Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Nick Cave - A god in every sense of the word

Started by Mangothedog, July 10, 2017, 10:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangothedog

Does anyone else here enjoy this mans music? As an Australian it probably sounds biased to say he's my favourite musician but damn.....

I unno, if I were to rate his discography it would look something like this:

- Tender Prey
- Let Love In
- The Boatman's Call
- From Her To Eternity
- Push the Sky Away
- Henry's Dream
- Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus 
- Murder Ballads
- Kicking Against the Pricks
- The Good Son
- Your Funeral My Trial
- Skeleton Tree
- The Firstborn is Dead
- No More Shall We Part
- Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
- Nocturama

I'm just infatuated with the man and his music...
  •  

N A

I have only one God and that is David Bowie, but as for musicians... I'll admit Nick Cave's pretty good. Let Love In might be my favorite of his albums. Skeleton Tree too, although it's pretty heavy to listen to, knowing the background and all.

•  

Mangothedog

Quote from: N A on July 11, 2017, 11:01:13 AM
I have only one God and that is David Bowie, but as for musicians... I'll admit Nick Cave's pretty good. Let Love In might be my favorite of his albums. Skeleton Tree too, although it's pretty heavy to listen to, knowing the background and all.

Oh yeah well liking David Bowie is a no-brainer, Diamond Dogs is my favourite album, just captures the transition between Ziggy Stardust and the Thin White Duke so perfectly :)
  •  

N A

Quote from: Mangothedog on July 11, 2017, 08:15:48 PM
Oh yeah well liking David Bowie is a no-brainer, Diamond Dogs is my favourite album, just captures the transition between Ziggy Stardust and the Thin White Duke so perfectly :)

Diamonds are a girl's best friend, dog is a man's best friend, and David Bowie is the best friend for us who are stuck somewhere in between  ;D

I like Diamond Dogs too, it's probably my favorite right after his top five which for me comprises Aladdin Sane, Young Americans, Station to Station, Scary Monsters and Let's Dance. And yes, I'm serious about putting Let's Dance up there.

Sorry off topic though.
  •  

Mangothedog

Quote from: N A on July 11, 2017, 11:02:37 PM
Diamonds are a girl's best friend, dog is a man's best friend, and David Bowie is the best friend for us who are stuck somewhere in between  ;D

I like Diamond Dogs too, it's probably my favorite right after his top five which for me comprises Aladdin Sane, Young Americans, Station to Station, Scary Monsters and Let's Dance. And yes, I'm serious about putting Let's Dance up there.

Sorry off topic though.

Oh Let's Dance is for sure up there don't worry, especially when the video clip for the album's namesake was filmed in Australia :)

Diamond Dogs > Heroes > Low > Alladin Sane > Hunky Dory

that sums up my top 5
  •  

N A

Quote from: Mangothedog on July 12, 2017, 01:24:18 AM
Diamond Dogs > Heroes > Low > Alladin Sane > Hunky Dory

that sums up my top 5

That's a good list too!
  •