Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

foods that increase platelet count

Started by cymoril, July 22, 2017, 06:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cymoril

Does anyone know what foods help increase platelet count?  Due to extensive drug use, especially alcohol, and HCV, my liver has become cirrhotic and my platelet count is extremely low.  Low platelet count has the possibility of delaying or even disallowing me to have vaginoplasty!!!  So PLEASE, if anyone knows anything about raising platelet count, could you post it here?  Thanks a bunch!!!!  I don't think I can live with that wyrm as a part of me!!!  I hate it so much!!  Ok. I'm calmer now.  Sometimes it just overwhelms me.  Take care!!!  I love you all!!!  Bye!!!!!
Don't really know what to write here...  So I'll just write a little about myself.  For conciseness, I am a 48 y/o pre-op transsexual who's in a wheelchair.  I'm wheelchair bound due to AVN(avascular necrosis) which took three and a half inches from my right femur and I acquired due to HIV.  I got infected by the first man I was ever with.  So, after spending 40+ years in Texas and getting three felonies, I decided to move to San Francisco.
  I got here in 2010 and continued to drug myself until something happened...  I don't remember exactly what happened, but I do know I did something to ease my pain, which didn't help and I ended up in the ER.  After that, mind you I could still walk, barely, I was diagnosed with avascular necrosis.  Immediately I was sent to a hospital in really bad shape.  I was addicted to a copious amount of drugs and weighed less than 90lbs.  I was near death.  I spent two and a half years in hospital, quit drugs, got my own place and am doing quite well.
  •  

Dena

If your body can handle it, iron rich foods might be appropriate if your iron levels are low. Google turned up this list
Red meat, pork and poultry.
Seafood.
Beans.
Dark green leafy vegetables, such as spinach.
Dried fruit, such as raisins and apricots.
Iron-fortified cereals, breads and pastas.
Peas.

If there is another reason you platelet count is low, you should talk with your doctor and see what can be done. If you haven't already stopped using alcohol, you should. Under some conditions if the damage isn't extensive, the liver can regenerate but damage must be stopped.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Deborah

In addition to the above foods you should eat organ meats, particularly liver.  That tops the list with bio available iron and other essential minerals.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •