News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

My Very Own HRT thread!

Started by Maddie86, July 17, 2017, 09:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi Maddie,

I too shave all over and have found that the hair is growing back slower and less thick. I'm fortunate in that I do not have all that many black hairs so it is less noticeable longer. I noticed you have quite a bit of lighter hair too. On the unfortunate side though is that laser is not really an option. The pay sounds real nice for this new job and will surely help. I've never made that hourly rate w/o overtime.
  I seems that you are doing okay overall considering your circumstances. Keep it up girl.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Maddie86

Wow, it's been a little while since I've posted here! Honestly, not a ton has really been happening on the HRT front, my skin and hair are pretty much the same, I think my chest has calmed down a little and I may have been a little more emotional lately too, but that might just be from some big changes I have coming up. One thing that I think has been changing is my taste. Spicy foods seem to have even more kick now than they did before, and sweet stuff seems sweeter! With pancakes I can't use a lot of syrup like I used to, mostly just butter now, and while I still do love sweets I can't eat as many like I used to.

One thing I've noticed is how much I can't stand being around groups of guys anymore, I hate it and it's clearer than ever that I am not one of them, even if I don't really feel like a girl all the time. It sucks because I'm around my dad a lot and I'm even getting really sick of him, he likes to joke around a lot and his sense of humor is very dumb and at times vulgar and I just can't stand it, it's so annoying. And seriously, do guys need to talk about their genitals and sex ALL THE EFFING TIME?! stop! My car ride to work is an hour and a half now and that's all they seem to talk about after work, there's a whole vehicle full of men laughing while I'm looking out the widow trying not to cry.

I started to freak out a little the other day because it was the first of the month. I can't believe it's March already! Last year was the longest year of my life when I wanted time to go by fast, this year I need things to slow down and it's flying by! At this time next month I'm hoping to be moving into my first apartment! This is crucial to my transition, I am going to be living alone for the first time, and I need to move out to my own place before I tell my mom about my transition. I do have a place lined up that has its pros and cons though. It's in a nice neighborhood but it's two towns over from where I actually want to live, so that's kind of a bummer but my friend owns it, so I don't have to worry about a mean landlord that won't take my transition well. My friend said I could still use my bbq smoker there and he said I could get a cat if I want to, which I think will help with my loneliness. It's a little smaller than I'd like but I think it will be ok. The thing that sucks is that I can't really go look at it in person right now because someone's living there. They've been evicted though for a couple different reasons, they've been served already so they are supposed to be out by the end of the month but there's a chance that something could happen, but my friend told me I should be able to move in in April.

Another reason I'm freaking out about it being the beginning of the month is because May 1st is my tentative "full time" date, and that's when I plan on coming out on Facebook. It's been over 2 months now since I've been out in public as Maddie, and that was even the last time I did my makeup, I've been so lazy about it! But luckily I have a lot of Maddie time coming up! Next weekend I'm going an hour out of town with a friend for dinner and I'm going to dress up for that, and then we're doing the same thing the following weekend. Then March 24th I have an appointment with my therapist and I'm going to go see her as Maddie for the first time! This will be the anniversary weekend of my first appointment with her last year, and she still hasn't seen me dressed up in person yet! She's seen pictures though. Then April 13th I have an appointment with the gender doctor and I'm going to dress up for that too for the first time! I think they can give me one more increase in my estrogen too and I'll be at the maximum dose, so we'll see how that goes!

and on top of all of this I need to find a new job! ugh!

So much coming up! I'm scared but excited! I also need a lot more new clothes! I'm planning a shopping trip in April I think
  •  

RobynTx

Congrats on finding an apartment.  Going full time can be scary.  I went public on Facebook on Jan 31st.  I've been full time pretty much that entire time.  I still take it slow for my wife though. I agree about men being vulgar.  My partner at work is quite vulgar and I have to ignore or get onto him for it during shifts.  I feel the same way that I barely noticed that kind of stuff when I was more male.  I am not one to talk about that stuff at all but still. 

It's just a matter of repetition for us changing into butterflies.  The more we do something the less odd it feels.  After a while just going out to the store in a skirt or dress becomes a non-event.

Keep it up, you're doing great!

•  

Maddie86

Quote from: RobynTx on March 03, 2018, 12:58:43 PM
Congrats on finding an apartment.  Going full time can be scary.  I went public on Facebook on Jan 31st.  I've been full time pretty much that entire time.  I still take it slow for my wife though. I agree about men being vulgar.  My partner at work is quite vulgar and I have to ignore or get onto him for it during shifts.  I feel the same way that I barely noticed that kind of stuff when I was more male.  I am not one to talk about that stuff at all but still. 

