Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Taking care of your hair and growing it out.

Started by Julia1996, July 13, 2017, 07:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on August 18, 2018, 09:44:56 AM
My stylist said that it is not good to wash hair too often, just keep it clean.
It is hard to over condition hair though.

Chrissy
Quote from: gingerViktorKay on August 18, 2018, 09:59:02 AM
Conditioner is a mild cleanser and if someone does not use a lot of products it is possible to skip the shampoo day and replace it with conditioning instead. I also condition my hair at the start of my shower and rinse it at the very end. I heard that letting the conditioner absorb really helps. I know that it helped me. I don't know if it helps hair to grow, but it certainly helps with split ends.
I've been using a cleansing conditioner almost exclusively for a couple months now after I finally found one that's not $25 a pop. Its by Pantene,  but it was hard to find in a store.  I'll use a shampoo if I feel its really dirty bit otherwise haven't.
My hair seems fuller since then.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Donica

What's your favorite hair spray? I know it better to use products like mousse to hold hair in place. But some days, I'm either in a hurry or I'm just lazy. I want a good hair spray for a quick getaway. Just comb, spray and done. Out the door I go.

Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Donica on September 08, 2018, 10:21:37 AM
What's your favorite hair spray? I know it better to use products like mousse to hold hair in place. But some days, I'm either in a hurry or I'm just lazy. I want a good hair spray for a quick getaway. Just comb, spray and done. Out the door I go.

Donica.

I like the TRESemme brand Expert Selection Heat Activated Treatment Keratin Smooth Seven Day Smooth System pump spray.  Best with flat iron, keeps hair straight longer also.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: TonyaW on August 18, 2018, 01:08:39 PM. . . finally found one that's not $25 a pop. Its by Pantene

Tonya have also rediscovered Pantene's Moisturizing shampoo formula used to use it years ago, when sold in round, standup colored bottle, as it doesn't strip out all the oil from my otherwise very dry and fine, hard to detangle hair! Have found coloring one's hair also helps to make it stronger, more manageable suppose it's time to let all those grays go again!

Kroger & Publix have it (and sometimes Dollar General!) ps: do ya think a hair-stylist would think me NUTS if I brought them my listed cartoon avatar and told 'em "yes, I'd like it cut just like that?"
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Kiera on September 09, 2018, 05:52:31 AM
        Tonya have also rediscovered Pantene's Moisturizing shampoo formula used to use it years ago, when sold in round, standup colored bottle, as it doesn't strip out all the oil from my otherwise very dry and fine, hard to detangle hair! Have found coloring one's hair also helps to make it stronger, more manageable suppose it's time to let all those grays go again!

Kroger & Publix have it (and sometimes Dollar General!) ps: do ya think a hair-stylist would think me NUTS if I brought them my listed cartoon avatar and told 'em "yes, I'd like it cut just like that?"

I doubt they would think you're nuts. I've had people bring me all manor of pictures. I have yet to have someone bring me a cartoon picture but I did once have a woman bring me a sketch of the cut she wanted. She was an artist and she thought it would be easier to just sketch what she wanted than to try to describe it.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Julia1996 on September 09, 2018, 07:28:58 AMI have yet . . .

OMG I forgot! If were to magically re-appear in Denver one day would I need an appointment? 'Ex' says knows of a 'gay' hairdresser in nearby PTC Georgia but then again, been procrastinating, still need more length to work with . . .  ???

Besides, despite what she says, Am Not 'Gay' . . .
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •