Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

HRT observations

Started by Megan., July 28, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

And all those years I thought T&E was Travel and Entertainment expenses.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

RobynTx

•  

Megan.

Just got back from a 10k race with a couple of old friends who are totally cool with my transition.
The thing I've noticed is that my stamina and run pace have certainly picked up since doubling my E 10 days ago. Still not in 'male' territory,  but I'd say the increase in my dose has improved my energy levels and endurance.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Deborah

E promotes fat burning so that might be what you are experiencing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Deborah on October 08, 2017, 08:56:28 AM
E promotes fat burning so that might be what you are experiencing.

Why did no one tell me this sooner!!! [emoji23]

•  

Deborah

LOL.  According to an article I read it also promotes HGH, human growth hormone, which aids in muscle gain.

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Megan.

Wierd,  I always though that T was a big factor in muscle growth.
Is there anything E can't do? It's a wonder drug!

•  

KayXo

Quote from: Deborah on October 08, 2017, 09:01:28 AMAccording to an article I read it also promotes HGH, human growth hormone, which aids in muscle gain.

The reason estrogen tends to increase growth hormone is because it reduces IGF-1 which is really the key hormone in promoting muscle gain.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

Deborah

My experiment of one is showing me muscle and strength gain still happens in the absence of testosterone.  So something is going on. 

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Deborah

Anyway, here is the link to the article I read.  It contains links to several studies also.
https://www.muscleforlife.com/female-muscle-growth/

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

KayXo

Muscle gain is still possible with estrogen and low T but would be much greater on higher T and less E. That's all I'm saying. IGF-1 is higher on a combination of higher T and lower E. My IGF-1 significantly dropped on high doses of E, to under the normal range whereas on lower doses of E and with some added T, my IGF-1 went back up. This is really the hormone that counts when it comes to building muscle and it's mostly through the action of this hormone that growth hormone exerts its effects.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

Charlotte F

Having lost so much muscle earlier this year following my skiing accident, I can't really say how my muscle has or hasn't been affected by the HRT.  Today though, after several years of having a consistent threshold heart rate of 177 BPM my rate has increased to 180 BPM.  This is very strange as I'm no fitter than any time in the last few years - the only thing that's changed is the addition of HRT
  •  

Megan.

Wow,  just got back from a facial laser session,  feel sorry for the operator...
I've previously had 8 sessions and about 10 hours electro, these weren't fun, but manageable; this was the first time since starting HRT that I'd done any hair removal.

Half way through I couldn't take it and just burst into tears. I had just enough of my wits left to prevent a full breakdown. The operator had to find me tissues and a drink.

The pain was bad,  but no worse than I remember,  the issue was that the pain now had an emotional impact too.
Admittedly my head wasn't in good place even going into the session,  I've been getting worked up about possible GRS options (which is still a long way away).

So 5 more of those then [emoji853]...

•  

Megan.

Okay, I'm struggling [emoji853].
It's probably not coincidence that my emotions have been growing more powerful since increasing my HRT.
I'm getting quite scared that I can't process them,  and that I'm loosing the person I was.
I'm crying over almost anything right now,  sometimes for no reason.
I've arranged to see my therapist to talk it through. I don't want to stop my transition,  and I can't and don't want to go back. I really hope things improve.

•  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: meganjames2 on October 09, 2017, 04:43:26 PM
Okay, I'm struggling [emoji853].
It's probably not coincidence that my emotions have been growing more powerful since increasing my HRT.
I'm getting quite scared that I can't process them,  and that I'm loosing the person I was.
I'm crying over almost anything right now,  sometimes for no reason.
I've arranged to see my therapist to talk it through. I don't want to stop my transition,  and I can't and don't want to go back. I really hope things improve.

Is this something everyone experiences? I would like to know that. I was warned that I would get depressed and when I did, I found it so unmanageable that my endo lowered my dose to the initial one. I guess I want to know if we all go through that, I don't want to become a depressed and emotional mess.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Bari Jo

Megan, yes, I'm finding the same occasionally.  When I was DIY my second time I was unaware that this was possible and I would just cry unexpectedly, or with very minor ribbing or bullying.  (I've been bullied a lot)  Now though I know it's possible and can stave it off usually.  This is normal, and by the end of the day I actually like it.  It's proof to me that hrt is working.  So often I just feel even keel and when I get a surge of emotion, I love it.  Today I had a disagreement with my vfx super and I almost cried during it.

Charlie Nicki, I think if you are prone to depression it can accentuate it.  The ups and downs I feel are mainly happy, sad, isolation, exhileration.  I have gotten depressed on hrt, but not any worse than before hrt.
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Thanks for the info Bari Jo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on October 09, 2017, 07:36:21 PM
Is this something everyone experiences? I would like to know that. I was warned that I would get depressed and when I did, I found it so unmanageable that my endo lowered my dose to the initial one. I guess I want to know if we all go through that, I don't want to become a depressed and emotional mess.
I did not experience any of that with a fairly high dose of both spiro and E.  I was depressed before HRT but have not experienced depression since.  As for emotions I think mine were fairly intense all my life.  HRT, if it has changed my emotions at all it has been only a marginal change.

The changes I have experienced have all been positive such as mood elevation and suppression of the rages I used to often fly in to.

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on October 09, 2017, 07:36:21 PM
I'm not going to say this is depression,  as  I'm also feeling some great positivity too. It's the strength of these emotions,  that having not grown up with them,  I'm finding very difficult to process.
I've had a bad couple of weeks: messed around by the GIC, health scare (which I'm still waiting for results on), obsessing about if/what GRS to get,  a very upsetting laser session; it's all getting too much. Before HRT I'd just compartmentalise and ignore my emotions,  now I can't.

•  

AshleyP

Quote from: Deborah on October 09, 2017, 08:40:35 PM
HRT, if it has changed my emotions at all it has been only a marginal change.

Same here. Not much difference, if any.

--AshleyP
  •