Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The best trans movie I've seen so far.

Started by Julia1996, July 22, 2017, 07:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

I just got done watching the movie "Carl(a)" It was really good. It had Laverne Cox in it. The woman who played the lead was trans as well. She did an amazing performance.  It's on amazon prime video. They have quite a few trans movies and documentaries on there.
Julia
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

classicbeauty9922

I've been wanting to watch Carl(a) for awhile. I think I might check it out on Amazon.
  •  

TonyaW

Check out "Boy Meets Girl".  Netflix had it a few months ago when I watched it.  Was shortly after I started my HRT and yeah I cried.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

staciM

Quote from: TonyaW on August 22, 2017, 03:48:29 PM
Check out "Boy Meets Girl".  Netflix had it a few months ago when I watched it.  Was shortly after I started my HRT and yeah I cried.

+1, excellent movie
- Staci -
  •  

JennaFae

Yeah Boy Meets Girl was really really good!  Will have to watch Carl(a).  Thnx for the post Julia.

Jenna xx
  •  

classicbeauty9922

Boy Meets Girl is definitely one of the better transgender themed films that I've seen. The lead actress, Michelle Hendley, is really good especially when you consider that it was her first ever acting role. I loved how the relationship between two childhood friends is explored while one just happened to be a transgender woman as both live in a small southern town.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Tommie_9

Cool! Thanks for sharing! I plan to watch both movies.
Finding 'self' is the first step toward becoming 'self'. Every step is part of a journey. May your journey lead to happiness. Peace!
  •  

Swedishgirl96

This is by faar the best movie covering any trans subject. I love both Eddie and Alicia in this movie and its so beautiful and sad and a really emotional rollercoaster. And it's based on a true story, true persons. Love it!
La dolce vita
  •  

big kim

Different for girls was my favourite,closely followed by I want what I want
  •  

Maid Marion

Thanks!  I just watched it and thought it was excellent, though it may be hard for some to watch.

I've also been reading books on Trans/CD on Kindle Unlimited. 
  •  

Ann W

I really liked "Just Charlie." It's a British film, and the accents can be a bit thick. I recommend turning on the subtitles.
  •  

Julia1996

I didn't really care for the Danish girl. It was ok but I didn't like the fact she died at the end. It's amazing to me that they were experimenting with SRS so long ago. My other favorite trans movie was I want what I want from 1970. It was very well done for that time period in my opinion. When I heard what boy meets girl was about I really wanted to see it. But then I found out it's a woman the character has the love affair with and I have totally no desire to see it. I thought Gun hill road was very well done. And a transwoman played the lead character. Soldier's girl I didn't like because it was so sad at the end. I also didn't relate to the lead character at all. This seemed more like a drag queen movie than a trans movie in my opinion.  Lastly, I totally LOVED transamerica. I've seen it like 5 times. It's well done and a lot of it is funny. I also thought the actress who played the lead did an awesome job.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

graspthesanity

Romeos by far. It's very well researched and hey! It has a happy ending!

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: TonyaW on August 22, 2017, 03:48:29 PM

I saw it a couple of months ago. I really liked the story.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Pica Pica

Anyone seen this new film 'girl' about the trans ballet dancer?
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Pica Pica on March 18, 2019, 04:18:57 PM
Anyone seen this new film 'girl' about the trans ballet dancer?

lol Yes watched it last night on Netflix @Pica Pica where have you been hiding?

I gave it a good review, "thumbs up" elsewhere although the ending was not "happy", I blame the so-called gatekeeper "therapist"!

;D ;) a.k.a "Kiera"
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Chloe on March 19, 2019, 05:15:00 AM
lol Yes watched it last night on Netflix where have you been hiding?

I gave it a good review, "thumbs up" elsewhere although the ending was not "happy", I blame the so-called gatekeeper "therapist"!

;D ;) a.k.a "Kiera"
Have not seen the movie but have read about it. According to the woman the movie is based on, its pretty accurate except that the ending never happened.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

VickyMI

Transformer

Very well done.

It's now out on Amazon.

She is a world class weightlifter and struggles with giving up (lowering) her strength as a result of hormones.  I struggle with the same issue with my competitive golf game.  So it really hit home for me.
Happy T Gurl living as Vicky half time.
  •  

NatalieRene

It's pure fiction but zerophilia does kind of tackle some social aspects.
  •