HRT observations

Started by Megan., July 28, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 02, 2018, 03:19:38 AM
... I love the new avatar!

- Stephanie
... Ditto hun. X

KayXo - I feel very stable and happy with my current dose; I guess this is the point when HRT comes down more to 'feel' than exact science.
I guess like many, I'm concerned that I might not get optimal feminisation if I don't get to the recommended levels, but that's not a huge thing for me personally.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

KayXo

Quote from: Megan. on March 02, 2018, 11:17:31 AMI'm concerned that I might not get optimal feminisation if I don't get to the recommended levels

A recent published study stated that they themselves didn't know "the precise concentration of oestradiol that results in adequate feminization". They just go with average levels in ciswomen but for reasons mentioned several times before, we are markedly different in several regards (growth hormone levels, in-utero exposure, sensitivity at later age, intracellular concentrations, etc.) so that really, there has been no study establishing the ideal range for us and the truth is probably that it varies quite significantly across individuals and throughout our lifetime.

I believe that if there is even slight breast growth and changes as far as facial shape, fat redistribution, etc, and if you feel fine mentally, then that is most likely the right dose for you, right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? I think that applies here. Just my 2 cents but based on common sense and published findings. But, I ain't the expert so please follow doctor's orders. ;)
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

Megan.

The last couple of weeks have been really tough on me. Nothing has materially changed in my life; I strongly suspect it is due to my GNRH blocker coming to the end of its dose early (next jab on Tuesday). Given my bodies' seeming ability to rapidly break down my E dose, I wonder if it is also breaking down that blocker faster than normal too.
Dysphoria,  anxiety,  depression are all in full swing right now. Hard to imagine I lived like this for so many years!

•  

Megan.

I share alot on this site about my mental and physical condition,  hopefully to the potential benefit of others. I tend not to publish much about my personal and family life.
I will share that someone very special to me came into my life a few months ago. I did not plan or ever expect to be in any kind of relationship at this point of my transition.
This person has brought so much happiness into my life, and has been a rock the last few weeks while I struggle over my hormonal bumps!
So I just wanted say thank you to this amazing person. X

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Megan. on March 10, 2018, 05:53:51 AM
I share alot on this site about my mental and physical condition,  hopefully to the potential benefit of others. I tend not to publish much about my personal and family life.
I will share that someone very special to me came into my life a few months ago. I did not plan or ever expect to be in any kind of relationship at this point of my transition.
This person has brought so much happiness into my life, and has been a rock the last few weeks while I struggle over my hormonal bumps!

I am so happy for you Megan. You deserve someone very special because you are also very special. I wish you both the very best.

Jayne
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Megan. on March 10, 2018, 05:53:51 AM

You're welcome, sweetie. The last few months have been magic to me. Thank you for being my rock as well.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 10, 2018, 07:40:05 AM
You're welcome, sweetie. The last few months have been magic to me. Thank you for being my rock as well.

Hugs, Devlyn
[emoji4]

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 10, 2018, 07:40:05 AM

Hugs, Devlyn

Oh, that's awesome you two! Congratulations! [emoji322]

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 10, 2018, 10:09:36 AM
Oh, that's awesome you two! Congratulations! [emoji322]

Stephanie
Tnx hun. Stockholm syndrome set in after my spell in her Dungeon [emoji23]

•  

Devlyn

Happens to the best of them!  :laugh: >:-)
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 10, 2018, 10:14:10 AM
Happens to the best of them!  :laugh: >:-)

And Megan is definitely among the best of them!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Megan.

<blush>

•  

RobynTx

I'm so happy for you.  Love can come out of no where and hit us in the face.  It's important to have someone in your life for ups and downs.  Especially the downs because they can bring us back up.  Really, I'm excited and very happy for you.  You deserve the happiness.

•  

Megan.

Quote from: RobynTx on March 10, 2018, 04:54:40 PM
I'm so happy for you.  Love can come out of no where and hit us in the face.  It's important to have someone in your life for ups and downs.  Especially the downs because they can bring us back up.  Really, I'm excited and very happy for you.  You deserve the happiness.
Tnx Robyn, I feel like a very lucky lady [emoji4]

•  

Megan.

Quick update: when I last posted wrt my HRT, I was under some stress as I suspected my T was rising as my GNRH blocker was wearing off early.
My jabs are meant to be quarterly, but by the time I got my jab (2 weeks ago) at 11 weeks I was suffering from all the usual T-induced demons. Aside the reminder (as if I needed it) as to why HRT and transition are the right path for me, I'm very keen to avoid this again.
I'm just about back in a good mental balance now, but I'd certainly be glad to loose the ol' T factories to remove any chance of repeating the unpleasantness.
In two weeks time i have a GIC appointment to get my first GRS signature, but I'll share about that in my GRS thread [emoji5].

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Megan. on March 26, 2018, 01:56:45 PM
Quick update: when I last posted wrt my HRT, I was under some stress as I suspected my T was rising as my GNRH blocker was wearing off early.
My jabs are meant to be quarterly, but by the time I got my jab (2 weeks ago) at 11 weeks I was suffering from all the usual T-induced demons. Aside the reminder (as if I needed it) as to why HRT and transition are the right path for me, I'm very keen to avoid this again.
I'm just about back in a good mental balance now, but I'd certainly be glad to loose the ol' T factories to remove any chance of repeating the unpleasantness.
In two weeks time i have a GIC appointment to get my first GRS signature, but I'll share about that in my GRS thread [emoji5].

That's great news, Megan! I will be eagerly awaiting for your updates to see how you're progressing.

Jayne
  •  

Megan.

Quick update: I'm not sure of how much interest this is to people, but this morning I went to have my instruction from a great nurse on how to dilate my penis/urethra.
If anyone has specific questions please PM me.
I'll be doing this every other day going forward until either GRS or reconstructive surgery of my current equipment.

•  

Megan.

Quick update: those following will know I've been having some minor issues with my HRT.
Estrogen wise my latest measurement was 252pmol/L. This is below the GICs preferred 300-400 range and I confirmed with them last week that they would like to see me in this range. For previous blood tests I've been following some NHS published guidance I found that said I should wait 14 hours since my last dose. As this was also the smaller of my current split dose, I agreed with the GIC that I'd check my levels again without such a long gap from a small dose. I'll share this result when I get it. I'm currently on a moderate dose size of oral E, and have room for further increases in my current medication if my levels are still too low.
Testosterone wise, I felt that my last 12-weekly jab was loosing is effect after 9 weeks. The GIC agreed this can happen, and instructed me to have it tested at 10, 11 and 12 weeks on this cycle to see if my levels really are rising. They stated it should be under 3nmol/L. If it goes above this, then the period between my GNRH jabs should be reduced to compensate.

I'm gaining weight slowly [emoji853],  but at least some of this is certainly going to my thighs and breasts,  so not all bad! [emoji6]

•  

Megan.

Quick update: a couple of days ago I finally stopped using any additional fillers in my bra. When I went full-time (pre-hrt) I used silicone breastforms, I have successively dropped these down in size as my girls have grown. For the last few months, I've just been using 'chicken fillets' to give some extra roundness, but I can now just about fill out a 40B lightly padded t-shirt bra [emoji5].
It's a surprisingly validating thing. I've been lucky to get reasonable growth, unlikely I'll ever want BA. X

•