Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

HRT observations

Started by Megan., July 28, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenzie4realz

Quote from: Kendra on July 28, 2017, 03:24:51 PM
Jessica, thank you.  This is great to know.
I thought that was a presurgical standard due to the clotting factor? And risk of DVT and PE... when did that change?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Perle

Quote from: Kendra on July 28, 2017, 01:58:46 PM
In the long run it's all just estrogen under the bridge.
OMG I love this quote! I'm a doc doing trans hormones for both trans men and women (a little awkward for the men as I'm a gyno, but it's a public clinic and no one else is doing treatment for trans folks in this setting)
"Just estrogen under the bridge." Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Megan.

Quick update: breasts certainly budding now, and tender to the touch. Emotions are far easier to access. I was sobbing with happiness when I got my Triathlon result,  I've never cried with happiness before,  a truly wonderful thing.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Quote from: meganjames2 on September 22, 2017, 01:52:34 PM
Quick update: breasts certainly budding now, and tender to the touch. Emotions are far easier to access. I was sobbing with happiness when I got my Triathlon result,  I've never cried with happiness before,  a truly wonderful thing.

Yep hormones  for sure.. soon you'll be saying "Dang hormones" like me.
;D ;D

Hugs,   
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Laurie on September 22, 2017, 02:35:58 PM
Yep hormones  for sure.. soon you'll be saying "Dang hormones" like me.
;D ;D

Hugs,   
  Laurie
When my young son jumped on my chest last week I certainly said something!

•  

AnneK

QuoteQuick update: breasts certainly budding now

This bud's for you!   :D
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Kendra on September 22, 2017, 04:14:02 PM
I can just pitcher that.
Hehe,  cheers to that!

•  

Charlotte F

Quote from: meganjames2 on September 22, 2017, 01:52:34 PM
I was sobbing with happiness when I got my Triathlon result,  I've never cried with happiness before,  a truly wonderful thing.

So how did you get on in the triathlon Megan?
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Charlotte F on September 22, 2017, 04:29:00 PM
So how did you get on in the triathlon Megan?
It was my first full Olympic distance,  it wasn't quick or pretty,  but I made it round and under my admittedly generous target time (hence the tears). The weather was also pretty grim; wind and rain. Official time was 3 hours 43 minutes.
It was nice lining up at the start with all the other ladies having a good chat before our wave started.
I'm already planning another one,  after my third half marathon next month[emoji5].
Three years ago I weighed 280lbs and couldn't run for more than 30 seconds.

•  

Charlotte F

That's awesome and sounds like a good time to me!  Completing something like that just feels amazing especially when you've had to come so far to get there

I'm still slowly recovering from a bad break to my leg that I sustained at the start of the year.  A couple of weeks back I finally managed to compete in a cycle race.  Can't say I did particularly well (217th!) but just crossing the line was enough for me!

I can only imagine how liberating that must have felt to be starting with all the other girls
  •  

Megan.

Good work on getting back in the saddle!
I was 39th out of the 39 ladies, but I beat some of the men [emoji16].
I don't look even vaguely female squeezed into a wet suit,  so I got misgendered all the way round,  but hey-ho!

•  

Charlotte F

Yes, unfortunately wetsuits and lycra outfits are not the most forgiving or flattering!  Thank goodness for HRT, hopefully in time our shapes will start to change enough to pass to some degree.  At the moment I personally wouldn't even try and the thought of tucking on a bike sounds like a whole new level of pain  :o
  •  

Megan.

Quick update: 3 more days until my E gets doubled. My emotions continue to strengthen. My overall mood is still very positive,  I often feel what I can only describe as 'joy', to the point of crying.
Physically my breasts are continuing to bud,  and the E increase will probably only drive this further.
All the changes I've had so far have been great and welcome (aside the tender boobs).

•  

Megan.

Quick update: today I increase my E dose (double) and tomorrow I also get my second gnrh blocker jab.
I'll admit I've had a wobble over the last week in the run  up to this point, but Michelle was kind enough to make me see sense,  so onward!
Biggest issue right now is the discomfort from my running. Even with a sports bra and compression top it's quite uncomfortable. I'm probably up to an A cup at this point,  as I had the remnants from moobs as a start point,  but the buds are certainly there,  growing and quite tender.

•  

Kendra

Wow Megan - in three years you went from 280 pounds (127kg) to run/swim/bike a triathalon now?!   What an incredible accomplishment.   
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Kendra on September 27, 2017, 12:41:34 PM
Wow Megan - in three years you went from 280 pounds (127kg) to run/swim/bike a triathalon now?!   What an incredible accomplishment.
Tnx hun. X

•  

Megan.

OMG WOW!
3 months into HRT,  and doubled E dose 3 days ago.
Desire for sexual release is almost zero,  but I've been trying things occasionally to see what still works and keep things as functional as possible. It can currently still get hard with encouragement,  but remains quiet otherwise.
I was giving things a run through last night and OMG WOW! When others have commented on experiencing a change to female orgasms they weren't kidding!
It wasn't like a male orgasm,  it was mostly mental/emotional and not really physical.
I was half laughing/half crying,  hyperventilating,  and it just kept going... It even took a while just lying still for it to stop.
I always tried to be an attentive lover to my Ex,  but I didn't have a clue,  and I only get that now.
An amazing and affirming experience [emoji16].

•  

RobynTx

I noticed the same here.  OMG, breasts are fun to play with but they are better when they are played with.

•  

Laurie

I've never really thought much of my finishes before HRT and sadly even less since on the occasional times I've bothered. Worse yet I now find it a difficult chore that frequently results in some pain. Not what I'd call enjoyable in the least.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•