at least you had a longer skirt on which helped you to stay modest....
..just imagine if you would have worn a shorter skirt or dress. :o :o ::) ::)

So sorry to read about your sore hip, sore muscle, etc....   a body is like a car, when it is a little older, things don't quite work as well as they once did!!!   

Oh my... getting your boobs and nips bashed and sore....  perhaps a suit of armor would be good in some of your various jobs ;)...

Thanks for your update, I am always eager to read about your life and times as you feel so led to report them.
Write again soon.........
HUGS,
Danielle

Quote from: davina61 on May 23, 2019, 01:29:53 PM

•  

davina61

Took some pain killers and managed OK today, just caught me out a couple of times and its working out like a bruise . 
J , the customer service adviser at work said he was going to call me D from now on. We had a laugh as he was looking at a lady in reception "remarking" on her figure and said I shouldn't be saying things like that in front of you!! The conversation turned to breasts so I gave mine a push up and got "we had noticed"!!  Made them (that's the 2 in reception) squirm when I said well they are a C cup and still growing . I am naughty , its my wicked humour----
Have the next 3 days off , my youngest will want a hand replacing front fork seals on his R1 though . Have a microphone cake to make as well before Wednesday  and yes I will take photo
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

@davina61
Dear Davina:
Aside from the pain killers and injuries, you certainly lead an interesting life...
I am always looking forward to finding out what you are doing... repairs, injuries, cooking and baking, music, new clothes, etc.
Please continue to keep your threads updates...  your follower and I want to know!!!!
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: davina61 on May 24, 2019, 03:00:36 PM
Took some pain killers and managed OK today, just caught me out a couple of times and its working out like a bruise . 
J , the customer service adviser at work said he was going to call me D from now on. We had a laugh as he was looking at a lady in reception "remarking" on her figure and said I shouldn't be saying things like that in front of you!! The conversation turned to breasts so I gave mine a push up and got "we had noticed"!!  Made them (that's the 2 in reception) squirm when I said well they are a C cup and still growing . I am naughty , its my wicked humour----
Have the next 3 days off , my youngest will want a hand replacing front fork seals on his R1 though . Have a microphone cake to make as well before Wednesday  and yes I will take photo

•  

davina61

Well made the swiss roll for the body of the microphone cake, first time making a whisk mix and over cooked it slightly so it cracked when I rolled it( also rolled it from the short side ) . Anyways woke up stupid early so tried to make black roll out icing, best I got was grey so have covered it in black food colour and I just hope it dries!! For the top I made a cherry sponge in a small bowl and have covered that in orange icing and  food colouring . Off to work on panel now, have my LARGE flask of coffee and a BLT panini roll. Did nothing to it yesterday as ended up helping my youngest replace fork seals on his R1 , upside is I have a clean bench and tidyish work space!!!! 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

@davina61
Dear Davina:
I just love reading about your baking adventures combined with your vehicle repair tasks!!!  ;) :o

Your microphone cake... don't worry about how it cracked when trying to roll it.... copious amounts of frosting covers all the imperfections, I am certain that it turned out well and tastes very good also.
    Hmmm....  I am wondering where the picture is of your finished microphone cake? ???

Thank you for sharing and posting.
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: davina61 on May 26, 2019, 03:02:52 AM
Well made the swiss roll for the body of the microphone cake, first time making a whisk mix and over cooked it slightly so it cracked when I rolled it( also rolled it from the short side ) . Anyways woke up stupid early so tried to make black roll out icing, best I got was grey so have covered it in black food colour and I just hope it dries!! For the top I made a cherry sponge in a small bowl and have covered that in orange icing and  food colouring . Off to work on panel now, have my LARGE flask of coffee and a BLT panini roll. Did nothing to it yesterday as ended up helping my youngest replace fork seals on his R1 , upside is I have a clean bench and tidyish work space!!!!

•  

davina61

Not finished yet and the black colour wont dry, may need to get some vodka and mix it . My daughter did the cakes she decorated that way. Just made pulled "pork" using jack fruit, very tasty (hot spicy) and has the texture of pulled pork .

My lad took over my workshop again as part turned up to fit modified front brake master cylinder so didn't get to do much on panel (again) but made a jewellery stand while I waited for him to finish.  Hopefully get some done tomorrow.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Just assembled the microphone cake, its a bit (lot!) phallic and not as well finished as I hoped but its just a bit of FUN .
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•