It's just a matter of repetition for us changing into butterflies.  The more we do something the less odd it feels.  After a while just going out to the store in a skirt or dress becomes a non-event.

Keep it up, you're doing great!

Thank you Robyn  :D
  •  

Maddie86

Ok, so music is a huge part of my life, and tonight I decided to try and get some pics of me and a couple of my guitars :) unfortunately I was confined to my bedroom, which has bad lighting and it just looks awful in general lol, but soon enough I will be in a new apartment and hopefully taking lots of better selfies  :D sorry my one shelf is so messy, I've been going through lots of stuff this weekend and I just started throwing stuff up there to sort out later lol.

I've been playing my acoustic a lot lately, I like this outfit a lot too.

Ok, now time for the rocker pics. I had way more fun with these ones, and I think it really shows!

•  

Maddie86

Oh wow, it's been almost 2 months since I've posted in here!

I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and he gave me another increase in my estrogen. I'm a little over 9 months into HRT now and I started to feel this increase pretty quick, this week I've been an emotional wreck. My girls are starting to hurt again too. I think they're getting more noticeable as well. I still present as male and wear loose clothing but if I'm wearing just a t-shirt then they definitely stand out a bit. I think my skin is starting to get a little softer again too. I'm still not in the range I want to be at though. my last blood test shows that my estrogen was in the low 60's, I'm starting to feel like it will never get over 100  :-\
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Maddie86 on April 28, 2018, 09:02:39 PM

I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and he gave me another increase in my estrogen. I'm a little over 9 months into HRT now and I started to feel this increase pretty quick, this week I've been an emotional wreck. My girls are starting to hurt again too. I think they're getting more noticeable as well. I still present as male and wear loose clothing but if I'm wearing just a t-shirt then they definitely stand out a bit. I think my skin is starting to get a little softer again too. I'm still not in the range I want to be at though. my last blood test shows that my estrogen was in the low 60's, I'm starting to feel like it will never get over 100  :-\

@Maddie86   You certainly know that from reading other members transition reports that things don't usually move quickly with HRT.... some quicker, some slower... it is all up to YOUR body..
Hang in there girl.... as time goes on you will start finding it difficult to hide your twin girls....

.... in my early transition my nipples were hard and very erect much of the time and of course that was very difficult to hide ....  they could have been classified as dangerous weapons ready to impale anyone that bumped into them!!!!  They even stretched nipple marks on many of my shirts and tops.  

From what I have seen in your photos on this thread and other threads I think that your face is getting quite feminized....  soon you will be considering going full-time... sooner than you think.

Please keep your updates coming.... and be patient... I know that it is difficult... but that will pass eventually and changes will happen when they happen but you can help things along with how you dress, fix your hair, apply makeup and do your nails... and how you handle yourself as you walk, move and sit...etc.
Hugs, and more hugs..... always wishing you the best.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on April 28, 2018, 09:57:19 PM
@Maddie86   You certainly know that from reading other members transition reports that things don't usually move quickly with HRT.... some quicker, some slower... it is all up to YOUR body..
Hang in there girl.... as time goes on you will start finding it difficult to hide your twin girls....

.... in my early transition my nipples were hard and very erect much of the time and of course that was very difficult to hide ....  they could have been classified as dangerous weapons ready to impale anyone that bumped into them!!!!  They even stretched nipple marks on many of my shirts and tops.  

From what I have seen in your photos on this thread and other threads I think that your face is getting quite feminized....  soon you will be considering going full-time... sooner than you think.

Please keep your updates coming.... and be patient... I know that it is difficult... but that will pass eventually and changes will happen when they happen but you can help things along with how you dress, fix your hair, apply makeup and do your nails... and how you handle yourself as you walk, move and sit...etc.
Hugs, and more hugs..... always wishing you the best.
Danielle

thank you, you're such a sweetheart  :D I hope I meet you someday so I can give you a hug!
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: Maddie86 on April 28, 2018, 09:02:39 PM

hang in there. getting your E level up and T level down takes time and the time it takes to get there is different for each of us.  I'm close to where you are now. Started HRT last year. Very similar hormone levels.  Just got my E increased.  The good news is that you're getting there.  You're making progress.  :)

•