News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

HRT observations

Started by Megan., July 28, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenzie4realz

Quote from: Megan. on June 02, 2018, 03:30:09 PM
Quick update: a couple of days ago I finally stopped using any additional fillers in my bra. When I went full-time (pre-hrt) I used silicone breastforms, I have successively dropped these down in size as my girls have grown. For the last few months, I've just been using 'chicken fillets' to give some extra roundness, but I can now just about fill out a 40B lightly padded t-shirt bra [emoji5].
It's a surprisingly validating thing. I've been lucky to get reasonable growth, unlikely I'll ever want BA. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
Awesome news Megan..... congrats [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Jayne01

Congratulations, Megan. Great news!

Jayne
  •  

Megan.

Tnx all [emoji4]

•  

Megan.

Quick update: I've had my latest E levels measured, taken only 2 hours after my morning dose. They were 425pmol/L, at the bottom of the NHS transition range (400-600); so I'll be asking my GP for an additional increase in my E dosage.
I've been happy with the physical changes I've seen so far, and feel generally quite stable emotionally, but at my last GIC appointment they said I should get it a bit higher if this test was below or near the bottom of their range.

•  

AutumnGurl81

Congrats on all of your progress Megan! Forgive me if I'm way off, but my Endo was saying that normal range is 125ish, I believe. Is that a stable range? How come you want yours to be so much higher. Again, forgive me on this, I didn't really have an Endo before since I was using CC. I'm actually waiting to pick up my lupron and ev right now lol--just switched to Depot.
~°•Peace, love, compassion, and eqaulity. I believe that these qualities make us great. They can't be measured on a scale, only shared freely.•°~

-Jayden  :-*
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: AutumnGurl81 on June 04, 2018, 01:12:12 PM
Congrats on all of your progress Megan! Forgive me if I'm way off, but my Endo was saying that normal range is 125ish, I believe. Is that a stable range? How come you want yours to be so much higher. Again, forgive me on this, I didn't really have an Endo before since I was using CC. I'm actually waiting to pick up my lupron and ev right now lol--just switched to Depot.
Tnx hun.

There are a few different units used to measure E and T, so the numbers can be misleading. Always follow the advice of your doctor. [emoji5]

•  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: AutumnGurl81 on June 04, 2018, 01:12:12 PM

Hello again AutumnGurl81

First of all I must agree with Megan. We all react differently to HRT and therefore it is not wise to be influenced by "normal" or "target ranges".

There are different US and International (which includes UK where Megan and I live, Europe, Canada and Australia) units of measurements. You may wish to see my thread on Comparison of our HRT Blood Tests after 3/4 months if you are interested in the different readings as a guide.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Megan.

Quick update:

On the subject of splitting my oral E dose, I was advised during my recent consultation with an experienced GRS nurse that taking it all as a single morning dose is best. I've struggled to find any clear medical guidance on this, so it was nice to hear an experienced and trained opinion. I'll be changing my intake appropriately. X

•  

Mendi

Quote from: Megan. on June 05, 2018, 08:07:41 AM
Quick update:

On the subject of splitting my oral E dose, I was advised during my recent consultation with an experienced GRS nurse that taking it all as a single morning dose is best. I've struggled to find any clear medical guidance on this, so it was nice to hear an experienced and trained opinion. I'll be changing my intake appropriately. X

If that is for estrogen pills, then the advice really is incorrect. Get a proper advice from someone who knows better, because taking the pills in one go, will result most of if being wasted, because the body cannot use that amount of sudden estrogen level. It also means, that before next morning, your body is deprived of estrogen, due to the fact, that estrogen pills half-life is relatively quick and halfed before you taking another dose in the morning.

The half-life is I guess would be manageble, but depending on your dose, taking everything in one go means, the body cannot use everything.

