Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

HRT observations

Started by Megan., July 28, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

[emoji853] Laurie,  sorry to hear that. 'Chore' is certainly the word now for me too,  I'm kinda making myself based on others comments about maintaining orgasmic capability post GRS and to minimise shrinkage of the very little donor material I already have.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
  •  

Megan.

Quick update: Emotions are becoming ever more present,  happiness,  sadness, all wonderful.
Access to my emotions was one thing I talked about alot with my therapist,  way before full-time and HRT. I wanted this greatly but was worried I wouldn't be able to process or handle them, but I have only found this part of HRT positive (even the negative feelings). As I was full-time for several months before the HRT,  I do feel it is the shift in my hormone levels that has allowed this,  including my recent E increase.
Physically, my breast buds are still very tender and growing slowly. No other obvious changes beyond my previous updates.

•  

RobynTx

Emotions can be quite fun most of the time. Keep it up!

•  

Megan.

Quick update: I'm not sure if it's a result of now taking my oral E twice a day,  but the short lived nausea I had for a couple of weeks following my morning E pill seems to have faded away.

•  

IzzyC

I've always had a low threshold for tears, always.

Even then I was also not ready for or prepared for what it would be like on HRT.

I spent half the new Beauty and the Beast movie last night crying and creating a pile of tissue.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: IzzyC on October 04, 2017, 01:52:13 PM
I've always had a low threshold for tears, always.

Even then I was also not ready for or prepared for what it would be like on HRT.

I spent half the new Beauty and the Beast movie last night crying and creating a pile of tissue.
As a young child I was very sensitive and prone to tears,  but I locked all that away as I got older and was given the 'boys don't cry' drill and the dreaded T ramped up. Well the T is gone,  and now I'm allowed (nay expected) to cry [emoji4].

•  

Laurie

Quote from: meganjames2 on October 04, 2017, 01:55:57 PM
As a young child I was very sensitive and prone to tears,  but I locked all that away as I got older and was given the 'boys don't cry' drill and the dreaded T ramped up. Well the T is gone,  and now I'm allowed (nay expected) to cry [emoji4].

Being able to express emotions is a double edged sword. on one hand it is a relief to be able to finally let those tears flow but on the other it signals  hurt and pain that have no other outlet. Occasional tears over a sad movie or story is one thing despair and pain is another. Besides it gives me headaches. lol
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Laurie on October 04, 2017, 02:04:14 PM
  Being able to express emotions is a double edged sword. on one hand it is a relief to be able to finally let those tears flow but on the other it signals  hurt and pain that have no other outlet. Occasional tears over a sad movie or story is one thing despair and pain is another. Besides it gives me headaches. lol
I guess I'm lucky not to have hit true pain yet. A colleague's sister passed away today, we're quite close and he came to share the news with me before he left,  I didn't cry (could have though),  but I felt an emotional empathy I never would have before.

•  

RobynTx

I've come close so many times to bust out in tears but somehow I've managed to keep it to just a few drops.  Sometimes at the strangest of times.  One time I was getting onto a new hire that I was training for doing something wrong.  Other times it would be normal things to cry over.  Hopefully my E will be increased this month. 

•  

Bari Jo

Lately just when anybody shows me a kindness, I get choked up.  I don't even know where that's coming from.  I kinda like it though.  Before hrt I had two modes, angry and sleepy.  This feels more healthy.
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Megan.

It's funny how the emotional changes are in many ways (at least for me) some of the most profound changes from HRT,  and yet because the medical community can't measure it,  they don't even seem to register that these happen.

•  

Laurie

Oh they happen... both good and bad

•  

Megan.

Update: WARNING - graphic and gross follows... You've been warned!

I'm sharing this here because I'm freaking out a little, but if it turns out to be of use to someone else,  then it's worth it.

Last night there was fresh blood in my ejaculate. I've been on HRT (E and GNRH blockers for just over 3 months), there was and is no pain,  discomfort or injury,  and I feel perfectly healthy. I didn't sleep well last night as a result and went straight to the doctors this morning,  they checked my prostate which is fine,  and I'm now currently at the hospital waiting for blood tests.

I did Google this last night and did find a few other instances of MTF trans* who'd had a similar experience. It may or may not be related to my medication or the changes it is inducing.

I will update on this thread any developments.

•  

Laurie

Well you dang well better keep us informed lady.

Hope they find it's nothing serious

•  

Bari Jo

Eef, scary scary.  Keep us updated.  Hugs...
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Megan.

I'm just pretending it's that time of the month! [emoji16]

•  

RobynTx

Hope everything turns out okay.

•  

AshleyP

I had something similar. At about the same time frame, I noticed a very slight pinkish tinge to my ejaculate. It wasn't very pronounced at all, and it only happened the one time. Also, at about the same time, I experienced a clear discharge from my breasts for a little while, a couple of weeks. In fact, with enough pressure, I could express a short stream of it. Also once, I got a reddish tinge to the discharge. One of the side effects of spiro is "clear or bloody discharge from the nipple." The side effects are listed on drugs.com and there are several other "bloody" side effects. I just chalked it up to that.

But you're not taking spiro, so that doesn't apply. I hope everything turns out fine for you.

All the best,
--AshleyP
  •  

Megan.

Tnx Ashley,  I'm not overly concerned right now,  but I'll see what my blood results bring back. The silver lining is I got the doctor to add T & E levels onto the tests,  so I'll get an idea of how my HRT is running [emoji4].

•  

Laurie

Quote from: meganjames2 on October 05, 2017, 11:26:00 AM
Tnx Ashley,  I'm not overly concerned right now,  but I'll see what my blood results bring back. The silver lining is I got the doctor to add T & E levels onto the tests,  so I'll get an idea of how my HRT is running [emoji4].

Sneaky woman  ;D