Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Am I missing a plugin for the chat?

Started by Colonel_Panic, July 11, 2017, 05:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel_Panic

I can't see the chat applet. I thought it was because of ublock origin but I have it disabled now, and still nothing.

I can see where in the page it's meant to load but there's just an empty space there.
  •  

Devlyn

I forwarded your question to the Chat Staff.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Colonel_Panic

•  

JennyBear

I'm having the same issue. All I can see when I click the chat link is the Chat heading, followed by the buttons Share, Tweet, Tweet (again,) G+, and a pagebreak symbol. Not sure what's going on. While I know staff is busy with lots of issues, any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate the possibility of missing out helping someone that needs a sympathetic ear due to technical issues.

HUGS!
"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got. I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block."
  •  

Dena

Chat is down hard and I am pretty sure somebody is aware of it. I don't know what the repair status is however should I hear something, I will let you know.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Lady Sarah

Using my tablet, I have never been able to connect to chat. Is it something that can only be done on a computer?
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Dena

I was able to connect with my iPhone however it wasn't easy to use with a pocket sized screen. Chat is back up and has been for a few hours.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

JennyBear

Quote from: Dena on October 11, 2017, 09:05:41 PM
I was able to connect with my iPhone however it wasn't easy to use with a pocket sized screen. Chat is back up and has been for a few hours.

It's still not working/showing up as blank for me. Maybe it doesn't like Firefox?

HUGS!
"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got. I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block."
  •  

Dena

I believe that Susan uses Fire fox but I think she uses a chat program instead of the browser interface. If your using chat a lot, a dedicated program would probably be a better choice.
  •  

JennyBear

Quote from: Dena on October 11, 2017, 10:52:55 PM
I believe that Susan uses Fire fox but I think she uses a chat program instead of the browser interface. If your using chat a lot, a dedicated program would probably be a better choice.

I haven't been able to access it since joining the site a week ago. I'll give it a try on explorer and see if that fixes the issue.

HUGS!
  •  

Susan

Tested in multiple browsers, all working, including from my cell phone browser.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

JennyBear

It's working on my explorer, must be a java issue with my Firefox.
  •