All that you need to read, is the Summary of Product Characteristics and this understandable to everyone, even without any pharmaceutical training.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Mendi on June 05, 2018, 10:01:27 AM
If that is for estrogen pills, then the advice really is incorrect. Get a proper advice from someone who knows better, because taking the pills in one go, will result most of if being wasted, because the body cannot use that amount of sudden estrogen level. It also means, that before next morning, your body is deprived of estrogen, due to the fact, that estrogen pills half-life is relatively quick and halfed before you taking another dose in the morning.

The half-life is I guess would be manageble, but depending on your dose, taking everything in one go means, the body cannot use everything.

All that you need to read, is the Summary of Product Characteristics and this understandable to everyone, even without any pharmaceutical training.
The half-life of oral estradiol valerate is 12-20 hours,  so I'm sure it'll be fine!

As normal hormonal levels occur at their maximum in the morning and reduce through the day, I'm happy to trust the advice of one of the most experienced people in the country on the topic.

But as always, consult your medical professional [emoji6]. X

•  

Mendi

Just trying to help, there are plenty of studies showing, that taking everything at one go, will waste most of the estradiol. Your body cannot use such amounts, if we are talking near max level dosages. If less, then that is ok.

Half life is 14 to 16 hours.

But do as you please, I just wouldn´t trust so blindly to anyone.
  •  

Megan.

Much better for me to trust a post on the Internet, than someone with more than a decade of treating transpeople, and who knows my medical history and medical status.

•  

KayXo

Quote from: Mendi on June 05, 2018, 01:40:38 PMthere are plenty of studies showing, that taking everything at one go, will waste most of the estradiol. Your body cannot use such amounts

I have not come across such studies ever in my literature review. Would you please PM me and provide the links? Thank you.

I agree insofar as no one is infallible and it' always good to question. Health professionals can make mistakes too but it's best to seek out the info and then share it with them so that together, a decision may be arrived at. :)
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: RickiM on June 06, 2018, 09:23:59 AM
There are quite a few positive enhancements such as my tatas developing, a more than decent amount of cellulite on my thighs and rearend, thinner skin, softer hair, calmer mood, my libido is more normal and it's more regulated.
Hi Ricki [emoji4].

I'm running this thread to track my own person experience with HRT. More than happy for questions or comments on my posts, but if you'd like to share about your own experience please feel free to post on the HRT subthread in the transitioning topic.
It would be great if you could also introduce yourself in the introductions topic so we can know a little more about you [emoji5].

Megan. X

•  

Megan.

Quick update: following my concerns that my last GnRH jab ran out early,  I had blood tests run at weeks 10, 11 and 12.

The results were 0.5, 0.4 and 0.4 nmol/L, these sit near the bottom of the cis-female range (0.3-1.7).

[emoji5]

•  

Devlyn

•  

Megan.

... In mind,  if not quite in body... Yet. [emoji23]

•  

Megan.

Final update: Today is exactly 1 year since starting HRT, I almost missed the date, it doesn't hold much significance to me.

This will be my last update to this thread.

Overall,  physically, HRT has and continues to do what I expected it would, and has done for others.
Mentally it's been a far more profound experience than I could have imagined. There have been some bumps but I am in a stable place on a stable dose, so I don't expect much more in that area.

I'm certain that physical and emotional changes will continue, for a few more years, but I don't feel there is much more to be said on this topic.

Please PM me if you have any specific questions on anything I've discussed here.

Megan. X
  •  

Kendra

Megan congratulations!  Happy HRThday, and here's to many more.

I hope you don't discontinue HRT updates on this thread... as we have seen the effects slow down but can continue for several years. 

We are about the same HRT age.  I started at the end of July last year. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Charlotte F

Congratulations!  A year on HRT, it's amazing how fast time flies

Like Kendra, I hope you don't stop adding the occasional update, we hear about HRT in the first year so often but the longer term updates seem to be a bit lacking and I'm sure others just starting out are very interested to hear what might happen in the future

Charlotte x
  •