Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

My Very Own HRT thread!

Started by Maddie86, July 17, 2017, 09:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Hi Maddie
Its great to hear you enjoying the changes you are experiencing on HRT. I was terrified I would get no real effect from the E because I had T floating around my system  for so long I really couldn't see it would make any real difference to me. How wrong was I  ;D

Eating is possible the toughest for me, I have a sweet tooth anyway but the change of taste I have experienced has made it very hard for me to leave chocolate alone. Since starting HRT I have put on 6+kgs....Good luck with the weight loss.

It a pity your insurance won't cover you but it sounds like the cost is reasonable without it. Not having them cover any trans stuff could be problematic down the track? Hope not

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: RobynTx on August 14, 2017, 09:51:28 AM
Congrats on everything.

I'm not far behind you in terms of start dates of HRT.  I have noticed some mental changes.  It's hard to describe but things seem quieter in my head.  My skin does feel a little softer but I don't know how much of that is from the change in body wash and from the HRT.  I have noticed that the pores on my nose are smaller and look better.  I have had the testicular pain as well but it hasn't bothered me all that much.

Good luck.

thanks! I bet your skin changes are from the HRT, not the bodywash, with me my skin was the first change I noticed! 9 days into it I looked in the mirror and my skin was so much healthier looking!
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: kellypinkbunny on August 14, 2017, 02:03:16 PM
maddie if you don't mind me asking how tall are you ? i'm 5 10 1/2 and my weight is about the same as yours. thank you
i'm 5' 11"!
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: ElizabethK on August 14, 2017, 06:20:21 PM
Hi Maddie
Its great to hear you enjoying the changes you are experiencing on HRT. I was terrified I would get no real effect from the E because I had T floating around my system  for so long I really couldn't see it would make any real difference to me. How wrong was I  ;D

Eating is possible the toughest for me, I have a sweet tooth anyway but the change of taste I have experienced has made it very hard for me to leave chocolate alone. Since starting HRT I have put on 6+kgs....Good luck with the weight loss.

It a pity your insurance won't cover you but it sounds like the cost is reasonable without it. Not having them cover any trans stuff could be problematic down the track? Hope not

omg, i've been craving so much chocolate lately! and I've been buying the more expensive stuff too, the bars that are like $3 or so. I'm hoping that spending more on it will make me want to savor it and not eat it too fast lol
  •  

Dena

If you want to slow down your chocolate consumption, freeze it and melt it in your mouth. Freezing it make it last far longer so you get your chocolate fix without using as much. As for me, the cheap stuff works just fine. I keep a bag of Kisses in the freezer and grab a few when I want chocolate.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Dena on August 14, 2017, 07:45:37 PM
If you want to slow down your chocolate consumption, freeze it and melt it in your mouth. Freezing it make it last far longer so you get your chocolate fix without using as much. As for me, the cheap stuff works just fine. I keep a bag of Kisses in the freezer and grab a few when I want chocolate.

Here in Australia chocolate won't last to long so we always put in in the fridge to prevent it, but I have never thought to freeze it...great idea...Oh yeah!!! frozen Cadbury chocolate on a hot day...droooooool or any day for that matter
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: ElizabethK on August 15, 2017, 04:22:02 AM
Here in Australia chocolate won't last to long so we always put in in the fridge to prevent it, but I have never thought to freeze it...great idea...Oh yeah!!! frozen Cadbury chocolate on a hot day...droooooool or any day for that matter

I also keep mine in the fridge, at least during the summer.  I get the dark chocolate Lindt bars that are at least 85% cocoa.  Those ones are actually good for you.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: AnneK on August 15, 2017, 11:05:03 AM
I also keep mine in the fridge, at least during the summer.  I get the dark chocolate Lindt bars that are at least 85% cocoa.  Those ones are actually good for you.
Did you ever try the Lindt 99%?  Wow!  Goes great with an espresso.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

KayXo

I notice I crave chocolate when my E levels are too low. :( A common manifestation in women days before their periods, when hormone levels begin to drop. I LOVE dark chocolate!!!
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 15, 2017, 01:24:02 PM

No, I've never seen higher than 90%, which is my usual.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

RobynTx

•  

RobynD

Interesting i never have craved sweets on HRT at all. Sort of the opposite, the things i do crave are savory/salty stuff like chips, salsa, pickles, kimchee, cheese etc. Eggs, wow eggs are my new favorite food, i eat them so often.

When i do decide to have a sweet though it is invariably chocolate.

•  

LizK

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 15, 2017, 01:24:02 PM

Goes even better with more Lindt ... ;D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on August 15, 2017, 04:22:02 AM

Cadbury is good yes, But I've been enjoying my frozen Ghiradelli flavored chocolates one square at a time lately. The cherry is wonderful.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Maddie86

hehe I love that this turned into a chocolate thread, that's so funny!

yesterday I bought a Cadbury fruit and nut milk chocolate bar, it has raisins and almonds and I just put it in the freezer, can't wait to try it frozen!

also, next week my mom is going on vacation to Ocean City and she's going to bring me back fudge from Candy Kitchen, it's amazing and I'm going to have to work out super hard that week lol
  •  

Dena

DO NOT freeze the fudge. It's very critical to maintain the correct crystal structure and water balance. Get this wrong and the flavor will remain the same but the texture will be destroyed.

As for the candy bars, the almonds are mostly oil so freezing them shouldn't be a problem. The raisins might be a little on the hard side so bite carefully.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

LizK

Did the frozen chocolate bar....a fine idea!!!...just took me a bit longer to get through the block...your are right, it does last longer LOL I think the real issue here for me, is one of restraint or lack there of. ;D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Maddie86

so tomorrow starts my 6th week, and so far I've felt no new physical changes, and nothing new on the mental front either. I was actually feeling a bit masculine over the last week because of work, and then I got fro-yo with a friend on friday night and I was in the middle of talking to her and then I stopped and pointed out some pretty clouds and I actually started to tear up!! it was pretty funny, she's one of my best friends and is super supportive about my transition but she did yell at me to stop lol

as for the weight, I'm stuck at 208 for the 3rd week in a row!! grrrr! I really need to focus on this more, but I have less energy because I've been working overtime and it's at the point in this job where I just don't care anymore, I've got no motivation because I know this job is ending soon. I really wanted to be down to 200lbs by labor day and at this point I just don't think I'm gunna make it. Hopefully I can get down to 200 by september 15th, that's my next appointment with the gender doctor and hopefully he will increase my estrogen dose then!

I had my 2nd electrolysis session this week. I need to figure out a way to speed this up, the woman I see has a full schedule. I had one hour long session last month, one this week, then my next appointment isn't until the end of October. I might try to find someone within an hour's drive that can work on me more often, I'd like an hour every two weeks if possible! I tried one laser session back in May and I just don't think that it's going to work with the color of my facial hair, so electrolysis it is

oh and I got some good chocolate this week and put it in the freezer, I def like the freezer trick! I got a dark chocolate bar that's spiced with ancho chiles and it has dried cherries in it, yum!
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Maddie86 on August 20, 2017, 09:28:50 PM
oh and I got some good chocolate this week and put it in the freezer, I def like the freezer trick! I got a dark chocolate bar that's spiced with ancho chiles and it has dried cherries in it, yum!

Dena has a lot to answer for....I did the chocolate freezer thing as well...slowed me down...yeah sure LOL

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

KayXo

Lowering carb intake can do wonders for weight loss but be sure to replace the lost carbs with plenty of fat, this won't lead to weight gain as is thought by many and studies have shown this for decades in humans.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •